PDA

View Full Version : Riotz & Bea 1-on-1 at Paintball Expo, Clare to witness the face-off this weekend!

djbea
02-04-2003, 04:42 PM
Riotz & Bea 1-on-1 at Paintball Expo, Clare to witness the face-off this weekend!

For those of you near the Southern California area, the Paintball Expo is this weekend, February 8th - 9th!

If you are going to be in the So Cal area for the Super 7 this weekend, if you get a chance, check out the PBALL EXPO, too!

You'll see Paintball Products from vendors like:
Worr Game Products
Smart Parts
Rhino Tek
BlackStar
KAPP
ACI
Planet Eclipse
... to name a few to expect!

Apparel Show featuring the apparel from those vendors in attendance at the Expo modeled by real paintballers!

Free sessions that discuss paintball subjects for those newbies like how to form a team, get sponsored, and some tips on playing the sport.

AGD & AO Spokesperson, THE LOVELY, GORGEOUS, AND SWEET PAINTBALL PLAYER Clare will be there representing on behalf of Air Gun Designs!

Free Prizes will be given away at the Expo!

A 3-on-1 Exhibition will be in effect! Three rec players will go up against a tournament baller, including Todd Martinez of Aftershock, Bea Youngs of Femmes Fatale, and Mike Paxson of newly-gone-PRO-team Bushwackers!

For more information, check out the website at www.PaintballExpo.com. At the site, you will get all the info you need, including a $5 off coupon off admission!

PS Getting to meet Riotz for the first time will be a thrill and I am totally stoked that he's agreed to make it out during his visit here in California upcoming!

Much respect to the members of the AO Forum! Hope to see some of you there!:)

Mgwannabie
02-04-2003, 05:02 PM
WOOHOO great weekend coming up!!! im going to both, finaly stuff is going on in Socal!!! i cant wait, clare i hope ur ganna bring ur e kitty! i want to hold it =)

Clare
02-04-2003, 05:10 PM
Can't wait! I'll have AGD stickers/lvl 10 stickers to give away..including a warp! :D

i cant wait, clare i hope ur ganna bring ur e kitty! i want to hold it =)

I'm definitely bringing it :)

Gunga
02-04-2003, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by djbea
Riotz & Bea 1-on-1 at Paintball Expo, Clare to witness the face-off this weekend!

I've got $10 on Bea!! Anyone want some of the action? ;) :D

Is Clare taking on the winner?

shartley
02-04-2003, 05:30 PM
LOL Sounds like folks will have a ball (no pun intended).

You HAVE to post pictures. :D

Mgwannabie
02-04-2003, 05:33 PM
yeah i will take some pics for everyone!! i think playing the pro will be really fun me and my friend will have fun with who every is ganna be the pro HEHE!!

cphilip
02-04-2003, 06:27 PM
GO Riotz! Spank her behind and call her Judy!!! (umm...er...well..."Blush"!)

No seriously, I take you up on that one JJ! I am down with my end!

This not gonna be one of them stacked things like Shatner ball is it? As long as its a fair competition. (Psssst...capo...candy?)

Either way with Ritoz, Bea and Capo there we all winners. Make us proud all of you and above all have fun!

wimag
02-04-2003, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by Gunga

I've got $10 on Bea!! Anyone want some of the action? ;) :D

Me

Blazingace
02-04-2003, 06:36 PM
I got 20 on Riotz. Anyday. Giving props to my team mate. Go get her Riotz.

djbea
02-04-2003, 06:42 PM
I can't wait! :)

This is all in good fun! But, I believe I'll give Riotz a run for the money... it'll be a great! And I won't be a bad sport about it if I lose, promise! But, I'm going to try really hard, that's for sure!

You guys are the best! See you soon, I hope!

Sincerely,
Bea

Blazingace
02-04-2003, 06:43 PM
I also got 20 on Riotz vs.
Clare.
I've got $10 on Bea!! Anyone want some of the action?

Python14
02-04-2003, 07:49 PM
Bea, I couldn't help but notice that you frequent AO alot, Are you using AGD stuff now, as opposed to Smart Parts stuff?

BTW, I'll put another 10 on you. Too bad I can't come.

DiRTyBuNNy
02-04-2003, 07:52 PM
Nope...Bea's a WGP girl (for the time bea-ing)...but you never know..maybe we can Tom to slide her a "Bea" colored X-Mag...

djbea
02-04-2003, 09:58 PM
Hi Python 14...

I like Tom alot... he's a good man, and Bud Orr is a good man, just the same. I like the Cocker alot because that's what I was introduced to in the beginning. Although my first marker was an Impulse, I preferred the Cocker, thus the reason why I shot my Evolution from Belsales most of last year.

When my Sponsorship with Smart Parts was up, a Black Magic was given to me to use until I started looking for new sponsorship. Bud Orr said he wanted to help me, thankfully, and now am shooting an E-Orr.acle. But, I get my apparel stuff from Custom Sports Gear.

I work for Custom Sports Gear now as an independent manufacturer's rep. and try to encourage teams to get custom jerseys made, with their team name being more visible then the jersey it's made on. CSG is cool because they don't throw "CSG" up in huge letters on the jersey. The player and the team is the focus moreso than who made the jersey.

Thanks for asking!

When I play against Riotz, I think we are going to use pump guns... =) What do you think?

The Black Magic
http://paintball.com/pics/Bea/sponsorship/beayoungs_t.jpg

The Orr.acle

Python14
02-04-2003, 10:01 PM
Why not stock?

Wc Keep
02-04-2003, 10:04 PM
hey bea all i gotta say is if you play riotz one on one be careful riotz has been known to overshoot. im proof.

i wanna say 20 on bea but since jeff is my captain and all i have to say 5 on him.

djbea
02-04-2003, 10:09 PM
I say either Stock or the markers they provide at the Exhibition... :)

I think Riotz would be down for that, don't you?

Oh, and as far as the overshooting.... I'm use to it. My boyfriend is the King of Bonus Balling... (Pro-player, Mike Paxson on the 'Wackers)...

;)

PzYcO
bea..as in Bea Youngs?

CMDane
Quote from the Expo poster
"High-end markers and 200 rounds of paint for each player will be provided."

Does that mean the pro will be using the same "high-end marker" that the challengers are using? What "high-end marker" will be shot? Sounds interesting, but... :)

Sounds interesting, although I'll have to leave the checkbook at home. I wouldn't want to spend a bunch of money the weekend before my b-day.

How about $10 on Clare with the e-kitty vs. Bea and Riotz with pumps? :D

Charles

Python14
02-04-2003, 10:12 PM
I don't speak for riotz, but IMO, stock would be a better show of skill. I think many people would agree. Either way, have fun and godspeed.

Pstan
02-04-2003, 10:14 PM
Nice gun Bea!...........good luck in the 1 v 1!!

djbea
02-04-2003, 10:20 PM
We can do that, too, Charles! That would be HELLA FUN! Clare with her E-Kitty against Riotz and me, the both of us using pumps! hehe...

And the High-end markers will be shot by both the rec players and the tournament player (PRO/AM/NOV/ROOKIE Tourny Baller).

:)

Mgwannabie
02-04-2003, 11:34 PM
hey! i want to play with u! should i bring my gun and equipment? well if not i want to play against the pro, can i bring my gun for that?

DiRTyBuNNy
02-04-2003, 11:36 PM
I'll be there with my DiGiCaM so i'll have proof not long after it goes down..ahahhahahahhahahaha..RioTZ is gonna get owned by Bea....

mag-hatter
02-04-2003, 11:38 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! i have winter camp this weekend! DAMN YOU! someone want to pick up some stickers/free stuff and i'll pay for shipping? PLEASE?!?!?!?!?! i really want to get in on it but i cant!

DiRTyBuNNy
02-04-2003, 11:40 PM
Bea..you think we can hook the little man up with some stickers and assorted other throw-away goodies?

mag-hatter
02-04-2003, 11:54 PM
oh! oh! and that warp capo was talking about :D.

anything you can throw together! i'd appreciate it mucho! i'll pay shipping! i'll PAY you to get the stuff! AH!

Mgwannabie
02-05-2003, 12:09 AM
BTW here are some updated pics of my gun IN CASE ne one is interested!

Edit: Pics of your gun are fine and quite welcome...as long as they're around 35k in size, not 340k.

Gunga

Gunga
02-05-2003, 12:49 AM
Originally posted by cphilip
I take you up on that one JJ! I am down with my end!

You're on, Uncle Phil! :D Though I imagine that the loser will just end up buying the winner a couple beers at the next big AO thang. :)

BTW...I like Bass Ale. :D

RoadDawg
02-05-2003, 12:57 AM
Well I might have to make a trip out there after all. I take it this will be on Saturday huh? Capo will you be there on Sunday as well? I'm not sure if I can go on Sat but I'm gonna try.

Chonky
02-05-2003, 01:03 AM
hey capo will u be showing the e-kitty off iv never even held a emag, and im disapointed agd will not be there to show off there goodies. if your going to be showing it off let me know thx i want to defintly check it out thx alot
zack

Mgwannabie
02-05-2003, 01:04 AM
look at like the third post, she says shes ganna bring it

Clare
02-05-2003, 01:06 AM
Capo will you be there on Sunday as well?

I should be there all day on saturday and sunday :)

hey capo will u be showing the e-kitty off iv never even held a emag, and im disapointed agd will not be there to show off there goodies.

I'll have it with me so anyone is welcome to take a look at it and/or shoot it :p

We should have an AO meet or get together in the evening! I didn't know there would be this many AO'ers attending. :D

Riotz
02-05-2003, 01:28 AM
This should be a fun. I rather not play with stock/pump guns. I want to use my AGD RT Pro when we play 1 on 1. Maybe for fun later we can use stock guns?

Thanks for my team mates and cphilip for backing me up! :D Except you WC Keep! ONLY 5 BUCKS!@~ punk! hehe

My hard drive crashed today, so I will be venting ALLOT of anger on the field the next few days. >=|

Nah, it's all in good clean fun. :) But if I do lose (knocks on wood) I won't be showing my face here for awhile. teehee :p

Originally posted by DiRTyBuNNy
I'll be there with my DiGiCaM so i'll have proof not long after it goes down..ahahhahahahhahahaha..RioTZ is gonna get owned by Bea....

pbzmag
02-05-2003, 03:16 AM
Originally posted by CaPoEiRa
We should have an AO meet or get together in the evening! I didn't know there would be this many AO'ers attending. :D

I second that vote! Also what day is the 1on1? I'm vote for Bea cuz gurl paintballers are cool! Plus I want to yell out "SPANKED BY A GIRL!" Lol

pbzmag

Riotz
02-05-2003, 03:24 AM
It's probally going to be on Sunday. I'm flying out there with my boss to check out the Super 7, we will most like stop by on Sunday at the expo.

pbzmag
02-05-2003, 03:30 AM
Damn! I will only be able to go on Sat. Oh well, hopefully someone will tape it and post it. Anyone who didn't know, there is a $5 discount. Just click on this link: http://www.paintballexpo.com/coupon/coupon.pdf, and print it and fill it out.

pbzmag

The Frymarker
02-05-2003, 08:48 AM
Ahhh bummer wish I could go, oh well!

Have fun guys!

JEDI
02-05-2003, 09:05 AM
Go get her Riotz. My guess is she wont know what hit her. (Sorry Bea:) good luck). Jeff, give her one for me. Remember what we talked about in the shop Tuesday night ;). Good luck buddy.

Riotz
02-05-2003, 12:51 PM
So anyways... I'm gonna kick yer butt Bea! :p

JEDI
02-05-2003, 12:51 PM
I agree Ms. Bea. Lets drop the BS and play some PB. :D

djbea
02-05-2003, 01:12 PM
Excellent, Riotz... I need a good butt-kickin' every now and then... it keeps me humble! ;) Best two out of three? (Plus, the more we play, the more fun it'll be!)

On Sunday at the Expo, before we go do our Exhibition Game with each other, I wanted to see if any of you wanted to be on a panel to discuss paintball, in general, and some of the issues facing our industry today.

Topics Like:

History of Paintball
Evolution of the Marker
Safety First
Organizations: NPPL & PSP - How they got started and why?
Paintball Resources (Like the AO Forum, Paintball.com, Warpig.com, etc)
Paintball on TV - Why has it taken so long?

I'd like to have some of the AO Members participate in this Discussion. It'll be short and sweet, but very informative!
Sound like something you'd be interested in?

Bad_Knees
02-05-2003, 01:13 PM
Thanks for the BIG picture statement!

djbea
02-05-2003, 01:39 PM
Who wants to play Todd Martinez, Pro of Aftershock, that doesn't play tournament ball? I need three rec ballers to go up against Todd!

RamboPreacher
02-05-2003, 01:51 PM
Who wants to play Todd Martinez, Pro of Aftershock, that doesn't play tournament ball? I need three rec ballers to go up against Todd! I think that this is biased nd should REALLY be the other way around - get three pro-plaeyers to play against one rec. baller on teh rec field! - woohoo, now THAT would be fun to watch!

(it's all fun, cause Paintball is FUN!!!)

Bront
02-05-2003, 02:00 PM
Who wants to play Todd Martinez, Pro of Aftershock, that doesn't play tournament ball? I need three rec ballers to go up against Todd!

Figure out a way to fly me out there and I'd do it. :D

I realy wish I was in that area, but I couldn't make my way out there. Sounds like it will be a blast.

cphilip
02-05-2003, 02:10 PM
Thread heavily edited to keep the peace. Sorry if you do not like it but I will protect the Thread for its promotional value.

If anyones proper comments on the subject were edited accidently, I am sorry. There was a lot to do and I may have not kept it all straight. Did the best I could.

Keep to the subject. Friendly smack talking to promote the event is fine but lets not take it to a personal level here and detract from the event itself..

Thanks

djbea
02-05-2003, 02:17 PM
Hi Mag-Hatter! I will try to get DirtyBunny to collect extra stuff to send to you... work it out with him! I will remind him of it when I see him! :)

And someday, the Paintball Expo will make its way to your Neck of the Woods... they are trying to establish a good reputation here on the West Coast first (because they live here in CA, too! ;)

Thanks, CPhilip! You rule! :)

ogre55
02-05-2003, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by RamboPreacher
I think that this is biased nd should REALLY be the other way around - get three pro-plaeyers to play against one rec. baller on teh rec field! - woohoo, now THAT would be fun to watch!

(it's all fun, cause Paintball is FUN!!!)

Now that is one hell of an idea RP. I've often wondered how some of the great speedball players in the world would do out in the big bad forest.

Ogre

Havoc_online
02-05-2003, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by ogre55

Now that is one hell of an idea RP. I've often wondered how some of the great speedball players in the world would do out in the big bad forest.

Ogre
They would dominate. I've seen the same thing over and over with regular tourny players much less world class speedballers. (Not trying to come off as rude or insulting, both types of games are fun but very different. What I said is based on what I've seen, nothing more:))

djbea
02-05-2003, 02:42 PM
AGD & AO Spokesperson, THE LOVELY, GORGEOUS, AND SWEET PAINTBALL PLAYER Clare will be there representing on behalf of Air Gun Designs!

Hehe... I know I did, but just making sure!

PzYcO
02-05-2003, 03:05 PM
hey hey i want some stickas too :P make it look like i went by putting one of my revvy even though i ddint go.. ^_^

Blazingace
02-05-2003, 06:52 PM
The E-Class VS. The Warped RT Pro. A battle for the ages. We go back to hallowed antiquity. When the 'Mag and Cocker ruled the Tourney universe. I would pay very good money to get video, good video of the 1 v 1. Like I said. 20 on Riotz any takers? Really. I wish I could go to this now that I know there is going to be cool festivities. I will be attending the Skirmish 5 man cash tourney with the rest of Black Cell. Go Riotz!!!!!!!:D

dre1919
02-05-2003, 11:06 PM
My original post got deleted in the clean-up, but it's all good. Basically, I wanted to say good luck Riotz...but I gotta back my girl on this one. Go get 'em Bea!!

:D

P.S: Thanks a lot for the poster Lady, that rocked. You're drawing is in the works as we speak!

Riotz
02-06-2003, 12:56 AM
Originally posted by Blazingace
The E-Class VS. The Warped RT Pro. A battle for the ages. We go back to hallowed antiquity. When the 'Mag and Cocker ruled the Tourney universe. I would pay very good money to get video, good video of the 1 v 1. Like I said. 20 on Riotz any takers? Really. I wish I could go to this now that I know there is going to be cool festivities. I will be attending the Skirmish 5 man cash tourney with the rest of Black Cell. Go Riotz!!!!!!!:D
Yes, it should be very interesting. The old debate lingers on. Thanks again Joel! :D

*bites his nails*

JEDI
02-06-2003, 01:12 AM
Originally posted by Havoc_online

They would dominate. I've seen the same thing over and over with regular tourny players much less world class speedballers. (Not trying to come off as rude or insulting, both types of games are fun but very different. What I said is based on what I've seen, nothing more:))
I coudnt agree more. I've seen it time and time again. Tourney players go back to the woods, and their blood-thirsty way of play Dominates in an almost unnatural stile for the woods.

Blazingace
02-06-2003, 01:37 AM
If you want to you can borrow my E-mag. Oh......wait. I need it for the tourney this weekend. Maybe you can borrow an X-mag and go Flagship gun to Flagship gun.:D

Riotz
02-06-2003, 01:59 AM
Maybe if "someone" wants to overnight fedex me an X-Mag to use again Bea's E-Orr.acle ::wink wink:: ;)

I would also like to say that without the support of PBX (Paintballistix) I wouldn't be able to make it out to this event. :)

DiRTyBuNNy
02-06-2003, 02:34 AM
I actually disagree with Havoc regarding the Tourney players playing NormalBall. For all that went to the Warlords scenario game you got to watch Bud and pretty much all of team wOrr get spanked by all the scenario players on the AGD side..they didn't know what to do out there..it was funny..

Devil
02-06-2003, 10:41 AM
I hope all of you have fun out there! Wish I could be there...Maybe one day!

ROAD TRIP!! ROAD TRIP!!

If I can get off work maybe me and my friend Mandi can drive out there...but I doubt it...so maybe next time!

Wc Keep
02-06-2003, 11:27 AM
jeff did you forget. the e-kitty x-mag will be in attendence if its ok with capo.

pbzmag
02-06-2003, 11:42 AM
For anyone who's flying in, There's a chance of showers on Saturday. Looks like the Huntington Beach tourney will be playing in the rain! I do admit that playing paintball in the rain is fun.

Saturday
Showers
High: 61
Low: 39

Sunday
Mostly Sunny
High: 71
Low: 41

DiRTyBuNNy
02-06-2003, 12:58 PM
Well..I'm heading up there in just a few minutes..so I'm not expecting any inclement weather right now..it's as sunny as a summer day right now in San Diego..

RoadDawg
02-06-2003, 01:45 PM
What night/day did we wanna do the AO get together? Oh and Capo what day will you be giving out the warp? Also will you have plenty of stickers for Sunday? Just asking cause I want stickers and a chance for the warp and am undecided if I can make it on Saturday or not.

pbzmag
02-06-2003, 01:55 PM
I forgot to tell that a computer fair is also exhibiting at the fairplex also. So, if your going around and only see geeks & dweebs, like me, arguing which video card or CPU is better, your in the wrong building! lol

pbzmag

Tom Sparkman
02-06-2003, 02:49 PM
I'll be there taking pictures for Warpig. Poor Bill will be stuck at Huntington Beach. :cool:

BTW, if your from out of town just remember, LA drivers do not know how to drive in the rain. 'Bea' sure and leave early, one truck acccident can really mess things up.

Tom

Clare
02-06-2003, 02:51 PM
jeff did you forget. the e-kitty x-mag will be in attendence if its ok with capo.

he hasn't mentioned it cause he doesn't want to be seen with a girly marker, punk!

What night/day did we wanna do the AO get together? Oh and Capo what day will you be giving out the warp? Also will you have plenty of stickers for Sunday?

If we had an AO get together, who would attend? As for the day, I'm open to either day. The warp and 2 vhs shatnerball videos will be given during the big raffle. I don't know what day it is but Bea should definitely know. As for stickers, I'll make sure to have enough for Sunday for those who can't attend on Saturday. :)

Mango
02-06-2003, 05:56 PM
oh wow I wish I could be there! :(

This is going to be crazy wacked funky!!!! 1 1 1!! ! :p

btw: Jeff I think you're going to get schooled LOL

pbzmag
02-06-2003, 06:56 PM
If we had an AO get together we can go to the following places:

Pomona Valley Mining Company - Good Food and close to the fair grounds. Prices are probably $15 and more but can't really remember since my employer paid for our lunch a few years back. I also heard that it's haunted but it's a rumor.

GameWorks or Dave & Busters @ Ontario Mills Mall - Don't really have to expain them.

NPPL Supter 7 @ Huntington Beach - Live Bands at night and many restaurants to eat at.

Nobody077
02-06-2003, 09:02 PM
Ok I will be there its right around the street for me :) The fairplex will be realy packed this weekend though, The NHRA winter nationals are here and I have been listening to Top fuel, and funycars doing runs all day.
Hay Bea what day and time to play Todd Martinez? and is there a charge for the 3 on 1? I may have to take the bus to get there but I do plan on it.

pbzmag
02-06-2003, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by Tom Sparkman
BTW, if your from out of town just remember, LA drivers do not know how to drive in the rain. 'Bea' sure and leave early, one truck acccident can really mess things up.

Tom

SoCal driving
Bad weather = leave late and drive hella fast while weaving in and out of traffic!:D

zads27
02-06-2003, 10:23 PM
Originally posted by pbzmag
If we had an AO get together we can go to the following places:

...NPPL Supter 7 @ Huntington Beach - Live Bands at night and many restaurants to eat at.

I say meet at the Super 7 on Saturday! That's where I'm gonna be!
(Sorry I don't think I'm gonna make it to the Expo. Excuse: I'm cheap. lol)

On sunday I'm goin snowboarding at big bear :D

DiRTyBuNNy
02-06-2003, 11:59 PM
I have a favor for anyone who is going to be at the Super7 tomorrow and the PaintballExpo on Saturday...PM Me for details if you're up for it.

Riotz
02-07-2003, 02:25 AM
Originally posted by SprayingMango
btw: Jeff I think you're going to get schooled LOL
:D haha thanks allot man!! :(

WCkeep,I am perfectly aware that Clare has her own X-mag. I was just trying to score a limited edition laser engraved Riotz-mag. heheh :D :p

PsychoBaller
02-07-2003, 03:55 AM
Good Luck man.... u wont need it but I thought I might as well say....

If u do get shot by her... u should make her have to suckle the spot after the game.... would be a nice "perk"..... heh....

~da "double joke" baller

Tom Sparkman
02-07-2003, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by Nobody077
and is there a charge for the 3 on 1? I may have to take the bus to get there but I do plan on it.

$7 to play. 7 minutes and 200 rounds per player. 11:30 to 1 and 2 to 3:30. You can bring your own goggles. Wear something you don't mind getting splatted. :)

Don't forget the $5 off coupon at paintballexpo.com

Tom

Clare
02-07-2003, 05:02 PM
I'll be leaving for the airport in a few minutes..if you all decide on on whether to have an AO get together or not please let me know at the expo :)

Mango
02-07-2003, 05:09 PM
Byeee! Have a safe trip :D :D

graycie
02-07-2003, 10:48 PM
my money is totally on bea, hopefully she won't be easy on you riotz:cool:

TooDamnSweet
02-08-2003, 09:26 PM
We just got back from the expo. We saw Bea, Capo and Nobody007. Capo hooked us up with some patches and stickers. ***Thanks Clare!!!

There was mention of having an AO get-together but there weren't very many AOer's there when we were (we got there kinda late). If anyone is interested in going, it's tentatively scheduled for tomorrow, time still to be determined. PM me and I'll give you the info so you can get intouch with Bea and or Capo. Hopefully, we'll be able to attend but if not have fun for the both of us!

RoadDawg
02-08-2003, 10:12 PM
I decided to go to the NPPL @ Huntington Beach. It was a blast. Not much there to see but the tourny play was awesome. It's weird watching people run on sand instead of solid ground.

pbzmag
02-08-2003, 10:36 PM
I was at NPPL on Friday and caught the last games of the morning roster. I also checked out the Trade Village but only a few shops were up. I did stop by the JT booth and got a signed poster and pic with Bon Bon. Today I went the the Expo show and finally met the very popular Capo and Djbea. Oh, and how can I forget the famous X-Kitty! I did get pictures of both events and will post some of them as soon as I finnish my roll. Yeah, I know, it's time to go digital! I'm saving up for my x-mag. Like TDS said, the get together will be tomorrow. I have plans already but will try to get early. If not, everyone have fun for me!

pbzmag

SoCalMag
02-09-2003, 02:54 AM
Can't wait! I'll have AGD stickers/lvl 10 stickers to give away..including a warp! :D

Hey, thanks for the stickers :-). I met u and dirtybunny at the expo, u probably don't remember me, but I was the dork that when u asked if I was on AO, I said no and u told me to come here so I did. What's up?

Oh yeah, I did that 3v1 thing with my friend. It was pretty fun, i got to try out an orracle, but I was suprised. The first round I took 2 shots total. I shot the gun after the "go go go" to make sure it was working properly, then i ran up to the center bunker, took a snap shot and gogged him. Haha, it was funny. I'm not sure who I was playing against, but it didn't seem like he was trying.

RoadDawg
02-09-2003, 03:49 AM
was there a lot of stuff at the expo worth seeing? I'm trying to justify to myself the $10 w/coupon. So any info would be cool.

SoCalMag
02-09-2003, 01:09 PM
I think it was a little over-priced for 15$. But IMO, it was just ncie for me to go see and try different guns, and see what's goin' on. I mean, if you don't really have a point to going, I dunno, it probably wouldn't be for you.

RoadDawg
02-09-2003, 05:16 PM
PM Me w/details about the AO get together please.

1stdeadeye
02-09-2003, 06:28 PM
So who won, Riotz or Bea?

minimag187
02-09-2003, 07:49 PM
Yea, who won;) BTW SoCalMag your signature is very very big.

Devil
02-09-2003, 10:31 PM
sooo...who won...pics???

gcube
02-09-2003, 11:44 PM
just got back about a hour ago it was a great show CaPoEiRa hooked me up with stickers and a patch thanks CaPoEiRa

DiRTyBuNNy
02-09-2003, 11:46 PM
I know who won, even though I couldn't witness it because I was busying working at Bea's booth at the Expo...I'll wait for either CaPo, Riotz or the Queen Bea to tell the story...and for all you that didn't get a chance to come out to the Expo..it was nice, we had a little mini-Ao meet in the afternoon on Saturday with another going on at the bars tonight (I had to drive 2 hours back to San Diego so I decided to bow out consider I have to get up early for work tomorrow).
It's a great event that will only be getting better with each passing year. I just wanted to thank everyone that did get to come out and speak with CaPo and myself, and get a chance to touch the X-Kitty which was on display at the booth over the weekend. It would have been nicer if the NPPL had not decided to schedule their tourney the same weekend, but what's done is done.
Laterz, DB

oh..and I know most of them will never read this but I want to thank Bea Youngs, PlanetEclipse, PGI Magazine, Smart Parts, Nexed and all the Staff of the Paintball Expo for just being awesome and treating me like one of the staff even though all I did was just show up to help Bea with her stuff. Thanks. (and it was nice being the only one with a hoodie who didn't have an English accent...ahhahahahahhahaha)

AGDJon
02-10-2003, 10:25 AM
cmon you gotta tell us who won LOL

Dayspring
02-10-2003, 10:29 AM
I think WC_Keep called Riotz in Cali. If I remember correctly, she won once and he won once. I still think they need a tie breaker!

Devil
02-10-2003, 02:11 PM
you're kidding me...2pm, monday morning...and still no results...you guys are slacking off...

:p

RoadDawg
02-10-2003, 03:13 PM
I ended up being a no show. Got hooked on the NPPL tourny at huntington beach. It was nice and warm and a great public place to inform the community about paintball.

Blazingace
02-10-2003, 04:12 PM
Admit it you were checking out the lovely ladies and didn't want to be bothered. We understand.

WHO WON ALREADY!!!!!!!!!:confused:

RoadDawg
02-10-2003, 05:22 PM
I'll admit to that as well. I got an autographed poster by Bon Bon and the viewloader girl (can't remember the name at the moment). The action was pretty cool. Seen a guy with a Emag/Warp.

Tom Sparkman
02-10-2003, 05:32 PM
Bea,

Thanks for the poster - my daughter Haley enjoyed seeing you and wants it framed for her room.

Great turn-out and I got some good pictures for Warpig...

Tom :)

DiRTyBuNNy
02-10-2003, 07:10 PM
Yeah..the Expo was cool..and for those that didn't show up..there were $5 off coupons and some freebie coupons out there to be had..

so Tom, when should be expect the write up on Warpig?

and as for the Viewloader girl, her name is Chelsea..

pbzmag
02-11-2003, 11:22 AM
I have pics coming! Will post them later today after I get them from the processing lab. Yeah, I know, I'm still living in the dark ages. But I'm saving for a x-mag! BTW, who won the 1-on-1?

pbzmag

Clare
02-11-2003, 02:26 PM
Hey Guys!

I would have started a thread last night but I passed out as soon as I walked in the door. The Paintball expo was great with an attendance of 3,000 people in 2 days which is almost double the amount from last year! Thanks again to Bea for hauling my arse around all over the place and allowing me to use part of her table. :) I had the pleasure of meeting DirtyBunny, del, Pbzmag, nobody077, Smoken, gcube, Gibby, TooDamnSweet, the kid with the "jumbled letters name" and a couple other AO'ers who couldn't recall their AO names. Bea and Riotz have most of the pictures from the expo since my camera was low on batteries. Either Bea or myself with start another thread once we get all the pictures sorted out. :)

As for the 1 on 1, they played 2 games. Riotz won one and Bea the other. Bea decided to not play the 3rd game so that no one would lose money and Riotz wouldn't be taunted until the end of time. :p It was great fun, though. There's some hilarious pictures that I took with Jeff's camera that will be posted later on in the week. Unfortunately, nobody took any video.

Btw...Welcome to AO, SoCalMag! Glad that you joined! :D

Here's a couple pics that I have:
Bea, me, and DirtyBunny

Clare
02-11-2003, 02:28 PM
pbzmag, nobody077, Smoken, and DirtyBunny :)

Gunga
02-11-2003, 02:35 PM
As for the 1 on 1, they played 2 games. Riotz won one and Bea the other. Bea decided to not play the 3rd game so that no one would lose money and Riotz wouldn't be taunted until the end of time. :p

GRRRRRRRRR!!!!! :p

Guess this means that it's a 'push' and my bet with Uncle Phil will have to be resolved at a future event of some sort, AO or otherwise!!

The Frymarker
02-11-2003, 02:43 PM
hehe that's great sounds like you guys had a blast!:p :D

Clare
02-11-2003, 02:56 PM
Bea talkin' it up at one of her seminars

AGDJon
02-11-2003, 03:01 PM
looks like you guys had a great time. :)

ntn4502
02-11-2003, 03:10 PM
sounds like it was a blast, wish I could of been there

Muzikman
02-11-2003, 04:45 PM
Hmm...I really need to start going to more events;)

Tom Sparkman
02-11-2003, 04:57 PM
so Tom, when should be expect the write up on Warpig?

Soon as I can get off my duff and type it up.

Gotta run by Walmart and drop off 2 rolls - I planned on shooting mostly with the digital but the battery ran low on it (I'm still learning about these new-fangled things). I also shoot better pictures with an SLR - I like to 'aim'. :)

Tom

SoCalMag
02-11-2003, 06:20 PM
thanks for the warm welcome :-)

DiRTyBuNNy
02-11-2003, 07:44 PM
Uhh..SoCal..I know you're new...but please resize that Sig..I know mine is bad....but yours is horrendously huge..

SoCalMag
02-11-2003, 07:56 PM
sorry man, i changed it, is this better?

DiRTyBuNNy
02-11-2003, 08:01 PM
better.

Wc Keep
02-11-2003, 10:01 PM
now both of you just have to learn how to disable it.

pbzmag
02-12-2003, 12:19 AM
Here's more pics from the Expo. First off, the lovely Capo:

pbzmag
02-12-2003, 12:20 AM
Next, DJBea:

pbzmag
02-12-2003, 12:21 AM
Of course her marker:

jammerj
02-12-2003, 12:22 AM
dirty bunny... nice to see a familiar face in the pics! i don't think we met personally but i was the "little" one wearing bea's jersey... i believe it was you who was calling me "little bea"... :D

to clare... this is jana... hope you remember me! i was the one who asked if i could take a pic with you at bea's booth... it was great meeting you... i had no idea that you would be present at the event... so running into you was a nice suprise!

thanks to all who attended (spectators, vendors, players, etc.) and making the expo a great success!! see ya next year!!

pbzmag
02-12-2003, 12:22 AM
3 on 1 pro player:

pbzmag
02-12-2003, 12:24 AM
The target area:

pbzmag
02-12-2003, 12:25 AM
And finally, one from NPPL Huntington Beach. Me an Bon Bon:

DiRTyBuNNy
02-12-2003, 01:03 AM
Yup, Jammer..that was me calling you Little Bea..That was really cool..i just they had the PBExpo more often..I don't know if i could wait till next year!!!

Mgwannabie
02-12-2003, 01:11 AM
lol me and socalmag and me played that pro thing we owned him so fast we had to play 2 games to get our moneys worth i still feel we didnt tho. but it was really fun but i understand how that pro feels 3v1's are hard

Clare
02-12-2003, 02:13 AM
to clare... this is jana... hope you remember me! i was the one who asked if i could take a pic with you at bea's booth... it was great meeting you... i had no idea that you would be present at the event... so running into you was a nice suprise!

yes, I definitely remember you! :) It was a pleasure meeting you, Jana! :D

DirtyBunny: It was great meeting you too..you are very different in person and enjoyed talking to you throughout the weekend.

cphilip
02-12-2003, 08:58 AM
Well JJ, I guess we will just do the same lame thing they did and call it a draw. I buy you a cold one and you buy me one...

Hey did anyone notice the similarity of DirtyBunny and Sprayingmango? You never see them in the same place either... Hmmm..... ;)

Wc Keep
02-12-2003, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by pbzmag
And finally, one from NPPL Huntington Beach. Me an Bon Bon:

i dont think you know how jealous i am of you right now.

cphilip i say we make riotz and bea do a tie breaker. its only fair.

cphilip
02-12-2003, 10:15 AM
I agree, WC (hey! that rhymes) I am thirsty!!!! :p

pbzmag
02-12-2003, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by Wc Keep

i dont think you know how jealous i am of you right now.

LOL.:D

DiRTyBuNNy
02-12-2003, 01:16 PM
Yes..we are all jealous of PBZMag...he's the pimpest SoCal'er there is...

pbzmag
02-12-2003, 01:53 PM
Yes..we are all jealous of PBZMag...he's the pimpest SoCal'er there is...

SoCalMag
02-12-2003, 04:27 PM
Great pics, next time I go I should bring a camera :rolleyes:

DiRTyBuNNy
02-13-2003, 11:53 PM
Well..I don't want to be nonchalant..but i had my camera and I didn't see anything I hadn't seen before that's why I didn't take pictures of anything...so I was actually a part of other peoples pics for once...

Riotz
02-15-2003, 03:52 AM
Alrighty, I know lots of you are waiting for an update. I have just been having sooo many problems lately it's starting to drive me crazy. Anywayyss. :mad:

Mel and I didn't make it to the expo until Sunday afternoon. Once we got there, the first thing we saw was the huge smart parts setup outside. We contented inside and walked around a bit. I stopped off at Bea's booth where she had her promotional items and other items she was selling for her friends. Clare also had her x-kitty on display with some AGD promo stuff. I then proceeded to take down DirtyBunny's jersey off the wall and stomp on it. After I trampled on it for a few minutes I hung up my Borg jersey. hehe :D

I know I've spoken out about the way Bea handled things in the past with paintball. But she has changed her attitude a little. She used some of her music contacts and incorporated it in to the expo. We've talked about it and I was impressed by some of the things she said. I don't want to go into details; however, I didn't expect her to admit some of the things we talked about.

Now for what most of you are waiting for! The 1 on 1 match. We didn't get a chance to do this until the end of the day. Bea was busy giving a seminar on bunkers and such. I was busy talking to vendors with my boss. The match took place outside in a small, netted field with about 6 bunkers. We each had a hopper full of paint. I was nervous as heck since I was the underdog and I was being "insulted" by my "friends" while I was on the field, hehe. Needless to say, I won the first game we played and Bea beat me the second game. We decided to call it quits after that. Since it was late in the day and paint was running low. Sorry to all you bookies out there. :p I guess you will just have to wait for the rematch at the NJ AO Day III? ;)

Pictures to come...

PsychoBaller
02-15-2003, 05:24 AM
Riotz... u owe me man; I'm not a bettin man... but I lost mad loot over that 1v1 match o urs......arrgg....

just playing, heh

~da "as usuall 5:27am Insomniac" baller

djbea
02-15-2003, 03:17 PM
I have been staying pretty busy since the Paintball Expo and have pictures, too, to post. I will try to do that soon and show you all.

I wanted it to be a tie for the sake of those people badgering Riotz for the rest of his life... I'm more interested in playing Team Black Cell now with my team, what do you think? OR a Automags vs Cockers Match... (OR Bud Orr vs Tom Kaye Exhibition Match - best two out of three)...

I had alot of fun with Riotz, Clare, and DirtyBunny and look forward to seeing them all again... can't wait to meet all of the Automags members some day in person. Thanks so much, Riotz, and see you soon.

Sincerely,
Bea

Gunga
02-15-2003, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by Riotz
I was nervous as heck since I was the underdog and I was being "insulted" by my "friends" while I was on the field, hehe. Needless to say, I won the first game we played and Bea beat me the second game. We decided to call it quits after that. Since it was late in the day and paint was running low. Sorry to all you bookies out there. :p

It was awful nice of Bea to let you win the first one to build up your confidence... :p :D

Riotz
02-15-2003, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by Gunga
It was awful nice of Bea to let you win the first one to build up your confidence... :p :D I would't talk if I were YOU!

You wouldn't last 3 secs in a one on one with any female. And I'm not talking paintball either :p :D

Gunga
02-15-2003, 04:37 PM
You wouldn't last 3 secs in a one on one with any female. And I'm not talking paintball either :p :D

Perhaps, but I'm not the one who flew all the way from the east coast to the west coast (over 2800 miles!) to get into a 1-on-1 situation with a female! :p

Riotz
02-15-2003, 04:55 PM
I bet it makes you feel better thinking I flew out there just for that. hehe :p

At least I got girls that want to kick my butt. Oh wait, that might not be a good thing.

dropkick1
02-16-2003, 08:58 PM
GO BLACK CELL!! WE WILL PREVAIL!!!!!!!!!!!!

ken

PsychoBaller
02-16-2003, 09:51 PM
you should minimize ur Guinness picture part of you sig, and put the other 2 pics next to it on the right... "tallest sig ever" (in that simpsons guy voice)

~da balla

DiRTyBuNNy
02-17-2003, 10:01 PM
Nah..I think SoCalMag had the crown for having the tallest sig ever..

SoCalMag
02-18-2003, 08:15 PM
oic, well, i bow down to u

Riotz
02-19-2003, 12:46 AM
ahh a few pictures, as promised.

Clare with her nails all done and dressed to kill coudln't resist jumping on the field and sneaking up behind me.

She only got away with it because I was awed by her beauty. Yea, that's it...

Riotz
02-19-2003, 12:49 AM
I wasn't having a good day at the field with the females. Sorta like my streak off the field with them. Always being shot down!

Bea has her revenge as I quiver and try to hide under the bunker.

Riotz
02-19-2003, 12:54 AM
I can't stands it no more!

I couldn't take the shame of being bunkered by another chick. So I went Apocalypse Now on Bea's arse and hog tied her with my barrel condom.

pbzmag
02-19-2003, 01:23 AM
I wasn't having a good day at the field with the females. Sorta like my streak off the field with them. Always being shot down!

Bea has her revenge as I quiver and try to hide under the bunker.

That pic looks like you got hit on the boys!

Riotz
02-19-2003, 12:43 PM
My boys are alllll goood though. :D

Dayspring
02-19-2003, 01:11 PM
Anybody else notice that Clare's using an Angel? :eek: Tsk tsk...

ahh a few pictures, as promised.

Clare with her nails all done and dressed to kill coudln't resist jumping on the field and sneaking up behind me.

She only got away with it because I was awed by her beauty. Yea, that's it...

RoadDawg
02-19-2003, 05:23 PM
Those are some funny pic Riotz. I like the second one the best.

Clare
02-19-2003, 06:06 PM
Anybody else notice that Clare's using an Angel? Tsk tsk...

my Xmag was back at the booth and that was one of the "high end" guns used for the 3 on 1 games.

The Frymarker
02-19-2003, 06:19 PM
Riotz did you really hit Bea that close in the back of the head?

Ouch

Riotz
02-19-2003, 08:40 PM
teeheee NOO! Clare Photoshoped that in. :D

Clare
02-19-2003, 11:38 PM
Jeff takes full credit for the wording in the pics, though!! :p

DiRTyBuNNy
02-20-2003, 12:02 AM
Yes, I was back at the booth keeping the X-Kitty nice and safe...plus it didn't have any air or a hopper..

The Frymarker
02-20-2003, 07:31 AM
Wow that was a good photoshop then!

I was going to say wow you guys are brutal:D

I was hit once close range by a child who was new to the sport.

I came up to bunker him and asked if he surrendered, I didn't want to hit him that close. Well I guess I startled him because he came up from the bunker and his barrel ended up under the lip of my mask and he fired.

Luckily he only hit the inside plastic.

It looks like you guys had a blast!!:D

djbea
02-20-2003, 06:08 PM
WOW! Those pics came out great, Clare and Riotz!
hehe....

Clare
02-21-2003, 12:02 AM
Here's some pics that I was asked to post from the Rioz v. Bea games

Bea!

Clare
02-21-2003, 12:03 AM
Riotz!

Clare
02-21-2003, 12:08 AM
Awww!:p

Dayspring
02-21-2003, 12:08 AM
All I have to say is, I hope you hit her in the hopper. Just to show how superior the Warp Feed is. :D

DiRTyBuNNy
02-21-2003, 12:31 AM
are there any other pics from the Expo that haven't been posted yet?

pbzmag
02-21-2003, 12:37 AM
are there any other pics from the Expo that haven't been posted yet?

I posted more at the HB and Expo pic thread.