PDA

View Full Version : Micromag questions

CMDane
02-01-2003, 06:16 PM
Just got a used MicroMag w/ ReTro valve and I've got a couple of questions about it.

1. Who do I actually go for parts and support? The sear retention screw has been sheared and the sear will probably fall out during play.

2. The ball detent appears to be a press fit pin. Is that the case? (If so, I would assume that it takes a hammer and drift pin/punch to get it out).

3. Do I need a power tube spacer kit, or is that for a different vavle?

4. The feed plug has a rounded edge to it. Would a powerfeed plug fit?

That's all I can think of now. I'm sure I'll have more questions later.

Thanks in advance for any replies.
Charles

sneakyhacker420
02-02-2003, 01:51 PM
Who do I actually go for parts and support? The sear retention screw has been sheared and the sear will probably fall out during play.

www.proteamdirect.com , they are the makers of the micromag, AGD only makes the valve in it

The ball detent appears to be a press fit pin. Is that the case? (If so, I would assume that it takes a hammer and drift pin/punch to get it out).

yes, it is PTP's new double-detent, it is made to be a push-fit, so that they can be replaced if they ever wear out

Do I need a power tube spacer kit, or is that for a different vavle?

yes, the kits work with the ReTro valve, but you do not need a kit unless you are having bolt stick or leakage problems... i would just suggest a level 10 which has special carriers (spacers) to make it work properly... it also eliminates almost all chops

The feed plug has a rounded edge to it. Would a powerfeed plug fit?

yes it would fit, but you wont need it, they are the same thing... check the tech forum to make sure that its an AGD parabolic powerfeed plug

i hope that answers all of your questions, if not, post in this thread, or catch me on AIM: CrApMaSk420