PDA

View Full Version : BLAH, My day just went downhill

digitard
02-05-2003, 02:08 PM
Well my truck failed Emissions a few weeks ago, no biggie ... figured .. just needs a tuneup.

Took it to the shop today, dropped it off ... figured tuneup and oil change and it should be fine. Well I'm wrong ... the reason it failed was cause the Catalytic convertor is DEAD! **which I can believe with the way its been running lately** ... Not to mention a whole slew of parts just warn out and some wiring gone to crap (my trucks got a damaged front end making a lil bit of weather sensitive).

So ... final cost ... $650 to fix it (with labor), thats 645 more than I have :(

My days not so happy right now ...

Sincerely,
Dave K

fire1811
02-05-2003, 02:50 PM
lol
man thats sweeeeett
hehe j/k

see if ya live in a small town and work in the city like
me u dont have to do those nasty little tests :D
even thought my new truck would pass.......i hope?

PolishSausage
02-05-2003, 03:40 PM
For just about any other part of the car, I'd say get a friend to or do it yourself, but those are a pain, good luck with it...

digitard
02-05-2003, 04:11 PM
If I had time to "tinker" and stuff I would ... but I have to get it to pass emissions by Friday before court .. blah!

Sincerely,
Dave K

krafty
02-05-2003, 04:34 PM
Hence the reason I like living in a non-inspection state. :) Then again, it can be annoying driving around here... half of the time you can't see the road because of the big blue cloud coming out of the car in front of you.

alkafluence
02-06-2003, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by krafty
Hence the reason I like living in a non-inspection state. :) Then again, it can be annoying driving around here... half of the time you can't see the road because of the big blue cloud coming out of the car in front of you.

That and Michigan's 75 MPH posted speed limit. I always liked that!

oldsoldier
02-06-2003, 12:54 PM
Mine's going this weekend...I'll prolly face the same thing, so, I'm right there with ya.