PDA

View Full Version : JJ Edge Vs. Freak..

felony
01-31-2003, 06:25 PM
Hey guys, I'm lookin into a new barrel system.

I know the JJ Edge with three backs can be had for about $120. Is this a good system?

What about the Freak system. I definatly dont have the money for a full freak set, but I could buy the pieces by themselves and only get one insert for now, and as buy more as I need to.

My real question is what would you suggest? What will be quieter for my mag? What will give better overall performance?

Thanks,
Dan

*ArKfEaR*
01-31-2003, 06:28 PM
Freak nothing else.

New Style SS back, tear drop tip. Your set.

krafty
01-31-2003, 06:39 PM
You can get the 4-back Edge sets now from www.paintball-discounters.com for less than $120. I've got a set for my bushy, and it's a great barrel. I've played with Freaks and they're pretty cool... but I've always been partial to J&J stuff. I also like the solid back, instead of the flimsy insert you get with the freak system.

The Freak WOULD be better if you have different kinds of guns, so you could just buy different backs for each gun.

BajaBoy
01-31-2003, 07:05 PM
i have a new ss freak, i love it but if i had to get a diff barrel all over agian ide take the edge deff.

elpimpo
01-31-2003, 07:08 PM
freak. i just think it outperforms any j&j barrel. but id go with the aa front and ss back

felony
01-31-2003, 07:13 PM
well i could save some money on freak, as i dont want SS back. that doesnt effect shot at all as the inserts is what touches the ball..

blue teardrop and i may be set..

i was gonna get the JJ, but then i was thinking about getting the new mag body. so i would only have to spend another 60 or so for the back part.

any reason to go for teardrop or all american? what is better and why?

any other suggestions..?

keep em coming :]

dan

Kevmag
01-31-2003, 07:26 PM
is the JJ back stainless steel or aluminum???

felony
01-31-2003, 07:31 PM
ive read of people getting alum and SS.. but i am fairly sure the alum is the one for 120 @ paintball-discounters.com

dan

krafty
01-31-2003, 09:04 PM
Originally posted by Kevmag
is the JJ back stainless steel or aluminum???

J&J backs are aluminum. Polished and now black is available.

rikkter
02-01-2003, 12:12 AM
JJ stoped producing the polished aluminum backs, so. i dont know how many are left.
i just purchased a edge kit, and orderd a chrome tip for it, so. i'll let you guys how it turns out (haven't gotten it yet)

Riotz
02-01-2003, 02:48 AM
Scepter!!

felony
02-01-2003, 11:27 AM
smooth idea..

last time i checked, sceptor was 190$ and didnt have the twist lock.

good call

dan

Riotz
02-02-2003, 12:04 AM
Well, I know they are making some scepters for the mags very soon. And Tunaman and PBX are going to have them. I would just wait and save up for them. I know I am. It is the best system out there.

elpimpo
02-02-2003, 12:36 AM
i still say freak

darklord
02-02-2003, 01:31 AM
Freak. Easy to change guns (no need to buy a whole new set of backs), simple, cheap, high quality. Enough said.

Shane-O-Mac
02-02-2003, 03:05 AM
J&J edge kit.
if you need another set for another gun, you can buy 2 sets, and still be about the same cost as a full freak set with SS back. also, J&J edges can be oredered with ceramic coating which, has the best shoot out cleaning abililty that i have ever seen. i have used several of their ceramic barrels and 2-pieces for over 2 years now and have not had a single problem, other than teammates trying to steal my tips! oh and J&J makes a "rain" tip for their 2 pieces, a non ported tip that will work on edges or their full-tilt sets. no more tape or plastic tubes!
Shane-O

rikkter
02-02-2003, 10:55 AM
dark. instead of the features. why dont you talk about its performance compared to other kits.
jjedge backs = more than 4 inchs
freak inserts = 4 inchs

more ball to bore match, better effciency.
oh. and to mention the materil its made out of(freaK) which is easy to bend and scratch.

scepter inserts = 6inchs i believe

now the question is
if you had to choose for a insert barrel system. it'd be freak vs scepter., but the scepter beats the freak so

then again this is my opinion

felony
02-02-2003, 02:40 PM
well

i know the sceptor is nice, but that is too much for me..

thanks
dan

rikkter
02-02-2003, 04:31 PM
yes i agree with you. thats why i went with the edge.
but hell. if your doing edge vs FREAK. but freak price = scepter price. it'd rather be

edge vs scepter.
but then the price comes in
2 edge kits = scepter price

uh, yeah dig? lol