PDA

View Full Version : Got my roller trigger kit.

Ultimator
02-06-2003, 04:29 PM
Well I came home today to find an envelope from UPS at my door. Sure enough it was my roller trigger :) Well I have to say I'm kind of mad with UPS. There was a little tear (or hole) in the envelope (looked like it had been smushed) that went all the way through the invoice and both little baggies that the roller trigger comes in. I opened up the kit and everything is there except I'm missing one of those tiny little screws ... unless it's only supposed to come with 3 screws. Other than that I can't wait to get it in my impy trigger.

On another note ... what size tap do I need for the holes? Just figured I'd ask that here instead of going to Home Depot and waiting for them to figure it out.

Kevmaster
02-06-2003, 04:35 PM
it comes with 4 screws....you can get a new one at home depot for $.05

and they re 4-40 threads...

Ultimator
02-07-2003, 07:39 AM
Thanks kev. Did you get a roller trigger too?

thecavemankevin
02-07-2003, 10:41 AM
hope mine will be here today

JT2002
02-07-2003, 11:07 AM
what guns are the roller triggers for?

speeddemon
02-07-2003, 11:46 AM
any gun really, but it works much easier on an electro. course the trigger has to be big enough to fit the roller.

Smokee_2_7
02-07-2003, 12:10 PM
Paul, Bring it up to the shop sometime. We have a tap set, and im pretty sure you should be able to find the right size. That way, you can save some money. .

carl

beam
02-07-2003, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by thecavemankevin
hope mine will be here today

TCMK -- All of us Hyperframe owners are waiting to hear how your's goes. So make sure you post about it.

btw, did you do any modifications to your hyperframe's microswitch to lighten it? or is it stock?

JT2002
02-07-2003, 12:34 PM
where can i find one? will they work for Classic Intimidators?

hitech
02-07-2003, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by beam
All of us Hyperframe owners are waiting to hear how your's goes. So make sure you post about it.

BTW, did you do any modifications to your hyperframe's microswitch to lighten it? or is it stock?

BTW, I got mine (two of 'em) today. One is going on my hyperframe. The switch is stock, but I purchased another one from Radio Shack or I can lighten it if I need to. I'm going to try the stock switch first. I'll be sure to let everyone know how it goes.

The other kit is going on an Angel.

BTW (again) everything in the kit is smaller than I expected. It must just look bigger in the pictures. :D

JT2002
02-07-2003, 02:39 PM
WHERE CAN I BUY IT!!!

beam
02-07-2003, 03:48 PM
You can't at least not yet. I think Tom is trying to determine whether or not to make more....the first batch sold a lot faster than he thought they would.

thecavemankevin
02-07-2003, 07:37 PM
Originally posted by beam

btw, did you do any modifications to your hyperframe's microswitch to lighten it? or is it stock?

yes and no....i have two switches (stock and trigger job one)
and i will try it on both

link to trigger job
http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=37414&highlight=hyperframe+trigger+job

_Spork_1
02-07-2003, 09:24 PM
hey cave men were you at AG last sunday?

i saw a hypermag their

thecavemankevin
02-08-2003, 12:05 AM
Originally posted by _Spork_1
hey cave men were you at AG last sunday?

i saw a hypermag their

it wasn't me :)

Well, i got my kit and will install it this week, but i think my trigger is going to need to be shaved a little bit. It appears to be a bit too wide for the width of the roller. I will have some pics up ASAP

Ultimator
02-09-2003, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by Smokee_2_7
Paul, Bring it up to the shop sometime. We have a tap set, and im pretty sure you should be able to find the right size. That way, you can save some money. .

carl D'oh doc ... wish I woulda read this sooner. I'll bring it and my trigger to the shop early on tuesday and we can rig it up on there. I probably need that drill press anyway so I get a straight hole.

UP ... this thread seems to have some valuable information. So the tap I need is a 4-40 tap?

agdmatrix
02-09-2003, 11:52 PM
where can i order the roller trigger?

darklord
02-10-2003, 12:01 AM
Originally posted by agdmatrix
where can i order the roller trigger? There were only 10 produced. Tom should be making some more, in accordance with his poll (he asked how many ppl would buy them), but other than that, only 10 were made.