PDA

View Full Version : Heavy Snow!!!!!

shartley
02-02-2003, 12:32 PM
MAN! We got hit with a nice snowstorm, and it is all wet and sticky snow. That stuff is HEAVY!

I am thankful that someone invented the snow blower. Even using that, I am only about halfway though clearing out my driveway and I have been working on it for quite some time. Breaks are good too, and I am hungry!!! HeeHee

So, Kim is making me some pasta and tomato sauce… it is not tomato-sauce, but a sauce made of cooked tomatoes, onions, mushrooms, and some other goodies. It is sort of like an Italian “salsa” sauce… LOL It is wonderful with egg noodles and is very light. Mmmmmm

I bet if Jessica didn’t have her arm in a sling, the kids would be out having one heck of a snowball fight! :D

irbodden
02-02-2003, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by shartley
I bet if Jessica didn’t have her arm in a sling, the kids would be out having one heck of a snowball fight! :D

Didn't she break her collar bone? I am assuming she also has a figure-8 on? How long ago did this happen? I remember I only wore an arm sling for a few days after I broke my collar bone. :)

shartley
02-02-2003, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by irbodden
Didn't she break her collar bone? I am assuming she also has a figure-8 on? How long ago did this happen? I remember I only wore an arm sling for a few days after I broke my collar bone. :)
Yes she broke her collar bone… clean through. However, it did not become unattached or overlap. The Doctors thought that since it was so clean and in the right “position” that she didn’t need a figure-8 but only a sling as long as she was careful.

It happened this past week and she has been home since then, but will be going back to school on Monday. WooHoo! ;) The Doctor wants her to wear the sling 2 to 3 months, but gives 6 to 8 months for total healing time. Those sound like long numbers, but I am not a Doctor. ;) Jay was only in his cast from breaking his arm for 6 weeks total and then was actively using his arm soon after that.

Update on food….. Kim cooked Angel Hair pasta to go with it this time and not egg noodles. Still yummy!

-Jôker-
02-02-2003, 01:05 PM
man somones in a good mood! i personaly hate cold weather unless it snows... but its been really pretty down it got up to 70 yesterday and i think its going to get up that high again today:D

shartley
02-02-2003, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by -Jôker-
man somones in a good mood! i personaly hate cold weather unless it snows... but its been really pretty down it got up to 70 yesterday and i think its going to get up that high again today:D
Good mood because of LUNCH, not the SNOW. :D

I HATE this crap. Snow is only good to make sure you don't have a dry summer, snowmobiling, and skiing...... that is IT. LOL And I am not doing any of that right now.

Lunch was good though. :D Now back out to do more snow removal.

magking1971
02-02-2003, 01:24 PM
DANG YOU SHARTLEY!!!:P
I just got a snowmobile week and a half ago and has not been under 40 and all rain sense then :( :(

irbodden
02-02-2003, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by magking1971
DANG YOU SHARTLEY!!!:P
I just got a snowmobile week and a half ago and has not been under 40 and all rain sense then :( :(

Get a trailer ;)

Don't wait for snow to come to you... :D

magking1971
02-02-2003, 01:37 PM
The ski hill/snomobile park is only 30 min away but I just sold my truck to get a new one:)

irbodden
02-02-2003, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by magking1971
The ski hill/snomobile park is only 30 min away but I just sold my truck to get a new one:)

LOL, so now you can't get there. :)

I drive 2 hours to get to some killer ridding, hundreds and hundreds of miles of groomed trials connecting a bunch of towns.

Snowmobiling is so fun :)

bornl33t
02-02-2003, 03:45 PM
snow isn't half bad with 4 wheel drive. Vote me for president and I'll donate one 4 wheel drive to every family

fine print: Only applicable where snow actually falls.

darklord
02-02-2003, 04:15 PM
Got a lot of snow here too... was quite surprised to wake up to see snow falling, let alone the accumulation on the driveway/roads. Supposed to rain tuesday and get warmer... which'll probably mean flooding.

TigerMan
02-02-2003, 04:20 PM
Heh total opposite here. It was the first nice day we have had in about 3 weeks. It was up to a little over 60. Oh but I was doing the same thing, working, but instead it was trimming the bushes in the yard and raking, ehh. :rolleyes: I didn't get any lunch though, heh, but instead a nice bowl of Honeycombs. Mmm! :p

j.t.
02-03-2003, 08:51 PM
Wow, i wish it would hit in the 60's up here. It hit almost 35 today, and it was kinda sunny.I thought the it felt pretty nice out..... well compared to the last few weeks anyways. :D