PDA

View Full Version : Possibe slip clutch for the warps

lamby
02-06-2003, 06:00 AM
I was researching some timing belts for an aplication at work, and started to ponder my old R/C car days (they used these belts) when it hit me. Why not setup a slip clutch assy on the warps? This would have a few major benefits with no real negitives (other than maybe adding a few ounces).

Take a look at this rough drawing of what I am talking about. This is not to scale, just a referance. This will give us adjustablity, keep us from replacing belts all the time and should be more efficient on batteries (it was in the R/C world)

Let me hear some feed back.
Thanks

LawFox32
02-06-2003, 11:49 AM
sounds interesting, but I am kinda confused about it; how would it improve the warp

lamby
02-06-2003, 01:18 PM
It would prevent the slipping of the drive belt on the motor pulley to prevent the belts from becoming loose and not effective. Also this which would then allow the user to adjust the amount of force that you would like to exert on the paintballs. Depending on the amount of slip will determain the amount of spin of the disks in association with the dwell timings. This may be over kill, but I am an engineer and that is what we do :)

LawFox32
02-06-2003, 01:36 PM
I gotcha sounds cool; I think it is a lil overkill b/c it just more adjustment, and they work fine stock

nerobro
02-10-2003, 08:35 AM
the rubber band IS the slipper clutch. That's why it's there ;-) that's why the halo uses a rubber band.