PDA

View Full Version : AV is becoming worse

FalconGuy016
02-07-2003, 08:47 PM
Has anyone else noticed that AV is becoming worse than it already was at shipping and stock? Today marks the one month aniversary of my 68/4500 Crossfire tank order (was "in stock" when I ordered"), and it was FINALLY shipped today, after phone calls, arguements, and many in website messaging. I noticed other people having this problem too. I think they may be having cash flow problems with the prices they sell things at. I hope they fix themselves soon because until then im going elsewhere

AutomagRT1483
02-07-2003, 09:05 PM
They messed up an order of mine over the holidays. I order a 2K2 Smart Parts All American barrel and they only shipped me the back half of it. I called them up and had them send me the front(which was a Freak front I might add) and I got the All American front instead and it was in a freak package. I never called back to get the freak front that i was supposda get, cuz I just dont care anymore. If their changing packaging on barrels they're prolly changing packages on a good amount of everything else. Thats why I switched to 888 paintball cuz there a heck of a lot better than Action Village.

FalconGuy016
02-07-2003, 09:15 PM
Do you get blemished things at 888?

AutomagRT1483
02-07-2003, 09:22 PM
Everything I get from 888 is in excellent condition when I recieve it. They always ship on time too!:)

JAM
02-07-2003, 09:24 PM
I've had a few good experiences with 888paintball.

No blems, fast shipping.

-J

EsPo
02-07-2003, 09:28 PM
i have never had a problem with AVI..!!, when i do hit a problem.. ill go to 888 :)

FalconGuy016
02-07-2003, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by EsPo
i have never had a problem with AVI..!!, when i do hit a problem.. ill go to 888 :)

You're just lucky :) Even all my friends have trouble with AV. Im glad they are adding the "Stock check" button now, but then again mine was "in stock" when I ordered it.

TigerMan
02-07-2003, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by FalconGuy016
Has anyone else noticed that AV is becoming worse than it already was at shipping and stock? Today marks the one month aniversary of my 68/4500 Crossfire tank order (was "in stock" when I ordered"), and it was FINALLY shipped today, after phone calls, arguements, and many in website messaging. I noticed other people having this problem too. I think they may be having cash flow problems with the prices they sell things at. I hope they fix themselves soon because until then im going elsewhere

If they were having cash flow problems due to prices, they'd do the obvious and raise the prices. Their prices are low because their able to get large numbers of orders, therefore they get mass orders of their products to drive the prices down very low. You get more of something, you get it cheaper basically. That's probably why yours took a month, they had a very large order most likely and they have to wait on Crossfire to get that.

FalconGuy016
02-07-2003, 10:00 PM
Yes, but they never seem to have anything :( Thats why I thought they might have cashflow problems. They might just order as many as they need to fill their backorders when their small stock runs out, thats just what it seems like to me.

TigerMan
02-07-2003, 10:03 PM
What is it that they don't have that you want besides your tank you just got?

JT2002
02-07-2003, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by AutomagRT1483
They messed up an order of mine over the holidays. I order a 2K2 Smart Parts All American barrel and they only shipped me the back half of it. I called them up and had them send me the front(which was a Freak front I might add) and I got the All American front instead and it was in a freak package. I never called back to get the freak front that i was supposda get, cuz I just dont care anymore. If their changing packaging on barrels they're prolly changing packages on a good amount of everything else. Thats why I switched to 888 paintball cuz there a heck of a lot better than Action Village.
so are you saying you paid for an AA barrel and they sent you a freak kit? i wouldnt complain about that, no matter how messed up it was.

TigerMan
02-07-2003, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by JT2002

so are you saying you paid for an AA barrel and they sent you a freak kit? i wouldnt complain about that, no matter how messed up it was.

No thats not what he's saying. He's saying he ordered an All American w/Freak front, but they didn't send him a front at first and then they sent him an AA front (might not have specified freak front to them the 2nd time, so they sent the standard AA front).

AutomagRT1483
02-07-2003, 10:41 PM
I specified the freak front the second time, but all they did was ship me the AA front in a Freak wrapper. It was the same price for either one, so I said the heck with it and didn't say nothing bout getting the AA front.

Mossman
02-08-2003, 12:04 AM
Originally posted by AutomagRT1483
I specified the freak front the second time, but all they did was ship me the AA front in a Freak wrapper. It was the same price for either one, so I said the heck with it and didn't say nothing bout getting the AA front.

What do you mean "Freak Front". new style all americans and freaks use the same threaded tips. Did it have the teardrop or AA style porting?

Anyhow. PBgear is a good store, I don't care what people say. My last 3 orders have been flawless and quick. Basically the only time UPS is ever on time for me is when I order from AV.

While waiting a long time for a tank or something else sucks, they are isolated incidents, and whether they happen more than they should, or not, I'm willing to bet 95% + of all orders go through without a hitch.

Also, the 888 blem thing is extremely isolated. Falcon, do you think they intentional scuff up the hundreds and hundreds of items they send every day? If NPS is being cheap and selling blem'ed stuff, that's 1 thing, but this isn't their imperfects factory outlet. 99% of the stuff is fine....

FalconGuy016
02-08-2003, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by Mossman

If NPS is being cheap and selling blem'ed stuff, that's 1 thing, but this isn't their imperfects factory outlet. 99% of the stuff is fine....

Thats the thing, I heard it was their imperfects factory outlet

Kevmaster
02-08-2003, 11:23 AM
888 is National New Jersey's "crap" outlet. Now, they dont stock the WHOLE store with blemished items--there arnt that many--but any cosmetically blemished item they get in stock will be sold at 888 at just over wholesale cost. They dont want to piss off their dealers by sending them crap. They do sell good items too, but all the cosmetically flawed items are sold off at 888

Carpecerevisi
02-09-2003, 04:14 AM
Ive always used 888, they sucked fer a long time, but they kick *** now...Im up to about 700 bucks in orders from them and have never had a single problem. And trust me, I am seriously anal about checking my parts when they arrive...

PolishSausage
02-09-2003, 06:54 AM
www.g3pb.com
www.compulsivepaintball.com
www.agressivepaintball.com
www.fondirect.com

^^^^^^The tools you need to save yourself from a headache

Smitty2k1
02-09-2003, 10:27 AM
Like Polish said www.g3pb.com best website to buy from. By far.

thevilduk
02-09-2003, 10:47 AM
they don't have much man

Smitty2k1
02-09-2003, 05:15 PM
g3pb has plenty if you ask me. But there arnt that many upgrades for the mag as is. Since AGD makes all the best parts.

ShatteredFaith
02-09-2003, 05:19 PM
What's wrong with actionvillage? I actually had to make a return there for a few of the new 2003 DYE apparal, and they actually got the stuff to my house within 2 weeks. That amazed me! The key to ordering from actionvillage though is to not order anything that is not currently in stock. Otherwise they are a pretty decent store.

PolishSausage
02-09-2003, 05:34 PM
FONDirtect.com has become my favorite

I ordered Thursday and had it Saturday using basic UPS Ground, it was awesome!