PDA

View Full Version : paintball online gripe...

Rmarks
01-30-2003, 10:00 PM
Last week I finally decided on a new marker. It was a Shockteck 2k3 Tremor Autococker(sorry AO :), still have the LX mag). There are only two online stores that carry this marker, Shocktech and Paintball-online. I figured I've heard good things about PBO, so I'd give them a shot. This has turned out to probably be my worst mistake in buying paintball gear online.

They had listed my marker as On Hold. I've e-mailed them serveral times on Thursday, Friday and Monday with no answers. Finally on the Tuesday I get an e-mail saying my cocker shipped out the 27th and because of me picking Overnight/Next day shipping option it should be here the 29th. I figured ok I can handle that. The gun still hasn't showed up at my door.

So I shot off another e-mail today telling them the cocker hasn't showed and asked for a tracking number to find out where it was. And amazingly I got a reply:

Hello again. This order did not generate a tracking number. I have a question pending with our warehouse to make sure it did go out. I'll contact you when I know more.

I then looked at my account page on their site to find out they charged me more for shipping between the time I "checked out" and today. The gun total when I ordered it was $752 WITH shipping included, and somehow today it was $764. They didn't notify me they added more to my bill(is that even legal?), which really annoyed me. So, I told him if the gun hasn't been shipped yet I want my order cancelled and want a full refund(no response back yet phone/e-mail). I'm even ready to refuse the package if it even did ship just so these people don't get my money.

They claim my business is important to them but their customer service has been horrible(when I did call there was no answer) and I feel like a thief is trying to pick my pocket. I'm wondering am I the only person that's ever been screwed like this or have there been others?

sorry if my post sounded like a buncha drivel, needed to vent a little.

AlabamaMan
01-30-2003, 10:47 PM
Welcome to the world of paintball-online. The only reason that i still order things from them is the fact that they are in oregon, and that ground shipping only takes a day to get to me. Although everytime i order from them i don't get an e-mail at all which is pretty annoying.

It is a nice suprise when stuff shows up and i didn't even know that is has been shipped.

elpimpo
01-31-2003, 06:18 PM
id prefer going to a local store

Derman2k
01-31-2003, 06:20 PM
Took 2-3 weeks for my warp to get to me from them...

Brak
01-31-2003, 09:14 PM
if you dont like them, dont order from paintballgear.com. i ordered a harness from them (a ronin gear harness) and they "dont know what the deal is with ronin" i ordered it a month ago and still no harness

Rmarks
01-31-2003, 09:19 PM
well I called today asking for a tracking number. When I got the guy on the phone he's like:

"hmm the order didn't generate a tracking number, I'll call ya back."

when He called me back he claimed that They don't carry the gun, and they take the orders and then shocktech actually ships the gun to me. Somehow the gun never left Shocktech's warehouse. I've cancelled my order and now have an order on a Centerfeed E-mag. :)