PDA

View Full Version : Shocktech Drops

theraidenproject
02-07-2003, 06:36 PM
I'm trading my System X long 88 for a PMI stubby 88, thus rendering my DZ2 ill-matched for my new tank. So, I am looking for a new one. I am looking at the Shocktech drops, since when I eventually get a Flatline, I can just take off the ASA, and put on the Flatline, something I can't do with an all-in-one ASA/drop.

Which sizes allow me to slide the EMag battery on without taking them off? I know the small can (from looking at a pic of Load's SFL), but I can't tell from the pics of the long, and I can't find any pics of the EMag with the medium. Also, which length would put the tank far enough back that I don't hit my mask on my hopper? (I have a warp). Also, any pictures of your EMag with Shocktech drops would be very helpful. Thanks a lot.

rpm07
02-07-2003, 06:48 PM
This is a good question because my Emag will be here Monday and I was wondering the same thing. So thanks for poasting this it will also help me out.
Thanks Mike

Load SM5
02-07-2003, 06:50 PM
Here's a thread with pics off all 3 drops. http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=65589&highlight=shocktech+drops The medium is the longest you can go and still slide the battery off, with a regular e-mag. You can modify the rail so you can pull the battery off with darn near any drop. I'll find a pic of what I mean in a second.

rpm07
02-07-2003, 06:53 PM
Thanks

Load SM5
02-07-2003, 06:55 PM
Here you go. SFL's and X-mags already come like this but you can do the same to any E-mag pretty quick. Notice how the rail has been milled down? This allows you to slide the batt down a few inches and pull it off.

http://www.automags.org/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=275119

theraidenproject
02-07-2003, 07:02 PM
Load, you have a 68 ci tank, correct?

Load SM5
02-07-2003, 07:07 PM
Correct.... I like teeny drops so I can shoulder the tank. The valve sits a few inches from my face.

theraidenproject
02-07-2003, 07:11 PM
I've decided it. I'm getting the smallest one, in black, and the black Shocktech on/off ASA. Thanks everyone for the help.

rdb123
02-07-2003, 08:44 PM
I have an SFL and use the shocktech long drop and the matching shocktech on/off ASA. I cannot slide my battery off without unscrewing the drop.

-Ron