PDA

View Full Version : Pipe vs Scepter?

c sherer
02-07-2003, 05:39 PM
I've heard good things about PMI's evil pipe barrel system,
but I've also heard a lot on these forums about the Powerlyte Scepters.
I like the idea of the backs of the pipes being all 1 piece and sized. seems like there'd be less of a chance to damage those inserts. But, the Scepter barrels have the inserts in the middle of the barrel (unlike freaks which slide into the breech end). This seems to be a better design.
Given that the prices for the full kit is about the same (~$200.00), and that you get 5 various size bores, which would be the better choice?

Any replys welcome, but would really only like to hear from people who have shot or own one or both systems.

If you have any experiences with either, how do they perform? barrel breaks clean out easily? porting hold on to paint or clear out easily? Shoot accurately?

Thanks!
CoSh

joeyjoe367
02-07-2003, 05:47 PM
It's my honest oppinion, that a barrel kit is a barrel kit. Some cost more than others, some come with more bore sizes, and some are inserts while others have whole backs.

Performance wise, they're all going to be the same. any .689 barrel will perform as good as another .689 barrel with the same paint. That's assuming you've got a decent effective barrel lenght. You'll see a differance between a 3" .689 and a 11" .689.

Basically what I'm saying, is go for which ever you think looks better, or is more convenient for you to use. They're all going to perform about the same.

PsychoBaller
02-07-2003, 06:04 PM
The Scepter Kit is rediculously Sweet.... its like shooting darts out of you Gun. Only downfall is that it doesnt come in Mag Twist Lock yet. I have it in Cocker threads for my SFL, and I'll never use my Boomer again.

For a mag - Edge Kit has performed well to many I've seen use and talked to.

~da baller

Dayspring
02-07-2003, 06:08 PM
I know something you don't know. :D

Originally posted by PsychoBaller
The Scepter Kit is rediculously Sweet.... its like shooting darts out of you Gun. Only downfall is that it doesnt come in Mag Twist Lock yet.

PsychoBaller
02-07-2003, 06:18 PM
what is TUNA working on now ?

NOOooooooooo !!!!!! I must have this knowledge....

~da baller

hitech
02-07-2003, 07:14 PM
Originally posted by c sherer
Shoot accurately?

All barrels are they same accuracy wise. Why? 2Gs of side force from vortex shedding. Huh? It's in Deep Blue thread Paintball Physics - Getting to the final answer. :D

Dayspring
02-07-2003, 07:57 PM
Everybody should learn to deal with disappointments. ;)

Originally posted by PsychoBaller
what is TUNA working on now ?

NOOooooooooo !!!!!! I must have this knowledge....

~da baller

ShatteredFaith
02-07-2003, 07:57 PM
Speaking of the Pipe, anyone know where I can get one the cheapest? They have them at paintballgear.com but they don't let you choose the tip length and whatnot, and Evil's website has virtually no info at all.

Phil
02-07-2003, 09:20 PM
I have a friend who just bought a RT Pro but has the sceptre for his spyder. Does the Sceptre have twist lock backs not? If anyone knows I would appreciate a non-cryptic reply.

PsychoBaller
02-08-2003, 08:23 PM
according to my knowledge... Scepters don't come in Twist Lock backs yet.. but according to Dayspring's Secret knowledge... I have a hunch that Tunaman is working on them....

~da baller

sneakyhacker420
02-08-2003, 09:28 PM
even though neither come in mag twist lock, the pipe is definetely the way to go

inserts SUCK... pipe has different size backs like the J&J edge system... pipe comes in cool fades too :p

i want one for my x-mag... if i get an x-mag :o