PDA

View Full Version : Roller Trigger in Store!!!!

AGD
01-30-2003, 05:04 PM
AO Speed Freaks,

Get past the looks and get to the firepower. We have 10 roller trigger kits for sale in the store at 25.00 each. These are likely to be the only ones we are going to sell since most people didn't like the looks.

Get 'em now or forever hold your peace....

AGD

Roller Triggers (http://store.airgun.com/acb/showdetl.cfm?&DID=17&Product_ID=373&CATID=5)

confedman75
01-30-2003, 05:12 PM
Tom why are you so anti-"lets make alot so other people can buy them" lol. You make like 5 of one thing then stop. Some people(me) would like to get it for when we get a electronic mag, but don't have the gun yet.

spantol
01-30-2003, 05:19 PM
Tom,

Can you clarify this slightly? Is the entire project dead, or just the drop-in kits? I'm a big fan of the idea, just not this particular execution--and I'm sure I'm not alone. I'd buy a trigger similar to the original prototype in a second.

digitard
01-30-2003, 05:35 PM
I liked the idea ... I think Tom you should make some replacement "blade" style triggers w/ the roller built into it so its "low profile" for use or a 2x trigger with it already built in thats low profile so its not so far out.... Those would sell

Sincerely,
Dave K

Dragoon
01-30-2003, 06:06 PM
Well as long as there is one in stock tomorrow I'm getting one.

I'll let you all know how it goes!

Douglas

FooTemps
01-30-2003, 06:40 PM
I hope you can think of another more likeable way of making a bolt on roller trig.

FutureMagOwner
01-30-2003, 06:48 PM
tom it isnt the looks(however i have some suggestions on improving them) i personally dont want to have to drill and tap holes in it however i will purchase one if i can

Archangel Damien
01-30-2003, 06:50 PM
i`d by one if i had an electro gun

Kevmaster
01-30-2003, 06:58 PM
kevie just bought one:)

And a superknife

magman007
01-30-2003, 07:03 PM
Got one right as i saw the announcement, i dont know if i will actually use it or not, but its nice to have. Im still holding out for the oddessey ones

hitech
01-30-2003, 07:04 PM
Thanks Tom. I ordered mine (two actually). :D

Global Shockwave
01-30-2003, 07:36 PM
Tom, ill order a trigger rolelr right now but i haev a question for u,

1. does it come with instructions for mounting
2. Can i have my trigger and the roller kit sent into AGD to be assembled
3. how do i get hte magnet in after i put the roller in??

AGD
01-30-2003, 08:04 PM
Its unlikely we are going to make the roller internal in the trigger because it means removing the magnet adjustment. Now a bunch of you are going to tell us to make it like the Timmy triggers but most of them have problems in manual mode and they end up back here.

I don't see enough demand for this product and its not at a high enough price point to allow us to re-engineer the whole trigger assembly. So basically what you see is what you get.

No we don't install these things, there are no instructions and the box really sucks. :)

AGD

personman
01-30-2003, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by AGD
No we don't install these things, there are no instructions and the box really sucks. :)
Wow what a great way to advertise these things ;)
I doubt I would use one of these things, besides, people would just point at my gun and laugh.. and I probally wouldnt figure out how to use it, and look like an idiot on the field :p
My shooting style just doesnt match up with this thing..
I pretty much only use my middle finger to fire, or atleast thats how ive been firing my emag (no chance to play yet)

Kevmaster
01-30-2003, 08:12 PM
I cant wait to get it :)

Ill use it with pride

hitech
01-30-2003, 08:16 PM
Originally posted by AGD
...the box really sucks. :)

You mean it comes in a box? I was expecting one of those ziplock plastic bags. ;)

temps
01-30-2003, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by AGD

Tom I think that is the best sales pitch I've ever heard! lol.

And yeah, you can't redesign the trigger frame, just for the trigger, but when the time comes for you to do so (the X2-Mag perhaps) then look into it.

dansim
01-30-2003, 08:26 PM
please please save me one i get paid tommorow!

thecavemankevin
01-30-2003, 08:44 PM
well, i just bought one, so as i count it that is 4 sold as long as everyone that bought one has posted.....so 6 left!

Smitty2k1
01-30-2003, 08:56 PM
Call me stupid, but I still dont understand how thoes work... if its just a rolling thingy on the trigger.

spantol
01-30-2003, 09:08 PM
It occurs to me that you're not likely to see much demand for these until they get out on the fields, but hey, what do I know?

I wonder if, as a group, we might be able to coerce a custom shop into making some of these for us, in the Timmy63 style.

FutureMagOwner
01-30-2003, 09:11 PM
gah there all gone GRRRRRR. tom seriously i recommend doing them in a style similar to trigger pants its not looks and its alot easier to install aswell

Me
01-30-2003, 09:14 PM
would they work on an angel?

AGD
01-30-2003, 09:31 PM
Hummm....that was quicker than I expected.... I'll have to talk to Eric.

AGD

rdb123
01-30-2003, 10:04 PM
The only reason I didn't purchase one was because I don't have the skill to drill those 4 holes in on my current SFL trigger.

Also, I'm thinking a version closer to the photographed prototype would work better since the wheel is built into the trigger. Any chance I could buy that one? ;)

-Ron

banzaimf
01-30-2003, 10:08 PM
They're all gone... phoooey, pink roses, fluffy dresses. One long day when I can't get online and there they go :mad:

Note to mods, is in reference to the Columbian rebel group, I also use liver as an epithet.

AGD edit: You know better dont push me...

Prezents
01-30-2003, 11:32 PM
All you should have to drill is 2 holes all the way through the trigger.

56kSomeGuy
01-31-2003, 07:31 AM
Noooo.. I wanted one but now there all gone:(

RamboPreacher
01-31-2003, 07:48 AM
Originally posted by rdb123
The only reason I didn't purchase one was because I don't have the skill to drill those 4 holes in on my current SFL trigger.

Also, I'm thinking a version closer to the photographed prototype would work better since the wheel is built into the trigger. Any chance I could buy that one? ;)

-Ron I was going to order a couple and hesitated for about two minutes because of this same issue (don't trust me with power tools, and I dont' wanna mess up my triggers) - but I figured I could send them to one of my trusted airsmiths for installation (at whatever they would charge). By the time I opened the store link, they were sold out.

Maybe AGD will have another small batch made? :D

Dragoon
01-31-2003, 08:05 AM
Yup guess I'm left out in the cold too.

I tried to call in my order at 5 pm yesterday, but just missed the order desk closing I guess. Now they are all gone! :(

Douglas

PS AGD if you get some more made I'll put my name on a waiting list if there is one.

SIGSays
01-31-2003, 08:29 AM
think i could get this onto a hyperframe?

shartley
01-31-2003, 08:52 AM
Originally posted by hitech

You mean it comes in a box? I was expecting one of those ziplock plastic bags. ;)
Hey! What’s wrong with little ziplock plastic bags? ;)

I use them for some of my stuff along with a folded card stock top stapled to it. It works very well for us smaller guys with VERY limited budgets. :D My first products that went out didn’t even have that, just bubble wrap around them. ;)

I will however note that my packaging is getting better and better as I go along. I am just starting out. The cost of packaging has to be justified and I can’t lose all my profits because I pay as much for packaging as I sell the product for. DOAH!

In short.. don’t diss the ziplocks! They can be used well and not look ghetto. Many products you get in stores use them. :D

(Disclaimer: I am NOT MAD. This was a “fun” and “light hearted” post.)

Ultimator
01-31-2003, 10:31 AM
I got a roller trigger. It's going on my spare New Designz impulse trigger.

Nya nya nya nya boo boo ;) ;) ;)

thecavemankevin
01-31-2003, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by SIGSays
think i could get this onto a hyperframe?

should work on all electros that have a light or adjustable trigger.....

i will post pics of mine when i finish it. I am going to put it on my hyperframe