PDA

View Full Version : best Automag barrel?

flyboy7
02-06-2003, 03:27 PM
What is the best barrel and length for a 68 Mag with powerfeed? I'm planning on getting this gun and I would appreciate anyone's input. Thanks. :D

LawFox32
02-06-2003, 03:31 PM
there isn't really a best barrel; its all personal opinion and paint to barrel match;
barrel kits are sometimes better than plain barrels;

my preference is 12inch; and I use a freak kit for my mag;

it would be better to ask; what is your favorite or what automag barrel has worked best for you

peace

Koosh
02-06-2003, 05:36 PM
If you don't want to get one of those $200 kits, There are two cheap(er) barrels I would reccomend.

The Lapco Bigshot. Its 50 bucks, works WONDERFULLY with pretty much any bore size ball. The price/performance ratio can NOT be beat.

The Smart Parts All American. Personally, this is my favorite barrel. It always seems to shoot darts, plus being very quiet.

But if you ask 10 different people, you'll get 10 different answers as to what is the best barrel...

Quiet
02-06-2003, 05:47 PM
I use a 12" freak myself. If you can afford a kit by all means get it so that you can match your barrel bore to your paint, there's a few of them out there and no definitive answer as to which is best. If you are looking to a single barrel I would suggest looking for something that fits the size of paint you normally use. I've found the All American pretty good with almost all kinds of paint but I'm sure there are others.

Ityl
02-06-2003, 05:55 PM
I had an all american and an autospirit. A friend had a bigshot. The lapcos were cheaper and shot as good or better than the AA. I'd go lapco. If paint is small go autospirit, if medium go bigshot. Or get both for about $100 and you're covered in most conditions.

boss_automager
02-06-2003, 05:59 PM
Ive heard alot of ppl think that the all american/ j&j barrels are the best for mags. I use a 12 inch all american, you can get the 01 all as for 40$ on paintballgear.com.