PDA

View Full Version : Getting my first Automag...

tr0n
02-04-2003, 10:20 PM
Hello. My name is Ryan, you guys will probably see me alot around here, since I'm pretty big on forums and all :D Well anyway, I have played with a few of my friends Mags and I like them way better then my Spyder, so I just figured it is time to move up. I am buying the TKO Powerfeed Automag package from PBGear, along with a 47/3000 nitro and the Smart Parts AA Freak 02 barrel.

Will this be a good gun setup for a Mag noobie like me? Also, do Mags come with allen keys and repair manuals like my Spyder did?

Thanks,
Ryan :D

EsPo
02-04-2003, 10:26 PM
your mag will not only come with an owners manual, it will also come with a tech video! it will not come with allen keys, but you only need 2 allen keys to take your mag completely apart! youve made an excellent choice with the tko mag, thats what i started with. i would suggest getting a drop forward, and an agitated hopper.

Load SM5
02-04-2003, 10:29 PM
Heya, welcome to AO and the nifty world of mags. Keep your hands and arms inside the forums at all times.

You're starting out with a pretty good setup. Make sure to get a good loader to feed the mag, 12 volt revy minimum. Also I recommend the level 10 bolt kit, it'll save you those squeegie issues when you get trigger happy of shortstroke and chop a ball. Set up correctly, chops are almost a thing of the past.

Python14
02-04-2003, 10:39 PM
Welcome to AO. You won't find a better online paintball community.

Your setup sounds very good. Like Load said, LX and a fast loader are about the only things you might be missing. If money is an issue, get the loader first. You might also want to look into a Custom Product barrel. IMO, they have the same quality and precision of high-priced barrels at a price that is more than competative. Give them a good look, you won't regret it. Otherwise, Welcome to the community and enjoy your time.

tr0n
02-04-2003, 10:41 PM
Thanks for the info. I planned on buying an AVI crade, Intelliframe, and a LvL 10 in April (my bday) :D

I already had a 12v / X-Board for my Spyder :)

Maglover2k
02-04-2003, 11:24 PM
Have you ever been to Paintball supplies in woodstock georgia?

tr0n
02-05-2003, 12:05 AM
Nope, can't say I have. I'm getting all of my stuff off of the internet anyway. I play up at Ultimate Paintball now. I haven't been there in about 3 weeks since I'm buying this gun though. I'm assuming youve heard of it :D

davidnj
02-05-2003, 01:09 AM
Nice setup, I also did the spyder---mag upgrade ;D

I'd agree with what you and others have said:

upgrades:
12v revy
lvl 10 bolt
iframe

Maybe later down the road an xvalve. But definitely get the 12v revy and lvlX bolt as I think they really improve the markers performance.