PDA

View Full Version : do mags short stroke a lot

mini_marc_mag
02-03-2003, 09:29 PM
ok i was talking to my friend and he told me that mags suck because they always short stroke on you .

Is that true?

pbguy888
02-03-2003, 10:07 PM
I have never choped a ball with my mag... AND I have not played with my LX yet... So I never choped with a regular mag...

Kevmaster
02-03-2003, 10:18 PM
a mag will short stroke. yes. a lot? depends on the user. If you have used the trigger and can make a FULL STROKE, it will never do it to you. if youve never used it before, it may do it some to you.

AlabamaMan
02-04-2003, 02:20 AM
When i first got my RT-Pro i tended to short stroke it quite a bit, but now that i'm used to the trigger, it will hardly ever happen. Learning the trigger will eliminate short stroking.

Cryer
02-04-2003, 02:42 AM
Short-stroking is caused by the user failing to complete a full trigger 'stroke' (i.e. pull the trigger back all the way, and then, fully release the trigger allowing it to return to its original, forward position before pulling back again). The shorter the trigger pull, the less room there is to short-stroke. Thus, it's easier to short-stroke with an aftermarket frame like Dye, Benchmark, etc with their long trigger pull. With the AGD Stock frames and IFrames it is very easy to achieve a consistant high rate of fire with full trigger strokes, successfully avoiding any short-stroking. This comes as a result of the shorter, crisper trigger pull associated with the AGD frames as opposed to the longer, lighter pull of the above mentioned aftermarket frames.

Or something like that....:D

LawFox32
02-04-2003, 08:21 AM
Cryer got it; shortstroking is user error, not machine; ask you friend, that since mags can be short-stroked; and cockers can be short-stroked, then does that mean cockers "suck" as well

QUINCYMASSGUY
02-04-2003, 09:04 AM
I've seen more shortstroking with Autocockers than Mags. I am experiencing some issues with shortstroking with my Intelliframe/XValve minimag but thats mostly due to my shooting with the bottom of the trigger (making the pull longer) and because of my mistakes, not the gun. I have never had a break from this shortstroking though due to the Level 10. When tuned right, it makes your Mag very effective. Both guns are good but I've never heard of an Automag's timing slipping or its disassembly taking an hour. It's all a matter of preference. Best of luck.

Intimidator
02-04-2003, 07:42 PM
What about EMags? Im just getting one and can you short stroke one of those?

LawFox32
02-04-2003, 07:44 PM
not in E-mode or Hybrid, but its possible in Manual; its rare though b/c the RT effect helps prevent it

Intimidator
02-04-2003, 07:55 PM
Well Im getting a PTP Micro E-Mag with LvL10 so I think that I will be safe:D

LawFox32
02-04-2003, 07:58 PM
as long as the LX is set well and the paint isn't extremely cheap and brittle you will not have any problems; with my LX and warp and freak set; I haven't broken or chopped a ball in about 4 cases of paint

rikkter
02-05-2003, 06:06 AM
Originally posted by LawFox32
not in E-mode or Hybrid, but its possible in Manual; its rare though b/c the RT effect helps prevent it

you can short stroke the emag in those modes. i've done it. yes.

yes i tried it in both modes
yes i made it short stroke
:D

but then again i was trying to get it to short stroke, but it wasn't hard to

crankydan
02-05-2003, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by rikkter

you can short stroke the emag in those modes. i've done it. yes.

yes i tried it in both modes
yes i made it short stroke
:D

but then again i was trying to get it to short stroke, but it wasn't hard to

Dont say that, we all know(those that actually own a emag) how the electro mode works. There is a complete cycle by activating the hall sensor. Thats right a complete cycle. I am currious how you short stroked in this mode. Maybe you can explain this to us all in detail.

digitard
02-05-2003, 04:29 PM
Its not possible to short stroke in E/Hybrid mode since it automatically does a full cycle ... but you can hit it too fast and still chop a ball thats in 1/2 drop (thats gonna happen with anything, but hte Level 10 keeps the bolt from getting past the ball).

Sincerely,
Dave K

rikkter
02-05-2003, 09:51 PM
well. it was probably something else i was experiencing, but it would make the same sound, and act the same as a short stroke on a regular mag. he had level 10 in it tho, it wasn't feed paint.

what would cause this? not air.. he had jsut aired it up. i think he did anyways

ok you said detailed:
i would just try to make it short stroke. i would pull it, fire fine, then i would let go but pull before it went back into its rest position. this is when it did the effect. of course it was harder to do than a classic mag. a lot harder, but i managed to do it when trying quite a lot. it wouldn't have that full shot sound. eh. yeah? k

Carbon
02-06-2003, 12:37 AM
Mini-mag-marc: Maybe Mags short stroke when your buddy is using one, maybe he sucks at pulling trigers, or maybe his comments are based on hearsay. In anycase if you can pull a crisp 1/8" youll be fine. Remeber all guns have a learning curve, wether it be mechanical maintenance or actual operation of the gun itself.