PDA

View Full Version : Just bought A New Mag and Im having problems!

Hafter
02-01-2003, 01:40 PM
I just got a Booyah retro mag and heres the deal:

I charged it for about a 1/2 hr or so, gased up the gun, it fired about 4 times then stopped, all I hear is the clicking of the booyah trigger.

I tried putting the retro valve onto another mag and air leaked down the barrel. (Is there anything you have to do to properly install the retro onto another gun?)

Since I might want to ditch the booyah and get an intelli frame I was wondering about the sear. The seller included the sear, but how do I know if its broken or not. I was told the sear breaks after installing a booyah.

Is the on/off on the retro suppose to push in. I noticed on the classic valve, the on/off pushes in, then pops up. However the on/off on the retro that I got doesnt move at all. The on/off bottom that was installed was the circular one, but the square one was included. Which should I use?

Right now, I dont even know if the retro valve is working.

The seller said the retro was still under warrenty, will AGD help me fix my retro without charging me?

Hafter
02-01-2003, 05:22 PM
I know I asked alot of questions at once but if you could just pick one out and help me out....plz....:(

Hafter
02-01-2003, 06:07 PM
up

athomas
02-03-2003, 11:31 AM
The clicking usually means you don't have enough battery power for the solenoid to pull the sear.

The Boo-yah grip requires a different on/off than comes with the retro valve. If your valve came with the square on/off bottom, then use that one when/if you switch to an intelliframe. The pin length may be differnt as well. I would suggest checking it.

Air leaking down the barrel usually indicates that the power tube spacer is too long. Use a shorter one. This is usually because of different tolerences between different markers. His sear may be worn a bit or his grip frame may be aftermarket. Putting in a shorter power tube spacer should fix this. Also, make sure the trigger is held while gassing up a retro valve. Then release the trigger. It helps to seat the o-rings.

You can check the sear for wear on the surface that holds back the bolt. If the tip is worn or if the surface holding the bolt shows abnormal wear, replace it.

SaS
02-04-2003, 01:35 PM
if i remember corredctly... with both the hyperframe and boo-yeah frames... your supposed to remove the pin from the sear, not unscrew but use niddle nose plyers to remove all of the screw pin thing

If you still have this piece... do your best to reinstall it, make sure that it still swings easily... if you don't have it or it's too damaged to work right, you'll want to get a new sear

help me out guys, am i remembering this correctly?

Hafter
02-06-2003, 12:43 AM
thx for the help guys