PDA

View Full Version : FREAK VS DYE (oh my!)

magsRus
02-02-2003, 09:00 PM
Ok so I have a freak kit for my IR3 and my accuracy isnt the best and I've been told by three different people that freaks dont go well with angels and i'd get more accuracy with a boomer...So the question is ....

Should I drop my FREAK for the Boomer

Hoodlum
02-02-2003, 09:12 PM
send me the freak and get a boomer

elpimpo
02-02-2003, 10:59 PM
no way. boom sticks are over priced and the freak is perfect on an angel. plus you woulnt get the paint to barrel match that you would with the freak

TAG
02-02-2003, 11:19 PM
guys...this isnt an angel issues but a barrel issue....its gotta go in the proper forum :)

JanStah
02-03-2003, 06:57 AM
I have an angel and also an AA freak.

I find that they go perfectly together; I've had no problems with range, accuracy or ball breaking. In fact, I've had team mates envy me because my gun never breaks balls in the barrel.

I like my freak.

Jan

RamboPreacher
02-03-2003, 09:04 AM
Originally posted by elpimpo
no way. boom sticks are over priced [clip]yea, but with the boomstick you get to "say the words" when you pull it out of your gear bag! - "See this, this.... is my BOOMstick..."

riooso
02-03-2003, 09:54 AM
It depends on the type of ball you play. The Feak is a good barrel if you don't need the added accuracy that you get from a stainless barrel. I like the JT
barrel because you can get a couple of different stainless backs. I don't like aluminum because of the added friction that is inherant in the material.
You can "squeeze" a ball a little with a stainless barrel and shooting out a wet ball is easier. I am not trying to start a war here but many people, including myself, have tried the Freak barrels and have come to the same conclusion. Don't get me wrong with the Freak you never have a bad day with barrel paint match, but when you want "darts" stainless is the way to go.

R

Phil
02-03-2003, 10:30 AM
My stock emag barrel shoots darts. My freak shoots darts. My stock barrel on my impulse sucks. As long as it is reasonably smooth aluminum is very accurate.

thei3ug
02-03-2003, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by RamboPreacher
yea, but with the boomstick you get to "say the words" when you pull it out of your gear bag! - "See this, this.... is my BOOMstick..."

You forgot the "primitive screwheads" bit... hehe.

Aiki
02-03-2003, 01:05 PM
I found that the Dye is a very heavy barrel. It also did not handle the cold weather as well as the freak.

magsRus
02-03-2003, 07:02 PM
I'm keeping my freak

xmetal2001
02-03-2003, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by Phil
My stock emag barrel shoots darts. My freak shoots darts. My stock barrel on my impulse sucks. As long as it is reasonably smooth aluminum is very accurate.

Bingo (and also a good paint-barrel fit)