PDA

View Full Version : What should I do

02BlueFirehawk
02-04-2003, 05:06 PM
New automag.org user, not new to the automag...

I have a Smartparts Automag (has smartparts valve) with one of the original Boo-yahh trigger systems. It works pretty damn good. It does chop paint though. I obviously need the level-10 but I just read about the x-valve. What I noticed about the x-valve is that it is made from aluminum. That's a big selling point for me because I think my current mag is a tad bit heavy. ~12 lbs. Is the x-valve worth the money (trading in) or should I just go ahead and just get the level 10, suck it up weight-wise, and be happy with just the non-chop? I can sustain about 12-bps without problems but then when a ball chops, it's all downhill from there. I'm also looking forward to less kick from the bolt. :)

Any input would be appreciated,

Rob

darklord
02-04-2003, 05:24 PM
I don't think AGD will accept trade-ins on non-AGD valves. I could be mistaken though. As an owner of a ReTro (well, an e-mag specifically, but still...), I can tell you that the X-valve is worth it. But with the compatability w/ the e-trigger frame might be a little weird, in which case I'd say the level 10 would be your best bet. I've heard a bunch of times on AO that retros/x-valves and boo-yahs/e-trigger frames aren't very compatible.

EsPo
02-04-2003, 05:38 PM
you cant trade in a valve with any aftermarket parts on it.. other than the ones made by agd..

02BlueFirehawk
02-05-2003, 12:46 AM
Thanks for the replies guys.

Maybe AGD can let me know here, I can always email them too. Here's the info on my valve... It's not something I added on later, laser etched on there is the following

"SmartMag"
"Custom Built for Smart Parts"
"68 Automag Classic"
on the other side it has serial number SM01732 and only came with one service star.

If the xvalve doesn't like the e-trigger (I would assume it's a difference with the trigger sear?) then I guess I'll just go ahead with the lvl10.

Cryer
02-05-2003, 01:36 AM
If it has a star, then AGD will service them and SHOULD accept a trade-in.

BTW:

"Custom Built FOR SmartParts"
not
"Custom Built BY SmartParts"
something to consider

I suggest you call them...

silenttype
02-05-2003, 07:52 PM
I ran a Warp on my minimag with a booya and ran 16 per second no problem it was sick on full auto.:D

silenttype
02-05-2003, 07:54 PM
start pumping weights ,the mag is so tight not light:rolleyes: