PDA

View Full Version : Egg Or Halo

Swanky_Sam
02-01-2003, 11:32 PM
I cant decide weather i should get the evolution 2 or the halo b. Please tell me what you would choose and why.

I was thinking of gettiong the halo but 6 AA bateries is a whole lot of money and weight.

The egg seems good but i play games that have mostly gun hit count and It seems like the feed neck is really long and would be hard to tuck in.

Thanks
Travis

Crazy
02-01-2003, 11:40 PM
Originally posted by Swanky_Sam

The egg seems good but i play games that have mostly gun hit count and It seems like the feed neck is really long and would be hard to tuck in.

so cut down the feedneck, works great.

SpongeBobSquarePants
02-01-2003, 11:42 PM
There have been a few problems with halos chopping. I like the eggo 2 as soon as I have enough money I'm buying one.

Kevmaster
02-02-2003, 12:38 AM
putting the feednecks(uncut on the Eggo) on a table, the eggo stands 1/2" taller than the HALO...thats all its also ~3" wider and 3" shorter.

they both feed around the same speed for all practicallity

the Eggo weighs 1/2 lbs(8oz) less than the HALO

the Eggo costs $80 and the HALO B costs $120

take your pick

-Carnifex-
02-02-2003, 12:45 AM
I've got an evvy 2, it's nice, get one.

elpimpo
02-02-2003, 12:59 AM
12 volt. just had to say it because all the other loaders are pug fugly

darklord
02-02-2003, 01:02 AM
I'm more partial to the HALO if money is no object. Otherwise I'd go with EggII. I'm in your position, lookin for a new loader, and it's a hard choice. I'd rather have the high feed rate of the HALO and buy a battery pack in place of the 6 AA's. Plus if that new impeller or drive cone that's coming out for the B's is what I think it is, say goodbye to HALO problems.

FESTUS33
02-02-2003, 01:11 AM
Originally posted by SpongeBobSquarePants
There have been a few problems with halos chopping. I like the eggo 2 as soon as I have enough money I'm buying one.

I've been using Halo {A then upgraded to B}
since 3 month's prior to IAO 2k2.
Have NEVER! had a single chopping problem!!
Granted It's Heavier, but the problem's
I experienced with my 2 Eggo I's, caused me to
not even look at the Eggo II seriously{snapped
feed neck's Really Suck, especially in a tourney
situation.} I'll admit I'm Biased But BE has
Fully Earned My Disrespect.
Just My .02
Rick :eek:

magmonkey
02-02-2003, 12:13 PM
most of the guys on my team swear by the halos, there is one player left that has a revy and he is waiting to get the money to upgrade.
I had an A that I have since upgraded to a B it has never let me down no choping and never a missed ball..... the only two things that I can say that I don't really care for about it is the way the eyes are connected to the feed neck (somone said that they were trying to come up with a more permanent way to hold them in place)and that it is kind of a pain to disasemble if the occasion ever arose.

gliney the mag monkey

Mass Destruction
Destructive Customs

BajaBoy
02-02-2003, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by SpongeBobSquarePants

ive never heard of them causen broken paint:o

manike
02-02-2003, 12:40 PM
Halo :)

magking1971
02-02-2003, 12:45 PM
Why I have a HALO and not a egg? That is easy,customer service!!!
When I called the fine folks at Odyssey they were more then happy to help me and I am more then willing to do busness with them again.
BE? haha, I got a revvy that was new and the motor was shot right out of the package, called them up and in a round-about way they said "not our problem" THANKS BE!!
The choice is yours on what you get.

PolishSausage
02-02-2003, 03:12 PM
I'm not a big fan of BE, but in their defence, when my Revvy's lid came off, feed neck snapped, and battery case cracked(all in the same day, my 2nd time using it) I called them immediately and they had me ship it out.

I payed for shipping there, that was it.

However it did take them 4 weeks to get a new one back to me...

1stdeadeye
02-02-2003, 03:30 PM
I choose the Eggo over the Halo for 2 main reasons:
Weight!
and
Price!

I got my Eggo for $64.95 at NPS. I couldn't justify paying almost 2x that for a 2 or 3 BPS difference. My X-Mag has not outrun my Eggo and that is using it straight up (no Warp).

RRfireblade
02-02-2003, 04:04 PM
I really like my egg.I was pretty suprised actually.I got it at Firstcall for $59.99,heck that's only
10 more than an x-revy!I figured it make a good back up to my Halo.Turns out it's way lighter,plenty fast,and I like the rearward design.You can really tuck in tight to a bunker with it sitting back on the gun.I use it more now than the Halo.The Halo does work fine,but on some guns with weak detents it will double feed.

Jay.