PDA

View Full Version : Anyone in the MD/VA Area???

thephantomguy
02-04-2003, 07:33 PM
Anyone reply here. Looking for people to play with and for a possible team.

Xerces
02-04-2003, 07:55 PM
i usually play at pevs.
a team would be fun, but i hardly ever play speedbal, and i havent been able to play since november :(

thephantomguy
02-05-2003, 05:48 AM
^ Im me at bushmenmd.

_Spork_1
02-05-2003, 10:09 AM
i live in fairfax Va

i usally play at pevs but since their new field sucks i might be switching to VAG

DiRTyBuNNy
02-05-2003, 11:22 AM
I was out in the Delmarva area for a while this past summer and I couldn't find a darn thing.

cockermatt
02-05-2003, 11:31 AM
I play at Pevs infact im going out this weekend.

thecavemankevin
02-05-2003, 11:47 AM
I am in Richmond myself along with a bunch of other AO'ers. I play at splatbros in Prince George County.

Major Ho
02-05-2003, 11:52 AM
Hey dude, Im in fairfax so thats semi-close. This weekend i was gonna go down and practice for a 3 man tourney with Cavemankev and another AO member. But im interested in doing some team stuff in the immediate area too.

SHAZAM-AGD
02-05-2003, 11:55 AM
cave man who do you play with and what is your real name this is shannon captain of Impact

Xerces
02-05-2003, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by _Spork_1
i live in fairfax Va

i usally play at pevs but since their new field sucks i might be switching to VAG

AG owns the hell out of their old field

JAM
02-05-2003, 02:45 PM
I live in Alexandria and am up for playin' wherever...

I've had like 2 mos. off 'cause of the winter and getting married.

can't wait to get out there.

-J

Dave
02-05-2003, 02:50 PM
I'm near Haymarket. Never really been a part of the tourney scene, mostly just scenarios and big games.

-Dave

thecavemankevin
02-05-2003, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by SHAZAM-AGD
cave man who do you play with and what is your real name this is shannon captain of Impact

Hey Shannon, my name is Kevin of course; i don't really have a team at the moment. Major Ho and I and another local guy (i think his AO name is "I can't belive it") will be playing in the yalls Old Dom. March 3 man, but i don't think any of us consider ourselves to be a team. Just throwing it together for the tournament just for fun. I will also be playing in the Top Gun part. Ronn knows me, played with him a bunch of times on rec days out at SB/SZ. Ronn offered me a shot to play for Impact last summer, but due to money and job and so on i just couldn't afford it. Next time i bump into him (or you since your the cap) I want to talk and see about challenging for a spot on the team. I am also working part time at SB's Hull street store.

I think i actually met you once a long-long time ago. Way back when you were still running your store. At least i think it was you.

You coming up next weekend for the big game? I might make it out....?????

Originally posted by JAM

I've had like 2 mos. off 'cause of the winter and getting married.

Sounds familiar...i've been out of playing since November because i just got married Dec 15 :).

thephantomguy
02-05-2003, 07:35 PM
I in fact live around the Bethesda/Chevy Chase area. I will try to get out this weekend although I might not be able to. If you do see me look for my sniper 2(Me Pump cocker for all you that dont know) and a phantom(Another pump)/micromag(Why I'm here)(Brother). I might play at oa since I like it a lot or pevs b/c I have free play passes and such to there. And I like pevs A LOT and there new field does not suck and the scenerio game rocked and I'm waiting for another.

FalconGuy016
02-05-2003, 08:44 PM
i live in fairfax Va

what happened to their field?? they didnt get rid of any did they?

I live in Fairfax also, but I have a team :)

thecavemankevin
02-05-2003, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by FalconGuy016

what happened to their field?? they didnt get rid of any did they?

Their old field from the past many many years closed up and moved....North West....??? I think...

This happened back in august of 2002.

I hear their new field is really nice, just haven't made that far of a trek

Major Ho
02-05-2003, 08:50 PM
bushmenMD...That sounds familiar. I think I talked to you online before. You mentioned something about timing a cocker right?

FalconGuy016
02-05-2003, 08:52 PM
Originally posted by thecavemankevin

Their old field from the past many many years closed up and moved....North West....??? I think...

This happened back in august of 2002.

I hear their new field is really nice, just haven't made that far of a trek

Oh... I think we are talking about different things, I mean I hope they havent gotten rid of any of the fields inside of Pevs@AG, ive been there both before and after pevs influence, and pevs did nothing but make the place better

TheGreatPru
02-05-2003, 10:23 PM
Sounds familiar...i've been out of playing since November because i just got married Dec 15 :).

hey, congrats man.

if you remember, i met you up at pevs (Woodbridge) AO day a year or so back, took your group pictures. and guess what . . . i actully own a mag now too. full circle i guess huh.

LawFox32
02-05-2003, 10:32 PM
Kevin and I play at splatbrothers; both live in Richmond;

and I am playing in the march 3 man also

peace;

Anyways we need to have another big VA AO day I will help out; Don at splatbrothers would be happy to have it

JAM
02-05-2003, 10:48 PM
so you feel my pain... ;)
JK, she's the best and I'm happy!

Congrats to you.

-J

And a VA AO day would be cool, I'd love to put some faces to the screennames.

cledford
02-05-2003, 10:53 PM
i live in fairfax Va

I've played at both. I alway thought VAG sucked huge! They have virtually no improved (bunkered) fields, only 2 speedball and no matter where you're going it seems like you're walking uphill. The last time I was at VAG was for Pev's big game and I swore off that place for good.

Whats wrong with the Pev's/AG? The compound is the best field ever, and the others (except deep woods) are all good also. My only gripe is that the last 2 times I've played there they've had no speed-ball. I can't figure that one out because everyone is usually itching to play it. I understand about team practices (they weren't going on this weekend - but still no speedball) but expect to be able to play some speedball. I hope they haven't cut it out.

-Calvin

Oh and VAG has got to be the worst field ever wtih regard to professionalism. Very poor judge to player ratio, owner opens up when he feels like it, never is ready to go in the morning, I could go on and on...

cockermatt
02-05-2003, 11:06 PM
Originally posted by TheGreatPru

hey, congrats man.

if you remember, i met you up at pevs (Woodbridge) AO day a year or so back, took your group pictures. and guess what . . . i actully own a mag now too. full circle i guess huh.

I was there too, with Kevin, and Ho, ho's brother, Jon, and a friend of mine. Probably don't remember me but oh well.

_Spork_1
02-05-2003, 11:32 PM
Originally posted by cledford

I've played at both. I alway thought VAG sucked huge! They have virtually no improved (bunkered) fields, only 2 speedball and no matter where you're going it seems like you're walking uphill. The last time I was at VAG was for Pev's big game and I swore off that place for good.

Whats wrong with the Pev's/AG? The compound is the best field ever, and the others (except deep woods) are all good also. My only gripe is that the last 2 times I've played there they've had no speed-ball. I can't figure that one out because everyone is usually itching to play it. I understand about team practices (they weren't going on this weekend - but still no speedball) but expect to be able to play some speedball. I hope they haven't cut it out.

-Calvin

Oh and VAG has got to be the worst field ever wtih regard to professionalism. Very poor judge to player ratio, owner opens up when he feels like it, never is ready to go in the morning, I could go on and on...

dude.....they closed their speed ball field

vag does suck, but i'd rather play some speedball than huge woodsfield at an ok field

the pro shop at AG is awsome though

major ho or anyone else that is in fairfax? do any of you go to Frost middle school or Woodson HS, i go to woodson

TheGreatPru
02-05-2003, 11:55 PM
Originally posted by cockermatt

I was there too, with Kevin, and Ho, ho's brother, Jon, and a friend of mine. Probably don't remember me but oh well.

i know Ho (no pun intended), i've seen him around a few times and remember talking to him about a GMU PBClub he wanted to set up, but i think i remember you. did you ever hang out with mark, dan, and anthony ??

LawFox32
02-06-2003, 08:03 AM

DarkRipper asked me to come to that; mmmmm I shoulda gone, I don't think I had the cash, oh well

peace

cockermatt
02-06-2003, 09:04 AM

major ho or anyone else that is in fairfax? do any of you go to Frost middle school or Woodson HS, i go to woodson

Ho is long gone from high school.

i know Ho (no pun intended), i've seen him around a few times and remember talking to him about a GMU PBClub he wanted to set up, but i think i remember you. did you ever hang out with mark, dan, and anthony ??

I played with Mark once, but other then that no.

Originally posted by LawFox32

DarkRipper asked me to come to that; mmmmm I shoulda gone, I don't think I had the cash, oh well

peace

It was a fun day. Besides the fact that I had to buy air! My fill nipple was weird and I couldnt use the scubas.

Marchborne
02-06-2003, 10:12 AM

dude.....they closed their speed ball field

vag does suck, but i'd rather play some speedball than huge woodsfield at an ok field

the pro shop at AG is awsome though

If you're talking about the Pev's@AG speedball fields, they're not closed, just down for a little while due to the mud.

The Pev's big game at VAG was alright, but the big/scenario game at the Pev's@AG field was much better.

TheGreatPru
02-06-2003, 10:28 AM
I played with Mark once, but other then that no.

did you have a sticky 3-way that day ?? or a grey explorer ??

CLeatus
02-06-2003, 12:22 PM
I'm in Manassas, VA, close to Fairfax. I've played at Pev's@AG a few times before and after the switch. I'm GLAD Pev's jumped on at AG. Made a good place that much betta! I don't do speedball at all, I just play woods. I love the fields there!

Major Ho
02-06-2003, 01:41 PM

Im REALLY REALLY bad with names. Who are mark, dan and anthony? I still am trying to start up a club but I need a faculty members signature and I dont really know any faculty. One of the AO members, cant remember his screenname, but danny i think his name was, worked for GMU but never called me back...

Spork: Yeah dude, I feel kinda old since youre trying to ask if anyone is in middle school.

Ill be playing with cavemankev this weekend, in the gross cold snow apparently but hey all in good fun...

TheGreatPru
02-06-2003, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by Major Ho
One of the AO members, cant remember his screenname, but danny i think his name was, worked for GMU but never called me back...

yeah, it was danny. i reminded him for you . . . the other kids never had anything to do with AO, just a couble of guys that i used to hang out with up at the WB field. and i thought that was the one time that i meet cockermatt, but i too am terrible about names.

thecavemankevin
02-06-2003, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by LawFox32

peace

you know, he isn't playing ball anymore :(

Yeah, i think RobAGD is going to organize one for Pev's big sale weekend in March

LawFox32
02-06-2003, 05:14 PM

you know, he isn't playing ball anymore :(

Yeah, i think RobAGD is going to organize one for Pev's big sale weekend in March

yeah I know he quit; I think he is doing WW2 reanactments now;

I think that would be a fantastic AO day; we can set up a convoy from Richmond

thephantomguy
02-06-2003, 05:34 PM
So back to the real point of this thread, who can come pbing this weekend? I will prob go to pevs or oa.

thecavemankevin
02-06-2003, 05:36 PM
i can come this Saturday, but to Splatbro's in Richmond

thephantomguy
02-06-2003, 05:36 PM
Also is there anyone looking to join a team or has one that I can join. I can get a sponsorship from oa easily.

cockermatt
02-06-2003, 06:22 PM

did you have a sticky 3-way that day ?? or a grey explorer ??

Both. :)

cockermatt
02-06-2003, 06:23 PM
Originally posted by CLeatus
I'm in Manassas, VA, close to Fairfax. I've played at Pev's@AG a few times before and after the switch. I'm GLAD Pev's jumped on at AG. Made a good place that much betta! I don't do speedball at all, I just play woods. I love the fields there!

Where in Manassas? I live in Wellington close to the bypass.

cockermatt
02-06-2003, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by thephantomguy
So back to the real point of this thread, who can come pbing this weekend? I will prob go to pevs or oa.

I plan on going to Pevs this weekend, but if hyperball is closed I am going to VAG. You can check out what I will be shooting in my sig in about10 minutes.

_Spork_1
02-06-2003, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by Marchborne

If you're talking about the Pev's@AG speedball fields, they're not closed, just down for a little while due to the mud.

The Pev's big game at VAG was alright, but the big/scenario game at the Pev's@AG field was much better.

yes iknow they are closed till the mud goes away, so that the grass doesn't get torn away

thecavemankevin
02-06-2003, 07:51 PM
dang matt, i know you said you had picked up a timmy, but i didn't realize it was the Ironman, and damn that is pretty!!!

_Spork_1
02-06-2003, 08:15 PM
Also is there anyone looking to join a team or has one that I can join. I can get a sponsorship from oa easily.

that would be fun to make one....

thephantomguy
02-06-2003, 09:00 PM
Yeah it would. All I need is some people. I have my brother and I and we play all the time. The semi's are his and all the pumps are mine(I have a problem j/k). He plays semi only while I play pump only. He's got a micromag and a e-force for a backup and I have a sniper II and a phantom for a backup. I'm looking to start a 3 or 5 man team that would just play cheap tournys as I'm kind of poor but who isnt that plays paintball. I will most likely convert to semi soon(Evil Omen) but only for tournys. Also I can get oa to sponsor a team as I know the owner very well.

TheGreatPru
02-06-2003, 09:06 PM

Both. :)

so i'm not going crazy after all . . . i feel kinda out of the loop now that i dont get to hang out at pevs as much as i used to. :(

DryIce
02-06-2003, 10:14 PM
Me and Snakestang our both on a team from Southern Maryland. Crimescene is the team name... we play at a field called baseone... and occasionaly OA (outdoor adventures)as well as local tournaments

thephantomguy
02-06-2003, 10:19 PM
Cool are you looking for players or what? Ben

_Spork_1
02-06-2003, 10:34 PM
Yeah it would. All I need is some people. I have my brother and I and we play all the time. The semi's are his and all the pumps are mine(I have a problem j/k). He plays semi only while I play pump only. He's got a micromag and a e-force for a backup and I have a sniper II and a phantom for a backup. I'm looking to start a 3 or 5 man team that would just play cheap tournys as I'm kind of poor but who isnt that plays paintball. I will most likely convert to semi soon(Evil Omen) but only for tournys. Also I can get oa to sponsor a team as I know the owner very well.

keep the pump, it would be cool :)

ill be at pevs presidents weekend

cockermatt
02-06-2003, 11:46 PM
dang matt, i know you said you had picked up a timmy, but i didn't realize it was the Ironman, and damn that is pretty!!!

Thanks, I didnt go cheap at all on that thing either, well over $1800 in her. :) Money well spent.

so i'm not going crazy after all . . . i feel kinda out of the loop now that i dont get to hang out at pevs as much as i used to. :(

Now the question is...Who are you? What were you shooting at the AO day? Most of all...How did you rememebr me? lol

Marchborne
02-07-2003, 09:59 AM
Well, I was going to Pev's on Sunday, but with all the snow on the ground... :mad:

Nice timmy, Matt.

_Spork_1
02-07-2003, 10:25 AM
ya, and now my presidents day weekend is getting taken away from me....so i might be going next week

stupid snow is going to make everything so more muddier

TheGreatPru
02-07-2003, 10:32 AM
Now the question is...Who are you? What were you shooting at the AO day? Most of all...How did you rememebr me? lol

i'm dave, and i think i was shooting my blue Works back then, but it could have either been that, my old matrix, or maybe the PBXcal that i had for a while, since i'm not sure about the dates. i only remember you from the day you were out with mark, dan, etc playing 3-man stuff at pevs one Sat, and someone saying that you where matt from the pbnation forums, and happen to remember that you had a sticky 3-way and a grey explorer. i honestly dont remember you from the AO day though . . .

cockermatt
02-07-2003, 04:31 PM

i'm dave, and i think i was shooting my blue Works back then, but it could have either been that, my old matrix, or maybe the PBXcal that i had for a while, since i'm not sure about the dates. i only remember you from the day you were out with mark, dan, etc playing 3-man stuff at pevs one Sat, and someone saying that you where matt from the pbnation forums, and happen to remember that you had a sticky 3-way and a grey explorer. i honestly dont remember you from the AO day though . . .

Are you beerrunner? Well were beer runner...I remember you then, you had the glasses and the matrix and jumped your car. :)

TheGreatPru
02-11-2003, 01:09 PM
Are you beerrunner? Well were beer runner...I remember you then, you had the glasses and the matrix and jumped your car. :)

thats me !!

(and that is the longest list of "RE:" ive ever seen, lol)

Bunny
02-11-2003, 05:36 PM
How many of you AO'ers are going to the Ronn Stern Old dominion tournament on the 16th of March?????Ronn Stern tournament (http://www.ronnstern.com/gear/odt.htm)

I plan on going with my 3-man team "Straight Edge"

thephantomguy
02-11-2003, 06:00 PM
How much is it? No pump class though :( :( :(

thecavemankevin
02-11-2003, 08:22 PM
I'll be in the tournament with Ho, and "ican'tbelieveit" (aka kenny)

No, they don't have a pump class, but there is a "top gun" class.

Bunny, what division are you guys entering?

suddenpaint
02-11-2003, 09:11 PM
for all interested..Team Blitz will be holding a tryout on the 14th at VAG....the are plannig on going to the IAO, and the World Cup..

LawFox32
02-11-2003, 09:50 PM
Originally posted by Bunny
[B]How many of you AO'ers are going to the Ronn Stern Old dominion tournament on the 16th of March????

quite a few; we should make the tourney a mini-AO day and have the AOers all meet up together and set-up together;

suddenpaint
02-11-2003, 09:52 PM
i might go then! that could be amusing to meet everyone...

thephantomguy
02-11-2003, 10:00 PM
What is VAG?

thecavemankevin
02-11-2003, 10:35 PM
and keep in mind the great Ronn Stern will be there!!! along with most of his AGD sponsored team!

cockermatt
02-12-2003, 10:48 AM
What is VAG?

It is a paintball field within about 3 miles of Pevs @ AG. The have 2 barrel fields and the rest are woods.