PDA

View Full Version : How to Identify RT or RT Classic?

Firehose
01-31-2003, 11:48 PM
I have just purchased my first Automag and know absoultly nothing about Automags. It has RT on the front gas through grip and RT01341 and RT on the valve. The marker is a power feed model with a AGD poly grip froame with single trigger. Any advice such as needed modifications and upgrades would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Firehose

Dayspring
02-01-2003, 01:11 AM
Not much to do to the gun really. Motor hopper & Warp Feed, I think an Intelliframe double trigger will work. Problem with your body/valve/rail is that it doesn't really fit the rest of the Mag stuff w/o modification.

And this is a straight RT. RT Pro is different. Has the air going into the valve itself, not into the rail, like yours does.

Firehose
02-01-2003, 08:53 AM
Thanks Dayspring!
I appreciate the response!

Firehose

BTW, will lvl 10 mod fit a straight RT?

cheetah256
02-01-2003, 11:40 AM
yes. you're going to have problems finding a new body if you want one. AGD doesn't seem to make too many for classic RT's, and if you decide to get a new grip, make sure you specify its "RT". the main difference is in the field strip pin. the RT uses a banjo bolt, while the newer ReTro valve uses the same screw as the classic valve. so basically, your body and grip frame have a bigger hole drilled into them to accomodate the banjo bolt.

Kevmaster
02-01-2003, 05:53 PM
The Level 10 mod will fit yoru marker and it will ROCK! Its well worth the $85!!

Schnitzel
02-01-2003, 08:51 PM
i dont mean to turn this into a sales pitch, but i've been dying to get rid of a brand new LX kit for awhile. i'll gladly sell it for $60-65.

Brak
02-01-2003, 10:49 PM
i have one too, and its very nice. just make sure you have an output guage on your nitro tank if its not preset, or youll be guessing the pressure (its fun to mess with the RT's trigger reactivity)

Firehose
02-02-2003, 04:00 PM
Thanx for the responses,

What is the LX kit and what are the advantages?

The marker has an Air America Appocolypse 68/4500 with stainless steel adj reg (heavy) what out put pressure range do I need and what do I need to do to correct shootdown?

Dayspring
02-02-2003, 04:34 PM
LX is the Level 10 anti chop system. It's also one of the more talked about modifications of the year for AGD. You have to click past a HUGE graphic of it on the front page to get to the forums.

As for shootdown- you don't have ANY on the Retro Valve. EVER. Just keep the pressure around 750-800 and you're golden.