PDA

View Full Version : Ok lots of Questions here

Chonky
02-07-2003, 05:13 AM
Ok first off im not trying to bash AGD just looking for answers.
First off, I was wondering why does AGD bother makeing other products like the roller trigger, and the y frame? why not put all there efforts into getting the x-mag into stores and into peoples hands? i mean it seems to me if there booked up till june they have a good thing going, so why go off and take more man power in makeing other products, why not focus all attention on your major item?
I also have another question, why doesnt AGD take more time to promte there products more, for example everytime i turn my head theres a Cocker or angel or timmy banner hangging on the wall. Also why doesnt AGD sponser any pro teams i know they sponser like 2 i think but, in my opion wouldnt it be better to sponser alot of pro teams to get your products moving, and known amoung the public.
The reason i ask is, i play at SC Village and everyone there is a cocker or angel or timmy user etc... im worried about spending 1500 on a x-mag, i mean why should i spend my money on a product that i hardley ever see except for a few pictures on the internet. im also not only talking about the x-mag im talking about all mags in general. Im just saying 1500 is alot of money to me and took me along time to save and i dont want to spend my money on something that people always trash, and i can really only belive them becasue i hardley ever see a mag on the feild, i think out of the 2 years iv been playing iv only seen a hand full of mags at sc village. from all these forums iv read it seems to me yes AGD is a very good company as far as there product goes seems like everyone is happy, wich to me is a good thing, i aslo see they have great customer care.
but i mean its just hard for me to forke that money over for something iv never used or seen, to me as a customer it worrys me about some of these things.
p.s. again im not trying to bash agd in any way just wondering y..

zack

SHAZAM-AGD
02-07-2003, 05:33 AM
money it all boils down to money and man hours natioinal paintball is bigger than Airgun so they have more money and manhours to push the timmy's plus the oldest and maybe the most respected captain makes them so it is a no brainer as to why you see them everywhere but I know for a fact that more timmie and angel boards are replaced in a month than x-mag boards...why AGD puts out a higher quality peice of equipment.

What sold me on the x-mag is this...it is the ONLY electric gun on the market that if you forget to charge your battery or it goes dead in a game or you have any electric problems at all you flick one switch and the guns turns into a rt trigger which is still capable of electric firing rates....

plain and simple nothing else on the market can do that and that means you stay alive and are still in the game instead of pissing and moaning on the sidelines why some other player on your team gets all the glory...

hope this answers some of you questions...

Xerces
02-07-2003, 07:16 AM
if i was you i would buy it. if you're not sure, then wait untill all of the preorders are filled, maybe then you'll start seeing more at your field. if you're not sure you will like it or not, then see if you cant get ahold of a friends to shoot a few rounds to see if you like the way it fires. and even if people at your field bash it, you still have a damn beautiful gun, that i dont think you will have a problem reselling in the calssifieds here.

Hellaspaint
02-07-2003, 08:01 AM
The roads are not full of Porche, Mercedes etc cars!
It means Porche, Mercedes etc are not high quality cars?
Most times in most products massive production is not equal with high quality.
Just an opinion!!!

FalconGuy016
02-07-2003, 08:17 AM
Originally posted by Hellaspaint
The roads are not full of Porche, Mercedes etc cars!
It means Porche, Mercedes etc are not high quality cars?
Most times in most products massive production is not equal with high quality.
Just an opinion!!!

Lol my roads are, just cause I live in Northern VA

dropkick1
02-07-2003, 08:32 AM
why worry about what other people have and are using, use what u want but don't not buy one b/c there arn't many people around using them.

ken

Load SM5
02-07-2003, 08:37 AM
The X-mags are all hand built and take time. They were released slowly to check for issues and have a bit of field testing. They also have to have the bodies shipped over from AGD Europe. All of this takes time but the process is speeding up. You'll see more of them as time goes on.

As far as sponsorship, AGD tried it with the Jax Warriors and it did'nt pan out in the long run. They do sponsor 3 other teams and well as persoanlly sponsor a few individuals. A side note, Manny from Aftershock did ok with his E-mag this World Cup.

madmatt151
02-07-2003, 09:25 AM
I like the analogy of the mags to high end sports cars. I am a sports cars enthusiast and love the fact that my Mag is now my "Ferrari" of the field! Sice its mostly RED I am naming it Ferrari!!! HA HA!! So if Mags are like Porches and Ferraris, then what are the cockers and Timmys? They must be SUVs! Everyone gets one just because everyone else does! BE INDIVIDUAL, Drive an AutoMag.... I mean shoot! ;)

ezrunner
02-07-2003, 09:33 AM
not a mag v/s cocker comment again.

Mags are experiencing a resurgance thanks largely to
Tom being back at AGD with more time to push his product farther.

The cocker is one of the best all around markers out there.
As a mechanical gun it is awesome. The gun is fast, quiet accurate,
and there are a host of upgrades.

Now let's look at the Electro Cockers. There is a good comparison.

The emag/xmag has the hybrid nature which is its best point
in my mind. Beyond that a marker is a marker. You learn
what it takes to keep it working
and you do that.

The mags had seriously waned for a while, but the price cuts
and the RT Pro made it more easy to obtain. The emag/xmag
is bringing to the higher end of the market.

Tom got his ducks in a row and is shooting them all one by one.

Will the xmag be the biggest thing to hit paintball ever?
probably not. Do you want it to be?
Not if you own one. Tell me you don't like it when you go
to a field and are the first and or only one with a certain
gun and it is fast and people are asking you about it all day.

-rob