PDA

View Full Version : Should I get an X-Mag?

rdb123
02-02-2003, 05:26 PM
Hey, I'm wondering if I should buy an X-Mag even though I already have my SFL....

If you don't think I should, then suggest another high-end gun I should buy. =)

Keep in mind that I'm pretty much set with all the other gun accessories... I'm about to get a 68/4500 flatline, I have 3 boomsticks, 2 HALO Bs. The only thing I guess I need now is a new jersey and slide pants. The pants I'm having a hard time making a decision on since I guess I need something nearly as durable as the blue jeans I normally play in since I usually take hard slides. =)

Thanks for looking and helping me with my decision.

-Ron

yeahthatsme
02-02-2003, 05:47 PM
get an xmag and some redz pants...

darklord
02-02-2003, 05:47 PM
Why would you want a second marker? Why? Especially if you have an SFL! Save your $ for paint and field fees instead of blowing it on another paint chucker. There's always something new to buy... just not a new marker. Plus if I were you I'd get something along the lines of a GZ Timmy instead of an x-mag.

rdb123
02-02-2003, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by darklord
Why would you want a second marker? Why? Especially if you have an SFL! Save your $ for paint and field fees instead of blowing it on another paint chucker. There's always something new to buy... just not a new marker. Plus if I were you I'd get something along the lines of a GZ Timmy instead of an x-mag.

My parents help me out with paint... I've got my field membership and my parents pay half of it. I only spend maybe 1200 rounds on a 5 hour recball day. So if I get a case every 2 weekends, I only really pay 35 per case, then divide that between 2 weeks and that's really only 17.50 I pay per week for my paint.

Yes, I do have a job. =)

And why a GZ though?

Thanks

-Ron

rdb123
02-02-2003, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by yeahthatsme
get an xmag and some redz pants...

They are really that durable? Because over the course of 4 weekends, I tear holes in both knees on my jeans on average.

Thanks

-Ron

darklord
02-02-2003, 05:54 PM
Why a GZ? The real question is, why not a GZ? :D I dunno, it's all preference, if I got a backup for my e-mag it definitely wouldn't be another mag... my 1st pick would probably be either a dragon timmy or a GZ.

yeahthatsme
02-02-2003, 06:13 PM
i have the feeling that my redz are bullet proof....

seriously there is a thick layer of ballistic nylon from about 4 inches above the knee down and it comes with a free squeege!

RamboPreacher
02-02-2003, 06:55 PM
I voted no, but not becuase you already have a sfl. I say no becuase you have to ask and if you can't decide on your own, you either jsut can't decide for some reason, or you can't "really" afford it. eithere way, if you are wishy-washy about the choice, you will probably regret it later. - just my opinion.

SpongeBobSquarePants
02-02-2003, 07:02 PM
DONT BUY RAVEN PANTS THEY ARE NOT DURABLE AT ALL. And thats comeing from someone who is sponsored by them.

But anyway back to your marker question

If you are gonna waste that much money on a Xmag and have a SFL then buy a IR3 rather then a X hella lote prettier:D

DeathscytheSK
02-03-2003, 12:25 AM
I would say to get a different gun, the Xmag is so close to the same as a sfl that it would be a waste of cash, I think that a GZ Timmy would be cool gun to get