PDA

View Full Version : Minimag Question

pbcustom98
02-07-2003, 01:40 PM
I'm buying a new Minimag from www.pbgear.com this weekend, and was wondering what I would need for a gas-thru grip/drop setup. I don't know what I need to set it up either (hoses..etc). What is a good gas-thru foregrip and drop?

Also is the SP Tear Drop a good barrel for Diablo Blaze paint?

Thanks
Daniel

pbcustom98
02-08-2003, 09:36 AM
bump

Remington
02-08-2003, 10:03 AM
If your looking for some nice stuff cheap I would get a 32* Degrees gas-thru and a Smart Parts Drop Forward. I have used both and they are very nice. I haven't used a Tear Drop barrel but you shouldn't have any problems using Diablo paint with it. Good luck! :D

Edited for spelling.

pbcustom98
02-08-2003, 10:23 AM
Thanks for the reply. Ill take a look at the gas thru and the drop. I might also get a TKO, but I'm not sure yet. Any suggestions?

Thanks
Daniel

FalconGuy016
02-08-2003, 10:35 AM
I suggest the minimag, but its more cost effective to get TKO

BTW, post this under "Paintball Talk" You wont get many replies here

Remington
02-08-2003, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by pbcustom98
Thanks for the reply. Ill take a look at the gas thru and the drop. I might also get a TKO, but I'm not sure yet. Any suggestions?

Thanks
Daniel

Personally? I would search around the forums here. You can find a mag that already has pretty much everything you want for less than what pbgear.com is selling mags for. Just make sure you see what your getting before you even consider buying something from someone. Your basic setup should be the following:

[list=1]
Powerfeed body
Drop Forward(depending on whether or not you play woodsball or speedball)
Aftermarket barrel in good shape
Possibly a double trigger frame(depends on how much paint you'll be shooting)
Nitrogen or CO2 depending on how much cash you have available
12v revy(again only if you'll be shooting a lot of paint)
[/list=1]

Just look around the Markers forum and you should find something you like.

EDIT: DO NOT BUY ANYTHING WITH AN AFTERMARKET VALVE PART! BUY ONLY STOCK VALVES! You should also PM Tunaman and see if he has any mags for cheap.

pbcustom98
02-08-2003, 01:32 PM
Falcon--> Thanks for the info on posting.

Remington--> Thanks, I'll definitely take a look at the used mags on AO. I knew AO had them, but didn't know mags resale was so cheap even though they are tricked out.

Thanks
Daniel