PDA

View Full Version : Stuck bolt (not this thread again...)

Da1spaz247
02-06-2003, 10:21 PM
Ok, I almost feel like an idiot asking about this because of how simple mags are and how well I understand them.

When I fire my gun, every once and a while, when I short stroke (not very often), the bolt gets stuck. So I read the back of the power tube spacer set and found out that all you have to do is put in a longer spacer, right? Well, I did that and it still gets stuck (rarely, but I have to use a pencil to push the bolt back into position). I found that when I move the bolt in and out with my hand, it kind of gets hung up on the power tube o-ring. I'm pretty sure its not supposed to do that (leads me to believe that the inside rod of the bolt is too big). I just bought a retro valve off this forum, and since I got it, its been doing that. I am using an ANS venturi bolt (the center of my stock bolt somehow shot out(pretty safe huh?)). When I had my stock AIR valve, it didn't do that, even with the ANS bolt. So what do you guys think?

Boble86
02-06-2003, 10:37 PM
dont short stroke :D haha

Da1spaz247
02-06-2003, 10:41 PM
It usually only happens when I am demonstrating how fast I can shoot my "non-electro" gun. I wouldn't mind it, but I actually have to stick something in the feed tube to push the bolt back into cocked position. Impossible in the heat of battle(especially with balls in the way).

Peach
02-06-2003, 11:46 PM
The ANS bolt is likely the problem... Also... The bolt should not be going through the oring unless its a lvl-x... the oring goes in first... then the spacer.

Da1spaz247
02-06-2003, 11:55 PM
What I meant was, when I slide the bolt back and fourth on the powertube, it binds a little right before it gets all the way back, which I'm assuming is where the bolt is getting stuck when firing.

Peach
02-07-2003, 12:37 AM
I think it would be your ANS bolt... Goto your shop and try out a stock bolt for kicks... Just sliding it back and forth.. Do you have the bumper that the bolt is supposed to hit?? Other then that... I'm out of ideas.

athomas
02-07-2003, 09:48 AM
Make sure the bumper is on the front of the valve between the bolt and valve front. Put a longer power tube spacer in unless you have the longest one in now.

Check the bolt spring. A worn bolt spring will also cause bolt stick problems.