PDA

View Full Version : Medusa trigger in APG magizine

Mgwannabie
02-05-2003, 11:17 PM
well here is that medusa trigger, they are already advertizing it and its not out yet.....unless im not up with the times, but someone over at pbreview's forums got one accedently in the mail so u can check over there for the thread.

here is the article

-sCaN-
02-06-2003, 12:40 AM
There was a PTP micro cocker that i saw a while back witht that on. I figured it was a custom job and now am suprised to see that it wasnt. The person said it shot fast and smooth. Thats all i have.

sCaN

puckmaster
02-06-2003, 12:43 AM
It doesnt look as good as an intelliframe. probably doesnt even perform as good.

-Xugg-
02-06-2003, 01:16 AM
the trigger pull looks like its 3/4 as long as the i-frame :rolleyes:

ArthurDent
02-06-2003, 01:34 AM
that thing looks old school, when i first saw the pic i thought it was from the mid 90s not a new trig....

Army
02-06-2003, 02:49 AM
Hmm...They left the "return" magnets on the bottom. Unfortunately, this means the trigger pressure stacks up. It gets harder to pull the further you pull it, since you are going against the "repulse" field.

When I was playing with the prototype, I suggested they lose those magnets, as they simply replaced a spring with no advantages but a higher cost to you.

Guess that shows how much folks listen to me:(

FooTemps
02-06-2003, 02:50 AM
that looks really... worthless...

Blazestorm
02-06-2003, 02:52 AM
I know someone who accidently got a prototype... he ordered a single benchy from PTP and got the medusa frame, I'm trying to convince him to sell it to me :D

rikkter
02-06-2003, 06:09 AM
lol thats great blaze.
i can see PTP going
hey, wheres that prototype we were working on?
uh
uh
*your friend out playing with it*

Bront
02-06-2003, 11:18 AM
It's a thread over at PBReview. Apparently he got it for $85 (Not bad for a nonexistant product that you actualy get).

Snertz
02-06-2003, 12:42 PM
Army, I thought those magnets pulled the trigger, not repelled it. That would yield a lighter trigger pull.

I guess not since the magnets are for the trigger return..

fearc7
02-06-2003, 01:11 PM
ewwww, dump those grips! I bet if you could turn a magnet around you would get a gain in the pull instead of a repel. Sounds like a pretty resonable thing to do.:rolleyes:

Vendetta
02-06-2003, 02:12 PM
This really hurts. :(

old school, when i first saw the pic i thought it was from the mid 90s

Muzikman
02-06-2003, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by fearc7
ewwww, dump those grips! I bet if you could turn a magnet around you would get a gain in the pull instead of a repel. Sounds like a pretty resonable thing to do.:rolleyes:

I tried that, and my guess is that it's supose to be that way. The frame that Army saw is the same frame I own and the magnest might have gotten flipped. We'll see how it works.

edweird
02-06-2003, 03:03 PM
The repusing magnets are just a sad attempt at a poormans reactive trigger

the closer it would get to the sear point the higher the resistance would become ... Unfortunatly with use the magnets would undoubtedly slowly degauss and lose the "effectiveness"

in other words J.U.N.K.

oh btw flipping the magnets would have a terrible effect to the frame... the trigger would undoubtedly stay in a pulled position until you pushed it back.

Still J.U.N.K.

Army
02-06-2003, 03:32 PM
There are "pull" magnets at the top of the trigger, ala Emag. And you can see the one at the bottom. The top ones hold the trigger up and away from the sensor switch, the bottom ones repulse each other, theoretically "bouncing" the trigger. This results in a stacking trigger pull.

fearc7
02-06-2003, 09:42 PM
the trigger would not stay pulled on an automag, the valve would push it back

Python14
02-06-2003, 09:50 PM
my, it looks like APG spilled about an ounce of House of Color "Ugly as sin #5" on one of their master copies.