PDA

View Full Version : Odyssey did a little update on the HALO TSA

nippinout
02-04-2003, 06:09 PM
Sure is narrow.

http://www.odysseypaintball.com/images/tsafeb/tsa-proto.jpg

They don't show the back of the loader very well, if you remember, the old pics showed a little screen thingy.

http://www.odysseypaintball.com/images/halo-tsa2.jpg

They are debuting it at PSP Mardi Gras Feb 20-23, 2003.

Yahoo!

Clare
02-04-2003, 06:11 PM
Almost looks like a ricochet!

darklord
02-04-2003, 06:12 PM
thanks for the update man, I don't check odyssey's site very often!

That hopper kinda looks like a boat, fugly if you ask me. Looks like it's Odyssey's answer to the revvy.

nippinout
02-04-2003, 06:13 PM
The Ricochet is boat loads uglier than this.

I'm guessing the Rip drive thing will be debuting also then.

At least the Odyssey guys can make NURB-ish stuff. :)

Evil Bob
02-04-2003, 06:14 PM
Reminds me of a ricochet. Doesn't appear to have the patented HALO force feed system we've all come to know and love. Looks like a competition for the lower end VL products, probably in the same price range.

-Evil Bob

Havoc_online
02-04-2003, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by CaPoEiRa
Almost looks like a ricochet!
now there going to get sued by them....:rolleyes:

darklord
02-04-2003, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by Havoc_online

now there going to get sued by them....:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :(

I was thinking...what does the TSA stand for? Tiny Screws Aplenty? This Sucks A**? As I recall HALO stood for Highly Advanced Loader Operations or something, so what's the TSA stand for?

freek133
02-04-2003, 06:23 PM
technologically sound activated? I remember the tsa being sound activated.

Hellaspaint
02-04-2003, 06:26 PM
Do you know more details of that new hopper? Weight, bps, batterys, dimensions,It seem's to be very long.
I like the Halo B more.

Load SM5
02-04-2003, 06:30 PM
[i]Originally posted by nippinout
They are debuting it at PSP Mardi Gras Feb 20-23, 2003.

Woohoo, I'll get first crack at one! I want to see how it compares to the reloader.

Cypres0099
02-04-2003, 06:32 PM
I believe TSA stands for tilt sound activation.

The impellar is designed to tilt one way or the other as you lean out of your bunker in order to scoop the balls into the feed neck.

It's supposed to be around the price of a revvy or rico. Sounds like a good idea, I wouldn't mind picking one up.

Grenegopaintball
02-04-2003, 06:37 PM
looks nice. if they do make it after being sued by Brass Eagle and probably Rico because it looks a lot like a rico they I might have to pick one up to see how they preform seeing as how they are in TEXAS and all.....

paintballbeaver
02-04-2003, 06:40 PM
sniff sniff what that i smell another lawsuit

cough "ricoshet" cough

EsPo
02-04-2003, 06:43 PM
looks like a mach 404 from the side to me :)

WARPED1
02-04-2003, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by Evil Bob
Reminds me of a ricochet. Doesn't appear to have the patented HALO force feed system we've all come to know and love. Looks like a competition for the lower end VL products, probably in the same price range.

-Evil Bob It'sd not a force feed loader,says right on the site"The TSA,Odyseeys sound AGITATING loader"

nippinout
02-04-2003, 06:50 PM
The Ricochet is ugly.

Why all this talk about getting sued again?

It's just like any other agitator, no patents on agitating, but it is sound activated.

http://store6.yimg.com/I/actionvillage_1726_348448016

WARPED1
02-04-2003, 06:57 PM
Theres a patent on the infrared eye that detects a gap and begins the agitation sequence.There is no patent on that sequence(the agitating part) as far as I know.

EsPo
02-04-2003, 07:07 PM
BWAHAHA... see what ms paint can do?!

Marchborne
02-04-2003, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by Load SM5

Woohoo, I'll get first crack at one! I want to see how it compares to the reloader.

You'll have to race me to the Odyssey stall. Oh, wait, yer getting into New Orleans a day before me, aren't you? Right, now yer getting lousy cover-fire.

Load SM5
02-04-2003, 08:10 PM
Hahahahahaha....bite me.:D

beefstew
02-04-2003, 08:15 PM
looks pretty fugly to me also. looks too much like that cheapo zap thingy the mach 404.

Maglover2k
02-04-2003, 08:16 PM
They better lower the price from the cost of the halo B considering that this looks like it has the same kind of prop as a 12v revvy.

WARPED1
02-04-2003, 08:28 PM
I like the concept,but I dislike the shape......alot.

WARPED1
02-06-2003, 04:46 PM
Quoted ofro OPP's site:
"HALO TSA is an agitating loader that uses sound activation in combination with tilt-sensing. The sound activation technology recognizes the sound signature of your gun firing to detect when to agitate the balls. The tilt sensing system detects which way the loader is tilted while firing and rotates the agitator in the appropriate way to best feed the balls.

The TSA is not a force-feed loader (like HALO B).
"

-=Squid=-
02-06-2003, 05:10 PM
Wow, I am surprised at how many people didnt know about the TSA! It stands for Tilt Sound Activated, and is going to be around 50-60 dollars. It is designed to compete with the lower end hoppers (lower end to the HALO B that is ;) ) So no, its obviously NOT force fed. It has mercury in it, so so depending on which way your leaning will determine which direction the paddles spin. Obviously there is no eye in it, but it is sound activated. Some of you people need to give it a chance, of course its no HALO, its for those of you who cant afford a HALO :rolleyes: . Also, if I recall this will run off of 9vt bats. I cant wait to try one, of course I will still stick with my halob though. :D

PsychoBaller
02-06-2003, 06:54 PM
I'll stick with my Reloaded Revy.....
Odyssey should look into making their belt drive molding smaller... all that they really have to do... woudl be much better like 2/3 the diameter... would work fine.

O yah, Squid, dunno if you think that sig is funny... but um...lose it, kinda insulting to yours and our intelligence.

~da baller

cockermatt
02-06-2003, 06:56 PM
Now it can hold even less balls. :rolleyes:

TheJester
02-06-2003, 06:58 PM
the rico may be ugly, but it looks hot on my mag, and has yet to let me down, i love mine then again i have done a few things to it...intellifeed, and riged a vibrating reload alarm

manike
02-06-2003, 06:59 PM
Originally posted by cockermatt
Now it can hold even less balls. :rolleyes:

What does that mean?

Apparently they are making it in two different capacities...

cockermatt
02-06-2003, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by manike

What does that mean?

Apparently they are making it in two different capacities...

It was a joke, the first one could hold like 150, this is much slimmer and that's why I said it. :)

Is this just another 'revi' they are making or it going to be replacing the Halo?

-=Squid=-
02-06-2003, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by PsychoBaller
I'll stick with my Reloaded Revy.....
Odyssey should look into making their belt drive molding smaller... all that they really have to do... woudl be much better like 2/3 the diameter... would work fine.

O yah, Squid, dunno if you think that sig is funny... but um...lose it, kinda insulting to yours and our intelligence.

~da baller

Insulting? How? Everyone always has a prob with mine, for whatever reason, CP always changes it...Im not gonna lose my sig because you say so, there is no rule saying it cant be garbled text.

manike
02-06-2003, 07:22 PM
Rumours so far say that this is to compete against the Revy, and that it will be available in two capacities/sizes.

It's not to replace the Halo which according to OPP will still be for sale for 'a long time to come'...