PDA

View Full Version : clear breaches for x-mag

SHAZAM-AGD
01-30-2003, 07:21 PM
are clear hard plastic breaches possible for the x-mag?

I know system x makes some see through stuff like bolts would that stuff hold up in an x-mag breach?

Brak
01-30-2003, 07:30 PM
i dont think so because if the bolt would wear it out and the threads would probably mess up, but it would be cool

Cypres0099
01-30-2003, 07:45 PM
I'm not sure but I don't think the bolt hits the breach.

The only thing I would be worried about would be it breaking because of the hopper.

Top Secret
01-30-2003, 07:47 PM
The bolt has to hit the breech because the ball does not fall directly into the barrel like the twist-locks.

NiteWolf1138
01-30-2003, 09:42 PM
I would imagine so, but the materials and processing might make it prohibitive to make a profit on.

NiteWolf1138

(few things are really impossible, we just lack the funding or technology to do lots of the really NEAT things)

rdb123
01-30-2003, 09:59 PM
Well have you seen those Angels with plastic barrels, etc.?

-Ron

Koosh
01-30-2003, 10:08 PM
one of my friends owns a machine shop, and works with plastics alot... I'll run that idea by him next time I see him...

srrdude
01-30-2003, 10:14 PM
i asked someone bout it a few months ago.. brad q.. he says it can be dont but he doesnt work with plastics so i dropped the idea for a while... but system x makes claear angel breeches so it should definately work.

magman007
01-31-2003, 12:04 AM
Ummm the bolt doesnt touch the breach, remember the retaining spacer that the bolt passes through in a regulat mag? well right behind the breach its self, there is a retainer like that on the x-mag, the bolt glides right through and right through the breach, never touching it. also, the breach is not threaded, it just has a recess for the "flute" back part of the cocker barrel, that passes right in and holds it there. i see no reason why it couldnt be done. the olny real service it would have would be the wow lookie neeto feature, but hey, dont we all love that? Il take a clear one for my sfl!

Load SM5
01-31-2003, 12:11 AM
I would just have to worry about the stress on the thing. A bad spill with a heavy HALO could crack the feed neck, or if you cranked the barrel down on the breech that could also cause a bit of stress. The plastic would have to be durable and not brittle. I would be pretty nifty looking but I would'nt trust it not to blow up without some major stress testion.

RamboPreacher
01-31-2003, 07:38 AM
actually, sounds like a kewl idea. The bolt does not touch the breach (just to it), and the barrel holds it in place (through and to the opening). A WF module would be a great option, though I am not sure how the ACE would like it, not being an ACE afficiando. I agree with Load SM5, though about a CF version, I am not sure how strong it would be with a loaded loader.

Temo Vryce
01-31-2003, 11:48 AM
I remember talking to a friend of mine a while back when he worked at a plant that manufactured Engine blocks for Ford. He mentioned that the techies were playing with some plastics. They had one that was stronger than steel and another that could with stand massive ammounts of heat the idea was to combined the two to make a new engine block. Now I don't know how far the idea got but the point I'm trying to make is this. The material exsist to make what you are requesting. The big question is, is it cost effective? AGD can make them but how much are you willing to pay for one? $50 $100 $200 $500? You see my point. The idea is great but if it's not cost effective then it's not going to fly.

DiRTyBuNNy
01-31-2003, 12:19 PM
I think it would be cool if AGD had one for demo purposes..you could actually show level 10 in action...and how it works..not that I don't like the tongue test...

The Frymarker
01-31-2003, 12:36 PM
RP just asked me

So I'll give it a whirl, but remember demo purpose only to see how they work out.

Cypres0099
01-31-2003, 05:04 PM
Heather, I'll have my cnc in a couple weeks so if you want me to be the test dummy again for this breech, let me know.

fearc7
01-31-2003, 05:27 PM
one really good advantage i see with these is that you dont have to ano tha breach. Another pro about that is you dont have to match the color of the ano, or re anno the whole gun. The feed neck could be removable maybe so if it broke you could replace it, or you could just mount a metal one on it. I think this is a pretty good idea and someone should go with it.

Kevmaster
01-31-2003, 05:36 PM
Id buy one :)

The Frymarker
01-31-2003, 05:48 PM
Okay if someone is willing to donate I'll take one and see what I can do with it.

Give me at least to 2 weeks to make a comprable mold.

Cypres0099
01-31-2003, 06:02 PM
I do think that it would be best to start with a warp breach since there is much less stress in them than the centerfeed.

RamboPreacher
01-31-2003, 06:15 PM
pretty sure she is talking about the WF breech. (that's what I requested anyway)

Dragoon
01-31-2003, 06:20 PM
That would be great! A WF clear breach!

I'd donate mine, but I only have a CF. It's the warp that I want.

If you end up making them Frymarker, I'll give it a go (as a paying customer of course).

Douglas

WARPED1
01-31-2003, 06:23 PM
How about a lexan breech?

The Frymarker
02-01-2003, 07:24 AM
Okay guys it's a go! Chris Snakestang said he would donate his wf breech, so as soon as it get's here I'll work on it.

Take care