PDA

View Full Version : Nexed Rec-Ball Products...

Gutt
01-29-2003, 06:23 PM
Fellow AOers,

We at Nexed have dove headlong into the tourney scene with our high capacity bags, flashy jersey, glove, and pant colors, etc.

We'd like to market some products with the recreational player (occasional tourney, big game, etc) in mind.

What would you like to see?

Thanks for your time.

Darren

yeahthatsme
01-29-2003, 06:32 PM
cheapish jerseys and stuff...

also, sponsorships for rec teams going into tourney ball, i think that that would be a good idea as it would help get your products out and also help get more people into the tourney seen...

shartley
01-29-2003, 06:33 PM
Same types of products, more subdued colors. Dark grays, Blacks, dark greens, dark blues. And what I find Rec Ballers tend to want more than anything, is good quality gear that does not break their banks. Often times this is not possible because frankly in most cases you get what you pay for… so I say stick with the Rec Friendly Colors.

I actually love all the tourney stuff you and other companies put out, just minus the flashy colors. And although I don’t personally like camo tops (but do wear pants…. However, I think I will move to regular paintball pants this summer), you may think about mixing in some camo patterns into your products. I would not say do a FULL camo, but maybe as part of the pattern, like they do with flames and stuff for tourney style jersies.

Did I mention darker colors? ;)

Doobie
01-29-2003, 06:44 PM
I just ordered a pair of Nx Pro pants and I can't wait to check 'em out.
Rec ball stuff, huh? Well, maybe jersys and pants in muted colors so as not to "look" like camo but act like camo. Maybe something with a tribal type design, because that could break up ones outline.

Scenario players are limited in their choise of packs. The game plays different when you are carrying paint, air, radios, maps, water, and other gear onto the field. To date I know of only one manufacturer to make anything FOR paintball like that. http://www.flurryindustries.com/ultacvesnew.html
If you don't get this one, you are stuck buying and modifing SWAT vests from Balckhawk and companies like them for around $200. Maybe something with a camelback pocket built in.

Just some ideas...you asked
(Shartley beat me to it as I was typing...drat!)

Load SM5
01-29-2003, 07:01 PM
I like the jersies and gloves. Maybe just a few different jersey designs, some with integrated elbow padding.

But I agree, the pants are a little too flashy. If you made pants similiar to the JT premiere zip-offs, that actually last, I would buy them all day. Especially if you could sell the replacement legs so that when the knees do eventually go you can just replace those. I'm also a big fan of integrated pads in the pants.

joeyjoe367
01-29-2003, 07:10 PM
I'd like a pair of paintball pants that are rugged enough and functional in playing paintball, but "plain" enough that you can wear them on a day-to-day basis.

The JT pants load mentioned are close, but with the Huuuuge cordura knees, i'm a bit reluctant.

lower prices are always better.

HoppysMag
01-29-2003, 07:32 PM
id like something that blends in well but not actual camo, dark colors like what sam said.

01-29-2003, 07:49 PM
I use your roller hockey pants their great. They have outlasted my mission pants by half a season :)

Instead of say White and blue make black and green color jersey in same pattern?

battlegroup
01-29-2003, 08:57 PM
Just like Shartley said. Dark colors. I would like grey and black jersies.

Gutt
01-29-2003, 09:23 PM
Thanks for all the input guys! Great to hear some of the ideas. I knew subdued colors were going to be wanted, just didn't know if camo patterns were that important. Thanks for clearing it up.

Keep the ideas coming! A pack with integrated water bladder...hmmmm.

Thanks again.

Darren

Gutt
01-29-2003, 09:28 PM
Maybe something like this?

Load SM5
01-29-2003, 09:50 PM
That I like...

Derman2k
01-29-2003, 10:14 PM
The Raven Crypt Jersey has padded elbows and mine is pretty dark...Its black and a brownish-tan kinda color where it isn't black...I can wear it for Speedball and then go into the woods fine

WARPED1
01-29-2003, 10:21 PM
Neef some olive,brown,and black colors.SP used to make a real tree jersey,they were comfy.

BTAutoMag
01-29-2003, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by Gutt
What would you like to see?

frankly if it says AGD on it or is machined by myself, thats what i like. i'm just really impressed that you are asking before you market. AGD was the only company i thought to do that. i mean dye will just put something on the market and everybody will jump on it not knowing if its quality or not, kingman... well i wont go there. just knowing that you are asking will get me to shop in your store. who knows, the AGD jersey ive been waiting for for 2 years could be a nexed jersey

yeahthatsme
01-29-2003, 11:03 PM
i really like that jersey design!!(btw need any product testers;))

i agree that some darkish colors would be cool.

also, how about some simple black pants with lots of pockets? like something that would last on the rec field but could also be worn in public places.... thanks.

pito189
01-29-2003, 11:28 PM
I like that jersey design very much. Maybe you can do tank covers?

Gutt
01-30-2003, 09:32 AM
We figure its best to know what the customer interests are before we spend the time and money in development. You've been very helpful.

We are researching other softgoods at this time...tank covers, pads, etc.

Troy of the AGD Lions is now testing a pair of our NX-Pro pants. Hopefully he will have a write-up soon.

Darren

battlegroup
01-30-2003, 10:55 AM
I like the pants but they are a bit too flashy. Being one of the older players, and knowing that the older players tend to play rec/big game/scenarios more than hard core tourneys, I think the older players would buy some less flashy smart designs like the pro line but without the big names across the rear. Make it with the same options but cut out the big designs or maybe put some camo pattern in there. Not the whole thing camo but panels or sections and the rest black.

Smokee_2_7
01-30-2003, 11:48 AM
Gutt,

I dont know if you remember our PM conversations when you first joined AO, but I am the co-captain of team XPB. (Sponsored by Nexed.)

We are wearing your Driven series pants, and the NX pro gloves. Look for a review on the gloves here on ao in the near future. The pants review will be a little later, mainly because we are trying to keep the pants looking good for mardi gras, and have not played heavily in them yet.

As far as the topic of this thread goes, we have been carrying several nexed products. all three lines of pants, the gloves, the jerseys, as well as a few different gear bags.

We have a couple pairs of pants left, and 2 jerseys left. I absolutely LOVE the jerseys- - - the only reason I dont have one yet is all we have are Small sizes. The larger gear bag is the only one Ive gotten a good look at (the smaller one sold too fast). I am planning on getting the larger bag. It has PLENTY of room in it for my marker with the warp feed mounted on it. (this is a big problem for many other bags.)

As far as things marketed more for rec players, I would suggest things along the same line everyone is talking about:

more subdued colors. For example, although you can get the gloves in grey/white/black, A 'rec line' could offer the same glove in solid black, perhaps with some darker grey trim.

The same goes for jerseys. The Jersy design looks fantastic, and I love the feel of the material. For rec players, more subdued colors- - - I think the pattern is fine, but if it could be produced in a solid black/ or a black/dark green kinda pattern it may be a little more attractive to some of the rec players.

If you are considering producing pads, let me beg for caution. The pads that I am currently wearing are working fine for me (for the most part- - every now and then they will slip when i come in hard). However I am 6'0", 190 lbs, and am wearing the SMALLEST SIZE. Additionally, I have to really cinch the straps down to get the tight no-slip fit I want.

Even the more skinny guys on the team have a problem getting their pads tight enough. If they have smaller legs, there is just nothing tight enough to stay in place. Please look into this: It is our (and many other players' ) opinion that knee / knee/shin pads should stay in place TOTALLY when running full speed and droping to the knees for a slide. If a pad slips, many times it causes the person to literally 'trip' on that knee, and I have seen people go flying and tumbling across the field because a knee pad slipped and caught.

So, there's my take at the moment. Your product line is going over very well in our shop. We are so far very pleased with all of your products. A few more 'subdued' colors and products would definitly allow us to carry a nexed product for every level of player.

Carl

Ultimator
01-30-2003, 12:11 PM
Those nexed gloves up in the shop are looking mighty fine. I also use the same pads as Doc Carl and I have a nice pretty scab about the size of a quarter on my knee right now because they slipped on my once when I was going for a one-knee. Definitely look into making sizes that will fit your market! No scars on knees = good.

Gunga
01-30-2003, 12:22 PM
Welp, I guess I'll be the sole voice (so far) for camos. I like my camos! But...the military ones don't tend to last very long, at least for me. All the pairs I've owned I've torn up the crotch seams. Mostly from my knees getting wet, which in turn causes the pant material to tend to stick to my skin, which causes lots of tension on the cloth between my knees and crotch when I kneel on one knee...and soon....riiiiip!

So, if there were some nice camos with a 'stretchy' crotch area, I'd buy them. :)

joeyjoe367
01-30-2003, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by Gutt

We are researching other softgoods at this time...tank covers, pads, etc.

I, for the life of me, can't seem to find a pair of knee/shin pads that fit right. I'm pretty thin (5'9" 125 lbs) and have chicken-legs, but I 'still want that Padding.

I've tried renegade pads, and I've got jt e-motion pads sitting in my closet (want 'em? PM me). If you could get a padding system that DOESN'T invovle putting on a spandex type "sock" or if it does, a way to secure them so they don't move when you slide, and 'still fits us skinny guys, then you've got me sold.

joeyjoe367
01-30-2003, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by Smokee_2_7

If you are considering producing pads, let me beg for caution. The pads that I am currently wearing are working fine for me (for the most part- - every now and then they will slip when i come in hard). However I am 6'0", 190 lbs, and am wearing the SMALLEST SIZE. Additionally, I have to really cinch the straps down to get the tight no-slip fit I want.

Even the more skinny guys on the team have a problem getting their pads tight enough. If they have smaller legs, there is just nothing tight enough to stay in place.

...Just wanted to emphasize this point :)

Ultimator
01-30-2003, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by joeyjoe367
... I'm pretty thin (5'9" 125 lbs) and have chicken-legs, but I 'still want that Padding.I feel you bro. 5'6" 120 here. My kneepads do pretty good all around, but if I get some that don't budge and still have good protection I'd definitely grab them up. Also something to consider about pads - how well they bounce paintballs.

joeyjoe367
01-30-2003, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by Ultimator
Also something to consider about pads - how well they bounce paintballs.

Isn't that kinda cheating? ;) Yeah, I'd pay a good amount for a pair of pads that protect well, and don't move..

Maybe a Jt Skinz type pad *With* cinch down straps and non-slip pads on the insides... *wink* *wink*

Gutt
01-30-2003, 02:30 PM
May I ask what type of pads you guys are using right now? do you wear them under or over your pants? How do you feel about elbow pads. Do you like full forearm protection, or do you prefer just protection at the elbow.

I use the Dye pads currently, and I have problems with them slipping down the knee (and a half dollar size scab to prove it). We're looking at some innovations to prevent this from happening.

Darren

Impy-rocks
01-30-2003, 02:32 PM
Something kinda like the PJ speed camo stuff.... its not really camo but then again it is.... it is still good for tournaments and all but its a little cheaper and looks good still

i like knee-shin pads and elbow pads that cover the elbow and about half of the forearm.... i like them to be cushioned and i like wearing mine under my pants and jersey...

-later

hitech
01-30-2003, 03:49 PM
I use a pair of the old "volleyball" style knee pads and shin pads. To keep the knee pads from sliding up or down I sewed them to the shin pads. The shin pads have a strap the goes around the bottom of your foot. They can't slide up or down. They could twist, but that hasn't been a problem for me. I wear then under my pants (tiger stripped camo pants!).

joeyjoe367
01-30-2003, 04:08 PM
I use, well *used* Jt E-motions. They slide down when I'm running even when I wear them over my pants. They just don't fit well enough for us small guys.

logamus
01-30-2003, 06:12 PM
wow, i didnt know you guys made paintball stuff. i know you from my hockey days and its cool to see your pb stuff. i really like your nx pro pants. the black/gray work fine for rec ball i think and the ability to carry 2 speed tubes in the pants is awesome. for rec players i think that is a much needed accessory. those packs can get heavy and old lugging them around all day and in a rec game 500 rounds in one game is more than plenty. the price is about the same as everyone elses high end pant (still higher than i want to spend atm) but i like the pant.

as far as the problems smaller guys and anyone who sweats have with pads. what i suggest is getting some clear strechy hockey tape and use that on your pads. the tape works just fine for hockey and paintball. it is lame that you have to tape pads on that "should" stay on already but that might be a fix to your problems.

ps, your site is really great!

WARPED1
01-30-2003, 06:14 PM
For the scenario player,a tacticle harness?Not like the redz type,but a 'vest' that holds a bunch of pods and a remote tank.