PDA

View Full Version : Impulse Vs Minimag RT

Klay01
02-02-2003, 10:10 PM
whats the good and bad sides of each gun, post ur thoughts. thanks

elpimpo
02-02-2003, 11:15 PM
its absicly electro vs. manual. the rt will shoot fast but the impy is more accurate. i personally like the feel of the impy bettr

yeahthatsme
02-03-2003, 07:34 AM
its absicly electro vs. manual. the rt will shoot fast but the impy is more accurate. i personally like the feel of the impy bettr

how is the impy more accurate? and the impy is fast too...

they both have their ups and downs, mags dont do well with co2 but impy's thrive on it. so if you dont have access to compressed air or dont have a compressed air tank i would say an impy.

spazzed
02-03-2003, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by elpimpo

More accurate? Heh. Just goes to show how little you know... Do some searches and find out what accuracy is really about.

elpimpo
02-03-2003, 04:26 PM
all im saying is ive seen them both in action and i think the impy is more accurate

MaChu
02-03-2003, 04:31 PM
And you could take into account that some Impulses have less kick which could account for improved accuracy:confused: Oh and Im new here and would like to say "Hi".

EsPo
02-03-2003, 04:33 PM
with a 24 dollar upgrade on an impulse (blade trigger), it will have a pull of 1mm or less with the right adjustment.

Duelist
02-03-2003, 04:34 PM
I own both and even though I will still have my Mag long after my Imp is gone I have to say two things. First the Imp is way faster. The second is I get slightly better range with the Imp. That said my Imp set up the way it is was about $1100 while the Mag was about $650. So value to cost is definatly debatible.

FalconGuy016
02-03-2003, 05:08 PM
Hi MaChu

BajaBoy
02-03-2003, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by Duelist
I own both and even though I will still have my Mag long after my Imp is gone I have to say two things. First the Imp is way faster. The second is I get slightly better range with the Imp. That said my Imp set up the way it is was about $1100 while the Mag was about $650. So value to cost is definatly debatible.

heh you must not have your rt tiptop;)

what kind of impy is it?

ringmasta187
02-03-2003, 08:47 PM
my rt can out shoot any imp, its all about the time and effort u put into your gun to make it better. But if u like a small light gun go with the mag. Imps are light but not as light and they are tall, and i find the trigger frames and triggers themselves are kinda big and bulky. As for range and accuracy its pretty much all opinion, but imps are very consistant and u cant short stoke em cuz they r electro if those things even matter to u.

Duelist
02-03-2003, 09:48 PM
Ringmasta your RT can out shoot any Imp huh. Well ok if you say so.
Bajaboy I have a 2002 Vision Imp with a ND bolt, ND brass hammer, Slickshot, 15* asa, twist neck low rise, ND blade trigger, Jackhammer II, full Freak and Halo B. But I still use my Mag about half the time. I just cant help myself.

MB76
02-04-2003, 01:39 AM
How fast is your RT in terms of balls per second? Realistically, I know the valve is capable of like 26 BPS or something without shootdown. I've seen the videos, I know it's sweet. But what is the fastest that you can pull the trigger. I'm interested being that I'm switching from an impulse which I've been a devoted fan of for a few years now and going to a mag. With my imp I could put out short strings at 17+ BPS and shoot consistently at 14-15. Is the RT difficult to attain that kind of speed with? Any info would be appreciated, thanks.

Cryer
02-04-2003, 02:25 AM
http://www.odysseypaintball.com/halovideos.html

This link provides you with several videos of an emag (Same valve as the RT and RTPro Mags) Shooting consistantly from 15bps up to 20BPS! There is also an audio file of an Emag and an Angel at 20bps and 13bps respectively.

And Welcome, Klay01 MaChu and MB76, to AO!

MB76
02-04-2003, 03:36 PM
Ahh, but I wasn't asking about the emag ;). He said his RT can outshoot any imp. I'm not skeptical, well maybe a little, I'm actually hopeful. If his RT can out shoot any imp then that would be a good route for me to look into. I'm just curious if his comment is true.

paint magnet
02-04-2003, 04:23 PM
It is an Electro vs. Manual debate

Electro is cool, but RT is cooler :D
Anyway with my untrained finger I can rip out 14 bps on a Emag in manual mode, so you should easily be able to keep up with the Impulse. Also my mag shoots nearly as accurate as my stroker, and I'll bet money against anyone who thinks their Impulse is more accurate than a stroker.

Duelist
02-04-2003, 04:49 PM
I said it already and I will say it again, no way a properly set up RT out shoots a properly set up Imp, or any high end electro for that matter. Your right it is a electro vs manual debate and the manual guns, especially the ones with a RT valve have a lot going for them. But a higher rate of fire just is not one of them. Please keep in mind all my statments are based on on a properly set up RT valve not one that goes run-away, or a gun like the Tippmann Rt.

ringmasta187
02-04-2003, 05:23 PM
sorry to disappoint u non mag believers but my old school rt with 900psi into it can put out a steady stream of 17+ bps. The sweet spot is a sweet thing and i havnt found an impulse that can keep up with it, plus u cant always be in the position to walk an electro or get a nice speed of 14+ a second for even a short period of time in an acctual game. But i can hit that sweet spot in any position during any time of the game and hold it in as long as i have balls in my halo. Its a legal full auto gun, which is one of the reasons i havent got rid of it yet, even though its 4 years old. Thats another thing, mags will last forever. And now with the level 10 chopping is a thing of the past, no need for an antichop eye that usually limits your fire rates. So unless u spend mad cash on an upgraded board i can out shoot your imp . But then again i can send it to butters and have it do 25 a second, and i know that cant be beat lol.

paint magnet
02-04-2003, 06:22 PM
Technically then, this is not a question of how fast the gun shoots, (becuase the RT would shoot faster) but how easily the user can attain that rate of fire. In that case it would depend on the user. I've seen some people that can't even shoot 4 bps on my Angel (I can only hit 13) and then shoot 8 with a rental gun. Either way, once you get the Imp or the RT and train your finger you will be able to shoot more than fast enough with either one.

Duelist
02-04-2003, 10:25 PM
"So unless u spend mad cash on an upgraded board i can out shoot your imp ." A criket board Impulse on Vision mode(wich is what my Imp is) can shoot 20 a second. You stated you can shoot 17 a second on your RT so you can not out shoot my Imp, and I do not have an upgraded board. If in fact you can shoot 17 a second at will you can out shoot me though.

Duelist
02-04-2003, 10:29 PM
Ringmasta just curios how do you know you are shooting at 17 a second while you are on the field? You carry a crono out there with you?:) I dont know how fast I am shooting but I really dont think I am hitting 17 a second. All I know is I was out shooting my Revy with X board and hed to but a Halo B.

MB76
02-04-2003, 10:45 PM
See, here's the thing...I've seen an impulse pinned at 22 bps, over a chrono which doesn't lie. If you really can get 17 bps out of an RT I would really love to know how you have it setup. Because I would definitely look into getting myself a mag setup like that. I know the RT is capable of 22+, I just can't imagine somebody being able to make a non-electro shoot that fast. It's not that I don't believe in the mag, one of my best friends shoots a Z-mag with a warp on it and I love that thing. It's like the size of my forearm, it's consistent, decent rate of fire and for that rare woodsball game I find myself in it's quiet as hell. Just trying to learn here for the most part, I'll most likely end up going on the waiting list for an X-mag, but just educating myself in the meantime = ).

ringmasta187
02-05-2003, 08:44 PM
Id say the X-mag would be your best choice, if u dont mind waiting. As for my mag set up, its just an original RT valve with a 900psi input. I just hold my finger in a certain spot and let the gun do the rest of the work (it acctually shot faster with out the lvl 10 in it). I could do all kinds of work to the on/off, pin, and spacers to get it to do over 20 but i dont have a need for that. Now i can only mechanically pull about 11 on the rt but i can hit the sweet spot at any time and let em rip. I can however pull a steady 15 on my emag, not to shabby, put not practical due to the level of consintration and hand positioning. Now this would change if i could figure out how to walk the damn thing but i just cant walk it becuase the trigger return is not fast enough or hard enough. But with those new rollers out for the mag im sure my bps will greatly increase. Good luck getting an x-mag i cant wait till they are in full release, so i can get one. (even though the reactivity on an emag or x valve is no where near as fast or easy to use as an rt, but thats just my opinion)

magsRus
02-05-2003, 08:48 PM
I've owned both...the one things that made me sell my impulse was....it was as dependable as my mini