PDA

View Full Version : Best on/off pin length?

c sherer
02-02-2003, 11:40 PM
Ok, i did a search (yay!) and found about 18 posts regarding varying pin lengths and in a nutshell, there SEEMS to be an optimal on/off pin length for each particular gun. AGD makes 2 or 3 varying pin lengths (i think) and depending on the gun setup, the different pins can provide different feel & reactivity.

Now, Given that AGD apparently ships Xvalves with the middle length pin, is this the best pin length for the setup below? or should I request a couple of different pins and play around with it? Any ideas how much difference these varying pins will show in the gun?
Setup:
Minimag body
Xvalve
Intelliframe

Thanks!
CSherer

Schnitzel
02-03-2003, 12:24 AM
the pin supplied with work fine with your setup.

Smokee_2_7
02-03-2003, 01:09 PM
The pin supplied with your valve WILL work, but your're reactivity may not be as good as say . . a brand new totally stock RT pro. I sent my retromags in to get better-fit on/off pins for them. Worked wonders- - - they shot sooo much better when they came back.

The differences in on/off pin legnth are affected by gun sttups. The reason that many people who are trading in for x-valves are not getting the reactivity that others have on their rt pro is because of slight differences in things like body rail legnth, dimensions of the top portion of the trigger frame, ect.

You could have AGD send you several pins and switch them out to find the one that works the best for you. Or you could send the gun in to AGD and have them do it for you.

Hope this helps,

Carl