PDA

View Full Version : Who say's Parakeets are stupid?

The Frymarker
01-31-2003, 09:55 AM
Well, I thought I share this funny moment with you.

I have 2 parakeets one is a blue male very tame and the other is a vicious yellow female.

Well this morning we ran out of birdseed. They both found their way out of the cage flew down stairs and landed on my shoulder. They watched me make grips all morning.

Like "Hey Lady when you gonna feed us?".

I felt like Snow White when all the little birdies landed on her in the forest.

HEHE:D

yeahthatsme
01-31-2003, 10:09 AM
thats cool!

you should make bird feather grips...

The Frymarker
01-31-2003, 01:08 PM
yes they had never done that before....we have cats as well.

But I guess they were feeling rather saucey today.

RetroEclipseMan
01-31-2003, 01:18 PM
Hehe. That's hilarious. It's amazing how smart birds are. My dad has a Yellow-Head Amazon and an African Grey and he has to actually put pad locks on their cages when we leave the house just so they can't get out of their cages.

rhetor22
01-31-2003, 08:57 PM
my cockatiel used to get out of her old cage aaaallll the time.

We were wondering how she opened the door, got out, then shut and locked the door again. :rolleyes: :D

She could actually squeeze thru the bars and get out. So we got her a new, bigger cage.

The Kiwidog, back in her prime, was pretty smart too. She would wait till just the right time, then jump up in the air and catch our bird in mid flight, then spit it out on the ground cuz the feathers tasted like crap. Well she told me they tasted like crap, i've never tried them. It was pretty funny cuz she did it a few times, and the bird would always end up too slobbery to fly straight.

FESTUS33
01-31-2003, 10:32 PM
Used to have a Cockateel,
Who Alway's got the best on
the cat. Never had to close
the cage door,Ex GF got him
and a "FRIEND" she was living
with let him outside "IN WINTER".
Needless to say I was'nt too
happy.

Have a friend who has a Nande'
Conure, This bird is so smart,
He can hold a conversation with
you. He give's spontanious answer's
to question's, and ask's question's
of his own.
VEERRRYY COOL Bird
Rick:eek:

Ultimator
01-31-2003, 11:11 PM
Our family has owned about 4 parakeets over the years and we had a yellow and black one who survived all the 4 years. One day I came home from school and there were pretty yellow feathers all over the stairs. I almost strangled my cat.

Speaking of animal's intelligence, our old cat was so intelligent he figured out that if he stepped on the answerng machine it would make noise and wake my parents up. So everyone morning he would wake my parents up to let him out at 4 a.m. :). On another note ... we have a black cat (Magellan) who weighs 23 pounds (last we checked.) He never meows but it's more like a moooooo.

As you can see I've had a lot of animals in my house and I'm bored :confused: :eek: :p :cool: :D :o :)

FESTUS33
01-31-2003, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by Ultimator
On another note ... we have a black cat (Magellan) who weighs 23 pounds (last we checked.) He never meows but it's more like a moooooo.

Post Pic's in Heather's Kitty Thread:cool:
I Want to See the FAT CAT:D
Rick:eek:

The Frymarker
02-01-2003, 07:29 AM
The longest I have had a parakeet for was 15 years, he whistled Popeye the sailor man.

He was cool.

Ultimator
02-01-2003, 10:03 AM
I'll snap a photo of him but as of now my Floppy drive is Fubar :(

Load SM5
02-01-2003, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by The Frymarker
....the other is a vicious yellow female.

Is'nt this statement redundant? That a female is vicious, is just a given.;)

The Frymarker
02-01-2003, 11:37 AM
Ahh ha funny, not all of us are vicious;)

agdemagman69
02-01-2003, 11:57 AM
I have 4 parakeets and a cockatiel that all live in the same cage. The cockatiel always opens the door and the parakeets always get out, then the cockatiel closes the door again. its really funny to watch

The Frymarker
02-01-2003, 12:15 PM
hehe that is funny, it is probably saying your driving me nuts get out:p

pbzmag
02-01-2003, 05:48 PM
I had a parakeet and a cockatiel and noticed that my parakeet, named vicious, was more aggressive. Every time I let them out to fly around, vicious always chased my cockatiel around the house.

pbzmag