PDA

View Full Version : Quick help with stock spyder

Oddball
02-03-2003, 01:06 PM
My friend asked me to look at his spyder for him since it didn't work. It is a stock spyder compact. When he gave me the gun it would not fire, I would gas it up and cock it a pull the trigger but nothing would happen. After taking it apart and putting it back together again I was able to get it to fire once or twice and then it would not recock, just sputter as if running out of air.
I have never worked on spyders before and would like any help. There is 2 rubber rings in the gun but I am not sure where they should go. Right now i got one behind the hammer, near the vel. ajuster, and the other is out of the gun. Any help would be great. Thanks.

TheTramp
02-03-2003, 01:48 PM
Go to the Kingman website and get the break-down chart. This will show you where each part goes so you can make sure you've put it back together properly. The Spyder is fairly simple. As long as it's put together properly (and has all the parts) it should fire.

Also, just to cover all bases, are you sure that you've got enough air/CO2 in the tank you're using?

pbzmag
02-03-2003, 02:36 PM
Get a spyder parts kit and replace the orings on the bolt and hammer. remember to clean out any dirt and debris. If it's still not firing, change out the spring.

pbzmag

nippinout
02-03-2003, 02:46 PM
Check that the valve is in the right direction.

Screw in the velocity adjuster.

Gas it up and cock it. Now, fire it, but hold onto the bolt. Let the bolt slide forward slowly. If you can push the valve open, you don't have enough gas.

There is a large rubber bumper, and this goes behind the hammer to protect the hammer and gun from damage. Descrie the other piece. Another rubber piece I can think of is the ball detent.

Some blowbacks won't recock without the added backpressure with the presence of a paintball.

A critical seal to check is the hammer seal, this is necessary for the gun to recock. And tell your friend to ditch the Spyder and get a mag. :)