PDA

View Full Version : Shippin times???

bigdawg_69
02-05-2003, 06:11 PM
has any one had a problem lately shippin to and from canada. cause it has beeen 2 weeks now since me my gun was shipped to me and still no sign of it. It is coming from tn and goin to ont. just wonderin if any one else has had a problem with the border?

cris8762
02-05-2003, 07:06 PM
who would want to ship anything to CANADA?!;) :p

SpongeBobSquarePants
02-05-2003, 07:11 PM
Yes shipping to canda is very slow I shipped a money order to canda the Dec 26 and he didnt recieve it till jan 3 thats 8 days or just a money order

bigdawg_69
02-05-2003, 10:10 PM
well the guy told me he shipped the mag out the jan 21 and it still hasnt come?!?!?!? ne suggestion on what ta do

Koosh
02-06-2003, 12:14 AM
You don't want to hear this...

I shipped a gun out September 27, 2002, from Loveland Colorado to Alberta Canada... It was recieved almost 3 months later, in the middle of December!

It took 10 weeks for it get delivered, the post office told me it would be there in two!

It didn't really matter to me though, the gun I traded for was shipped UPS, and got to me in 7 days :)

shartley
02-06-2003, 07:43 AM
Yes, shipping to Canada is notoriously unpredictable. I have sent things that arrived days later (believe it or not LOL), and things that took a LONG time to reach their destination. I have never lost anything though, so that is a good thing.

covadsucks
02-06-2003, 01:28 PM
Should you need to ship anything to Canada use an outside source like UPS. You'll need a commercial bill of lading (actually three, one for you, for UPS and for Customs) but seeing as how they can provide, create or let you photocopy your own it should be just fine. I used to ship stuff to Canada all the time and never had any delivery issues at all.

shartley
02-06-2003, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by covadsucks
Should you need to ship anything to Canada use an outside source like UPS. You'll need a commercial bill of lading (actually three, one for you, for UPS and for Customs) but seeing as how they can provide, create or let you photocopy your own it should be just fine. I used to ship stuff to Canada all the time and never had any delivery issues at all.
I ship to Canada quite often and use USPS Priority Mail. And all I need to do is fill out the standard customs form. Never a problem… not once.

covadsucks
02-06-2003, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by shartley
Yes, shipping to Canada is notoriously unpredictable. I have sent things that arrived days later (believe it or not LOL), and things that took a LONG time to reach their destination. I have never lost anything though, so that is a good thing.

Delayed shipment were never a problem, I find that very hard to believe. By your own account you have stated that it was "notoriously unpredictable".

Not trying to flame, but aren't you contradicting yourself? :(

shartley
02-06-2003, 08:16 PM
Originally posted by covadsucks
Delayed shipment were never a problem, I find that very hard to believe. By your own account you have stated that it was "notoriously unpredictable".

Not trying to flame, but aren't you contradicting yourself? :(
No, it was not a contradiction. Yes, I have had delayed shipment.. but not for HUGE amounts of time. And honestly, I have had the same thing when sending mail here in the US at times (not business mail).

So no, I don’t consider “notoriously unpredictable” a contradiction to me not having any problems. I don’t consider a delay, but eventual delivery (and no major wait, such as a month or more, but I do concider 3 weeks when it should take 3 days LONG) a problem. But I would call fast delivery and then slow delivery quite unpredictable.

See my point? Unpredictable, but no problem… no contradictions.

Kevmaster
02-07-2003, 09:42 AM
I dont ship to canada anymore. the times just vary terribly. Ive had packages make it in 8 days and 8 weeks. its just a terrible system. When I do have to ship to canada...i only ship with Global Priority from USPS...4-7 day shipping