PDA

View Full Version : another, I Really Hate Paintballgear

BajaBoy
02-07-2003, 04:41 PM
as some of u know im going to skirmish's winter tourny.
i Needed some stuff.

i ordered a new lens for jt mask (mine has stress cracks)
a sockhet bc i wanna look good n stay warm;)
and a gasline for my gun.

i got. a Wierd lens
a black tank cover
and the wrong marco linekit. (i got micro)

And i spent a good sum to have it overnighted so i can have it for tomarrow. I really wanna say some things but i cant on here.

i hate them SO MUCH:mad:

Ultimator
02-07-2003, 04:45 PM
Put the tank cover on your head :-D

Lately I've heard a lot more bad then good to do with PBGear.

BajaBoy
02-07-2003, 04:49 PM
Originally posted by Ultimator
Put the tank cover on your head :-D

ha my dad was jokin around when he got it and was like u must have a narrow head for this hat lol

AcemanPB
02-07-2003, 05:13 PM
My friend ordered some stuff last week, most of his order was right but instead of giving him Smartparts black stickies they gave him 32 degrees green LCD stickes!

EsPo
02-07-2003, 05:13 PM
how is the lens wierd?

sockhats are really dumb anyway...

i could do with micro ;)

its odd.. ive ordered from pballgear like 50 times.. never once have i had a problem..odd..

rdb123
02-07-2003, 05:41 PM
EsPo: well you're just lucky. ;)

Recently, they tried to tell me that I didn't have 50 dollars in a 50 dollar money order I sent them. (yes, you read that correct).

-Ron

minimag187
02-07-2003, 05:46 PM
Ive ordered 3 guns (all mags) and tons of apparel, a flatline, cases of paint, and some more and havent had ONE problem. I do hear some bad though.

pito189
02-07-2003, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by Ultimator

Because you don't see anybody making a post whenever they make an order, and everything goes fine do you.

Vash02
02-07-2003, 06:27 PM
Well i used to not believe what people said about pbgear cause i ordered alot of things from there with no problems. Unfortunatly my luck ended. about a month before christmas i ordered lots of stuff for the mag i knew i was getting and we got a backordered message on my friends halo the next day. No problem he just canceled that and told them to send the rest. about 2 weeks later we got a message saying the macroline was out of stock. well to say the least 2 months went by without one more peep out of them saying the order was shipped. eventually i just canceled my whole order. I guess i wouldnt really care cause it only happened once but my feeling is that right around x-mas you should anticipate the large sales and stockpile extra items. Macroline is not a huge item, i mean a paintball store should have miles of that stuff layin around. and not only that, they didnt even tell me how my order was going. im still gonna do business with pbgear but i now understand what people complain about.

FutureMagOwner
02-07-2003, 06:29 PM
put the tank cover on your head and cut out eye and mouth holes so its like a ski mask! and lemme see the lense so i can see what kind it is. also if they give you a micro kit you could probably trade it with someone

Ultimator
02-07-2003, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by pito189

Because you don't see anybody making a post whenever they make an order, and everything goes fine do you. No but you see one of these threads at least once a week and usually there's a lot of people saying "NUH UH PBGEAR IS THE BOMB" but look at this no one has said that they were great or anything.

:rolleyes:

pito189
02-07-2003, 06:43 PM
They are great I have used them countless times, and I will stand behind them.

Last order I made had not one problem. Ordered got the free shipping for going over $100. Called that afternoon because I hadn't done it right. They had to credit me because the order had already shipped. The person on the phone, I believe it was Jason, was very helpful, and got it all sorted out for me.

The thing that kills me about these people whining about backorders, and such. Is that they never think to pick up a phone? I mean if I hadn't heard anything about my order within a week. I would have been on the phone finding out where the heck it was. Although they are an internet store, they do have phones, and they have people there that answer them. Ok I'm done ranting now.:rolleyes:

Originally posted by Vash02
well to say the least 2 months went by without one more peep out of them saying the order was shipped. eventually i just canceled my whole order.

Bensongg
02-07-2003, 06:55 PM
I just ordered from them and I am not at all happy with the service. I get an email saying they cannot process it becuz my shipping address was different from my billing address, I call them and talk about it, the girl tells me to call back in an hour cuz the order hasnt downloaded yet. Then I call back in an hour, the guy talks to me like im retarded. Tells me he sees nothing wrong with my order. I get a call yesterday saying they need the phone number on the back of my card. Then I get another email saying they cannot process it cuz my shipping address is not on file at the bank my card is from. So I call em and tell em just to change the shipping address to the same as my billing address, duh, easy as pie. Then, the guy tells me that they dont have the tip I ordered with my freak kit. Tells me they have a different one for $49.99. Hmmm...doesnt that come with the kit? Oh yeah, it does! I hafta swap the tip I ordered for a different one. I got an email today saying my order shipped. Ill be very suprised if its right. This was the first and last time I order from them.

dropkick1
02-07-2003, 06:58 PM
i hate them, o well.

ken

Phil
02-07-2003, 08:42 PM
I order from them and have never had a problem. Just got my IR3 today from them. Any business that does a huge volume will eventually make a mistake.

Mossman
02-08-2003, 12:34 AM
Originally posted by Bensongg
I just ordered from them and I am not at all happy with the service. I get an email saying they cannot process it becuz my shipping address was different from my billing address, I call them and talk about it, the girl tells me to call back in an hour cuz the order hasnt downloaded yet. Then I call back in an hour, the guy talks to me like im retarded. Tells me he sees nothing wrong with my order. I get a call yesterday saying they need the phone number on the back of my card. Then I get another email saying they cannot process it cuz my shipping address is not on file at the bank my card is from. So I call em and tell em just to change the shipping address to the same as my billing address, duh, easy as pie. Then, the guy tells me that they dont have the tip I ordered with my freak kit. Tells me they have a different one for $49.99. Hmmm...doesnt that come with the kit? Oh yeah, it does! I hafta swap the tip I ordered for a different one. I got an email today saying my order shipped. Ill be very suprised if its right. This was the first and last time I order from them.

In PBGear's defense, no decent stores will ship to a different billing address that is not filed with your CC company. They tell you this on the site somewhere relatively obvious, if you want me to find it I will. This is because CC fraud was getting out of hand, so now i believe the CC companies are making the stores eat the lost $, so they aren't being lax about it. It is your responsibility that all your info works with their terms.

On another note, their stock showing system is horrible. Whenever I am ordering an extremely popular item, or something odd that they might not normally have, I always call first. I've been lucky I guess, But i'll continue to use em and free shipping over 100 rocks!

rdb123
02-08-2003, 09:28 AM
Originally posted by Phil
I order from them and have never had a problem. Just got my IR3 today from them. Any business that does a huge volume will eventually make a mistake.

Eventually on every third order. :D

-Ron

Bensongg
02-08-2003, 10:05 AM
You seem to know alot about that stuff for a 17 year old, Mossman. Have you used your parents credit card alot? LOL.

cphilip
02-08-2003, 10:25 AM
A lot of the internet store site I use have a seperate "Ship to" place on thier online ordering system from the "Bill to". The good ones do. And a lot of them keep their inventory online system up to date. And a lot of them answer their emails promptly. Not many Paintball sites I deal with seem capable of this. They want a online store but do not want to keep it up. But it can be done. Try ordering from Cabela's and Bass Pro Shop if you want to see how its done right. You can see FOR REAL if its in stock before you order. And they promply reply if you need to add or changes something. They realize its cheaper and easier to not do it over the phone. Its all a matter of wanting to do it and putting an effort into it. Most of them buy a program and set it up and then forget about it like its going to run itself. It will only be as good as you make it.

Bensongg
02-11-2003, 06:20 PM
NEVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER! order from these stupid *** people! Of course my ****ing order wasnt right. The guy said he'd switch the tip and of course instead of getting even the wrong one, I didnt get any at all! They can kiss every square inch of my big white ***. An any little dorks who wanna defend em can get in line.

Vash02
02-11-2003, 09:19 PM
I feel ya bensongg. They seem to mess up ALOT of orders. Ive had my orders messed up before, and all of my friends have had their orders messed up. You'd think that there wouldnt be this many mess ups. Ill give them once every so many orders but this everytime stuff is crazy.

rdb123
02-11-2003, 09:31 PM
Vash:

Originally posted by rdb123
...Recently, they tried to tell me that I didn't have 50 dollars in a 50 dollar money order I sent them. (yes, you read that correct)....

:p

-Ron

darklord
02-11-2003, 09:46 PM
I like paintball gear... cheap prices, free shipping on orders that are $100+, and a lot of items to choose from. I've never had a problem with them. In fact, I had to return a pair of DYE 03 hybrid pants for a smaller size, and they actually got them to me within 2 weeks. That amazed me.

SpongeBobSquarePants
02-11-2003, 09:51 PM
Good way to fix problems, order a faster shipping gets them on your order faster and usually rite. Didnt work in you case baha sorry.

Peach
02-11-2003, 09:57 PM
I Order from Paintball-Online, out of over 8-9 orders from them I have had NO problems. If you have a problem, ask for Cory. PS: He also shoots a mag and I buy EVERYTHING from him even if the price is a few dollars more. I know I will get it on time, at a decent price, and have good service.

No matter how often a place keeps up their site, always call or email to check if something is in stock.

rdb123
02-11-2003, 10:07 PM
Peach, I called up AV yesterday to change my order to items that were all in stock. The boy on the phone told me everything was in stock and that it would ship out tomorrow via 3rd day.

Well, I was surprised this morning to find an email telling me EVERYTHING I ordered was out of stock. Go figure. ;)

-Ron

ß.C.
02-11-2003, 10:08 PM
They are busy people, perhaps the most busy paintball dealer on the planet. They have some of the best prices and are just trying to run a buisness. Sure they make lots of mistakes, they had plenty of mistakes with me, but the thing is that they made up for it. Ever try working in anything customer service related? It's a REAL PAIN. It is not until after you get all the facts straight that you can start trashing. Have you tried asking for something for your troubles?

BTW we have a few strong dealers on AO, Tunaman of had all of those, we all know he would of had the PARKER

Bensongg
02-11-2003, 10:29 PM
Hey BC,
Get in line.

ß.C.
02-11-2003, 10:47 PM
Bensongg- am sorry is this your thread or bahaboys?