PDA

View Full Version : LVL10 and AntiChopEye necessary?

veteranmag
02-06-2003, 04:16 PM
Is there a reason that one would need both A.C.E. and LVL10? Both systems, working on different principles, prevent ball breaks in the breech.

Ultimator
02-06-2003, 04:32 PM
Well based on necessities .. all one really needs is food, water, and shelter. But that's a different story.

I suppose it's all about reliability, veteranmag. If one goes down you always have the other.

That and they're two expensive little gizmos you can put on your x-mag :)

Cypres0099
02-06-2003, 04:53 PM
Level 10 also prevents ball breakage down the barrel so yes, they are both useful.

Evil Bob
02-06-2003, 05:01 PM
Typically, an anti chop eye doesn't completely halt the bolt if a ball doesn't drop into the chamber, it merely waits a predetermined amount of time, usually just long enough for a ball to drop into the chamber under gravity, before allowing the bolt to slide forward. This means that is it still capable of chopping a ball that is only halfway into the chamber.

This is where level 10 comes in, if the bolt comes forward on a ball halfway in, it resets itself and allows the ball to drop.

You really do want to both.

-Evil Bob

PsychoBaller
02-06-2003, 06:43 PM
No, both are not necessary; someone did a poll weeks ago whether people would rather have LX or ACE or both in their Mags, the winner was LX by a landslide..

The reason LX won was unfair though, since most people don't have ACE capability in their guns, since there are only like 200ish Xmags out, and 35-40 SFLs.

But in any case... I like my LX and ACE in my SFL... but sometimes I turn the ACE off so I can practice at lower BPS, as not to waste paint n such.

SFL ACE Mode:
ACE on - programable up to 24
ACE off - programable up to 16

~da baller

Nobody077
02-06-2003, 09:43 PM
I personaly feel that the ACE is just like Vertfeed, All for sales and braging rights;). If the LX is adjusted right then your chances of chopping are very low and the ACE will only get in the way. What I mean by get in the way is the ACE will not alow you gun to shoot if no ball is in the breach, How are you going to get a ball in the breach without a shot singal to activate your inteli feed Revi or warp ,or the viberation of a shot to trigger your warp or Rico? Just My thoughts on the idea

demonguy8
02-06-2003, 11:11 PM
Originally posted by Cypres0099
Level 10 also prevents ball breakage down the barrel so yes, they are both useful.

...THERE ARE NO LITTLE ELVES IN THERE TO PREVENT BARREL BREAKS..but anywayz to answer your question, YES BOTH ARE NEEDED. NEITHER THE LVL10 OR ACE SYSTEMS ARE PERFECT (contrary to popular AO beliefs) Tom is a good engineer not a god...

The best thing to compare it too is contraception.. Neither the pill nor condoms are 100% effective against pregnancy. You can (and quite succesfully might I add)get by with only one of them but its SAFER to use both..(maybe not the BEST example since noone Ive ever heard of uses both but then again neither lvl10 or ACES are as good at prevention as the afformentioned contraceptives..)

Cypres0099
02-06-2003, 11:20 PM
the LX in no way shape or form prevents barrel breaks

That's funny I didn't know pre level 10 mags (or any other gun for that matter) could shoot cases upon cases of hellfire without any barrel breaks...

The Level 10 bolt was designed to have two speed stages so the bolt wouldn't fracture the ball in the stack, which would in turn cause the ball to blow up in the barrel.

In my opinion level 10 has just about as much to do with breakage down the barrel as it does with chopping.

But I do agree with you about the ACE, it does not prevent barrel breaks at all.

demonguy8
02-06-2003, 11:23 PM
imho if the bolt fractures the ball... it is a CHOP not barrel break... I dont care where the paint is, only whats breaking it (I do care where it is when I go to clean it however :) )

so were both right, we just have different definitions of "chop" and "barrel break"