PDA

View Full Version : no-rise or ULE?

TheJester
01-30-2003, 04:17 PM
i want to upgrade my minimag body, and given that i stay away from a warp, should i get the no-rise and like a J&J edge kit for a barrel, or should i go w/ a ULE body and a scepter barrel system?

cdawg
01-30-2003, 04:53 PM
I am interested in this topic as well.

I know that the ULE takes automag threads. But is the feed neck no-rise as well? What are some other advantages/disadvantages?

BajaBoy
01-30-2003, 05:09 PM
ide take the SS body bc i like the twist lock

joeyjoe367
01-30-2003, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by cdawg

I know that the ULE takes automag threads.

'cocker threads, bro

cdawg
01-30-2003, 05:12 PM
hah yeah typo my bad

darklord
01-30-2003, 05:16 PM
I'd have to go with the ULE since it's lighter, and has a ball detent instead of a nubbin. Although personally I like the twist-lock better than threaded barrels, I'd take the ULE since it's more customizable and is lighter than the SS no-rise.

TheTramp
01-30-2003, 05:16 PM
If you don't care about cash I'd get the ULE. Personaly, Cash is important to me so I'd get the no-rise as I don't see any need to spend the extra $ for a small reduction in weight and cocker threads.

cdawg
01-30-2003, 05:18 PM
How much is the ULE/where can you buy it? Also, where/how much can you buy strictly a micromag body?

darklord
01-30-2003, 05:35 PM
How much is the ULE/where can you buy it? Also, where/how much can you buy strictly a micromag body? No price on the ULE body yet, Tom released some concept pics a week or so ago, and since then there has been no word on the price... they're supposed to be released real soon though. As for the micromag body, try the classifieds....Tunaman can probably hook you up.

cdawg
01-30-2003, 05:49 PM
Haha that's sorta ironic. I just bought a tunaXmag from tunaman w/ no-rise body (literally he shipped it today), and I just recently heard about ULE. AAHHHhhh. I guess the no-rise is better than micromag though. And I do like the turn-lock barrel better, but perhaps lightness of the ULE would be nice. Is the ULE no-rise or low-rise? I couldn't tell from the pics...

darklord
01-30-2003, 05:57 PM
Haha that's sorta ironic. I just bought a tunaXmag from tunaman w/ no-rise body (literally he shipped it today), and I just recently heard about ULE. AAHHHhhh. I guess the no-rise is better than micromag though. And I do like the turn-lock barrel better, but perhaps lightness of the ULE would be nice. Is the ULE no-rise or low-rise? I couldn't tell from the pics... I think it's pretty much impossible to have a no-rise feed neck on a ULE... since the necks are interchangeable... the neck that comes stock with the body is a low rise, I'd say. If you got the no-rise you might as well keep it, unless you desperately want the lighter weight, cocker threads/ball detent, and threaded feed neck. I have a powerfeed h/l body, and have been wanting centerfeed, so a ULE seems like a good option for me.

TheJester
01-30-2003, 09:01 PM
I don't see why the ULE would be more expensive though, just like the x-valve in reality is cheaper than the retro valve. I also have a powerfeed, and thinking that if the warp isn't for me, then i'm gonna go w/ a center feed, no matter what i'll have to do soemthing barrel wise, i can always modify my current barrel to accept center feed though.

I think that because the feed necks are interchangble, you can make them what ever you want, high rise, low rise, or no rise. even though i agree w/ Darklord, there is no such thing as a true no rise.

Weight isn't an issue for me, every 1 but me seems to hate the weight of my mag, i like the weight of it actually. and well i'm 6 1 way, 1/2 dozen another when it comes to the thread style, threads vs twist lock(kinda why it's so hard to deside) 1 thing that is leaning me towards the ULE is actually the cocker thread, because i would like a barrel system, and i have heard nothing but good things about the powerlyte scepter but they don't make them for mags:(.

although 1 more thing, and this may not be answerable yet, but w/ the norise, there's a clamp on the feed neck to tighten your hopper down on. any word on this for the ULE's? because the necks are interchangable, would i have to use a vertical "elbow" like they have to vert feed spyders? or just hope my hopper is already a tight fit?

Little Matt
01-30-2003, 11:40 PM
ok quick question. What is the ule body? I think I missed the post about it.

Thanks,

TheJester
01-31-2003, 06:38 AM
ULE bodies.....
http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=63659&highlight=ule

Little Matt
01-31-2003, 02:01 PM
So the ule bodies. Are they just going to be slugs with alittle milling in them or are they going to be shaved down versions of slugs with milling in them?

Later,

TheJester
01-31-2003, 03:50 PM
they'll more than likely be thiner, like the normal stainless bodies

felony
01-31-2003, 05:58 PM
does anyone know if the ULE desings will take the the place of the current main body rail? will it me the body and rail in one?

that would be nice..

otherwise i think im gonna get a new normal body for my mag.. i was thinking the SS low rise, but i much rather get that in black. any ideas on that? i havent seen the black low rise.

what at the AGD online store will fit on my standard minimag rail??

thanks
dan

darklord
01-31-2003, 06:18 PM
slug bodies/ule bodies fit all rails except the RT without modification. As for a black no-rise, you could just get it powerdercoated for cheap...

edited so some words would stand out...

felony
01-31-2003, 07:19 PM
I don't think im interested in the low-rise as I dont have a Halo, and ive read that is what its made for.. Also, i may get a warp feed in the future, so dont wanna screw myself by getting a very feed..
so how about this body..

http://store.airgun.com/acb/showdetl.cfm?&DID=17&Product_ID=146&CATID=23

will this fit on my minimag rail?

how about this body..

http://store.airgun.com/acb/showdetl.cfm?&DID=17&Product_ID=110&CATID=23

and i know the standard mag bodies will so i wont even ask..

just lookin for some alternatives to a possibly expensive ULE body..

also, can you by body rails anywhere? something with a different finish?

thanks
dan

TheJester
01-31-2003, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by felony
I don't think im interested in the low-rise as I dont have a Halo, and ive read that is what its made for.. Also, i may get a warp feed in the future, so dont wanna screw myself by getting a very feed..
so how about this body..

http://store.airgun.com/acb/showdetl.cfm?&DID=17&Product_ID=146&CATID=23

will this fit on my minimag rail?

how about this body..

http://store.airgun.com/acb/showdetl.cfm?&DID=17&Product_ID=110&CATID=23

and i know the standard mag bodies will so i wont even ask..

just lookin for some alternatives to a possibly expensive ULE body..

also, can you by body rails anywhere? something with a different finish?

thanks
dan

in temrs of a possibly expensive ULE, i don't think that they will really be any more expensive, as i said in a previous post, kinda like the x-valve is actually cheaper than the retro valve, due to the material.

some 1 else want to correct me if i'm wrong, but i beleive you can go backwards, but not forwards, as in the emag body will fit the minimag rail, but the minimag body won't fit the emag rail...i think, i'm not 100% but i'm pretty sure that emag/rt bodies will fit the minimag rail. look at the slug, that was desinged for the RT Pro, but if you go to the store, it says it will fit all rails except the original RT

but felony, you and i are in the same boat, we both have minimags and i'm pretty sure every body in the AGD store will fit our rails...again, some 1 correct me if i'm wrong