PDA

View Full Version : x valve leak

Walter
01-31-2003, 10:46 AM
To: anyone who can help

I just recieved my x-valve in the mail. I slipped it into my minimag and installed the new sear for the valve. I gassed it up (compressed air of course)and it leaks out the back of the velocity nut hole. I took it apart and fiddled with the oring a little and then oput it back in--no luck - still leaks. So I turned in the velocity nut all the way in, still a leak. So I tried to unscrew the valve again but not I cannot unscrew it because it got screwed in so tight from turning up the velocity nut. Any advice could help. The thing is brand new and I do not want to have to purchase any replacement parts, because, the thing is brand new-it should work!

Walter

yeahthatsme
01-31-2003, 10:57 AM
this needs to be in the tech forum. you will get more help there.

Jonesie
01-31-2003, 11:27 AM
Hey Walt,
Sounds like you have too much pressure going OUT of the reg into the gun. ie You're velocity is too high.

What you need to do is unscrew the velocity adjusting nut a good ways then turn it clockwise to raise the velocity. If it continues to vent, you've gone too far. Do this over a chrono so you get the velocity right.

You always want to start below your desired velocity and work up.

Check out the RT manaul (same valve as X, but stainless) and read the 'Velocity Adjustment' section. It's on page 7 of the Acrobat file, page 5 of the maunal.

http://www.airgun.com/Images/rtmanual.pdf

Good Luck ~ Jonesie