PDA

View Full Version : To those with Centerflag tanks with on/offs

drewstair
02-07-2003, 08:42 PM
I have to replace the on/off pin in my dynaflow. My questions is should I use oil on the pin when I slide it in? Thanks

FalconGuy016
02-07-2003, 08:53 PM
I dont think so. In fact, im pretty sure its extremely dangerous and explosive, but im not really sure if that applies to the pin

Kevmaster
02-07-2003, 10:35 PM
I would. It can be hazardous, however you have to ignite the flame before the oil will cause a problem

FalconGuy016
02-07-2003, 10:47 PM
I thought just the sheer pressure from the air would ignite the oil:confused:

Mossman
02-08-2003, 12:06 AM
The on/off is on the output side. You'll be just fine, I would guess it would be a good idea. Those O-rings are under a lot of stress and without oil they could leak or be damaged.

Listen, the isolated incident of the tank igniting was from putting a hefty amount of oil IN the tank itself, through the fill nipple. There is 1 documented case of this happening, but TONS of people did it, and most likely still do, because they thought their reg needed lubrication.

Falcon, when you gonna learn bud? :)

joeyjoe367
02-08-2003, 01:43 PM
I've been in the process of getting a dynaflow (WEEeeeeeee!) so I've done my share of research. Check out this post on Pbnation (wow, it's useful!;) )

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=26426

CenterFlag recommends a high quality Lithium Grease; that's what they use at the factory.