PDA

View Full Version : "Regular" or "Reverse" air input

battlegroup
01-31-2003, 03:40 PM
Since most of us are right handed (sorry lefties) wouldn't it make sense to have the air input on the left side of the gun? I use an Apocalype that lets you choose which side of the reg the output comes from and then the guage goes on the other. Since the bulk of my hand and wrist are on the right side, the hose gets in the way if you have it go to the back or you have this big loop of hose going up by the battery/forgrip that looks aweful. Also for those running a warp you can't see your tank guage if it is on the left side.
If the New X-mag could be made with the air input on the left you could have both guages on the right and be able to see them if you have a warp. It would be more out of the way with less hose making it look and feel better. The warp and loader would cover up the hose and give the Mag a cleaner look.

I'm not saying get rid of the regular input on the right, but shouldn't there be a choice?

Let me know what you think.

TheJester
01-31-2003, 05:43 PM
i actually like the reverse as well, because you don't have to set the gun down to put it back in. i would just hold the trigger frame, and hold the valve forward w/ my thumb while i put the feild strip screw in, w/ my non reverse x-valve, i can't do that anymore

billmi
01-31-2003, 06:30 PM
I've got no clue what that extra drill and tapping would do the the end cost, and a NPT plug probably wouldn't be as pretty in the unused side, but it would be really nice to have the option of switching sides with the hose.

See you on the field,
-Bill Mills

Kevmaster
01-31-2003, 06:38 PM
yep. I dont think thats a realistic option...really

personman
01-31-2003, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by billmi
and a NPT plug probably wouldn't be as pretty in the unused side, but it would be really nice to have the option of switching sides with the hose.
What about a gauge?
For tanks with no output gauges (aka raptors) it would be awesome to have a spot for another gauge..
Now I'm a lefty.
It would have to be both or oldskool.

TransMan
01-31-2003, 07:59 PM
HaHa i laugh at all you losers because i have an Old skool RT and i can put my hose and gauge on whatever side(s) i want to hahahhaha :D

Muzikman
01-31-2003, 09:14 PM
Transman,
Yeah, but you gotta deal with that damn Banjo bolt;)

FESTUS33
02-01-2003, 01:02 AM
Originally posted by TransMan
HaHa i laugh at all you losers because i have an Old skool RT and i can put my hose and gauge on whatever side(s) i want to hahahhaha :D

I don't have my Old School RT anymore, but I got to
Agree with TransMan on this one. Old School RT's
Had a port for everything and everybody, Righty
or Lefty did'nt matter.
Banjo Bolt? in the 5 yr's I had My RT, I Never
replaced an O-Ring on my banjo bolt and I never
had an air leak or any other problem that was
even related to that issue.
Treat you're equipment with respect and it
will return the favor.:p

battlegroup
02-01-2003, 09:36 AM
I'm not talking about a hole on both sides. I mean either one on the left or one on the right straight from the factory! Like the left handed minimag Air valves. They have the air input on the left and the right side is smooth metal, no plug, no hole, no nothing! It's a mirror image of the regular valve.
AGD already makes this type of valve and they are doing it for the X-Valve for those with left handed minimags, but they are rare. I would like one for my X-mag, But I still want it to have X-mag laser engraved on it. I asked AGD if I could get one but The Office said they would have to call me back because they didn't know the answer.

billmi
02-01-2003, 12:48 PM
Wheras... I'm suggesting one on each side. I suspect that the cost of the drill and tap operation (likely 2 drill operations and one tap) and the cost of the plug and installing it (or just including it in the parts kit) may well be less cost/hassle than stocking left and right hand gas feed valves. Since AGD doesn't do their production machining in-house - left/right hand valves would mean ordering a completely new part from a contractor, and with separate parts you don't get the same cost per unit price breaks, because the quantity of each is less.

See you on the field,
-Bill Mills

cheetah256
02-01-2003, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by TransMan

woo!! go RT users!

battlegroup
02-01-2003, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by billmi
Wheras... I'm suggesting one on each side. I suspect that the cost of the drill and tap operation (likely 2 drill operations and one tap) and the cost of the plug and installing it (or just including it in the parts kit) may well be less cost/hassle than stocking left and right hand gas feed valves. Since AGD doesn't do their production machining in-house - left/right hand valves would mean ordering a completely new part from a contractor, and with separate parts you don't get the same cost per unit price breaks, because the quantity of each is less.

See you on the field,
-Bill Mills

But they are already making them "reverse" for the X-valve so left handed Minimag users can upgrade to the X-valve. If they are already made then they could just order more. The only thing that would change is the laser engraving of X-Mag instead of X-Valve on the side.