PDA

View Full Version : Question about E-Filing my Taxes...

Koosh
02-06-2003, 08:22 PM
ok.. just a quick question... Can I file my Federal Taxes online? I know I can file the state ones, but what is the website for Federal ones?

I've looked on www.irs.gov , but I can't find a link for the actual Tax worksheet itself, just links to places that do it for you...

Any help?

shartley
02-06-2003, 08:27 PM
I just went and printed out all the forms I needed and Instruction packets and did it on my dining room table. Me and my Wife did our taxes Tuesday night.

I thought about e-filing, but my taxes were so complicated that I just scrapped the idea as soon as I thought of it. Sorry I can’t be of more help. Why not just file normally?

Koosh
02-06-2003, 08:30 PM
I could, but I get a refund, and that comes back quicker if you E/Telefile.

Plus I'm only 18 so my taxes aren't that complicated...

beam
02-06-2003, 10:15 PM
I've e-filed for the last three years. Yes, you can efile federal. And you can only e-file state if you e-file federal. I stopped by wal-mart and picked up TurboTax deluxe (used it since '98) and was completely done by 10:00 that night. Confirmed on Wed. night and the refund will be direct deposited probably next week! I love it!

Oh, and I don't have that complicated of a return, but I do have a mortgage, 4 kids, student load interest, charitable donations, etc. I have itemized the last two years! I love how it can import the previous year's info and make it sooooo easy to do year after year. It checks for the lates regs, checks for errors, checks for audit triggers, and this year I've noticed some other features.

Hahahaha sorry to be bragging so much, it's just that I actually like doing my taxes! Last year, my refund was in the bank by Feb. 10. Im trying to beat that this year! :D

shartley
02-07-2003, 08:09 AM
Sounds like it DOES make things fun. LOL Mine was FAR from being fun. And I didn’t itemize as much as I could have. But with much of the same things you mentioned and a business to boot…. Grrrrrr I have been thinking of Turbo Tax for a couple years, but always end up doing it by hand. LOL

Last year I was totally filed by mid January, but this year it was this past week. Not bad though. :D It is a good thing when your numbers show a profit AND you don’t have to pay any more to Uncle Sam…. And you get some back. :D

ShooterJM
02-07-2003, 11:39 AM
Um go to like quicken or turbotax's website. They'll charge ya like $10 but you can submit it through there. Then you don't have to buy the software or anything. That's what I do.

virus
02-07-2003, 07:43 PM
taxact.com $7.95 to efile

that is what i usally use... though this time around i was sent a voucher for my MA state taxes and a note sayin that they dont offer it anymore but i could goto turbotax.com and do it there and enter my code to file for free....

turbotax was painless and at the end my voucher covered both fed and st so i got to file it for free this year.....

so either taxact.com or turbotax.com will work for you....

ben_JD
02-08-2003, 07:10 PM
There are several tax sites that will efile your taxes for free if you are only filing a 1040EZ (which, if you are 18, is a better-than-even possibility).

Try:

Turbo Tax (http://www.turbotax.com)

or

TaxCut (http://www.taxcut.com)