PDA

View Full Version : Cocker Or Shocker??????

Wank107
02-07-2003, 09:32 PM
I am debating. Shall i get a cocker or shall i get a shocker? I hear that cockers are extremely accurate, while shockers are also. The only differance i see is shockers shoot faster, and are heavier. While cockers are slower and lighter. If i want to be a front line player in tournaments. Which should i pick????

LaW
02-07-2003, 09:52 PM
I would take the cocker first. One is not more accurate then the other either. So you can't use that as an argument. Try to get to shoot both and see which marker you prefer.....

$tevo
02-07-2003, 10:00 PM
how much are you looking to spend? if you were spending around 800 i would say go for a Works Autococker
www.workspaintball.com

or if you were lookin to spend around 1000 get the E-WorksCocker(those are hot)
but it all depends on what feels the best to you

halB
02-07-2003, 10:21 PM
no gun is more accurate then the other

however, if ur a front player odds are ur gonna be sliding, and cockers dont take the dirt too well. also, electros are the way to go for the front, allows u to snap shoot better

but honestly, it all comes down to which one feels better

Riot[Z-Grip]
02-07-2003, 10:29 PM
If you answer a couple questions we can help you out a bit more :) :

1. What is your current setup?
2. What is your price range?
3. Do you know if you like the feel of a mechanical or electronic trigger better?
4. Do you need to buy a new tank/hopper/etc along with your new gun and still stay under above price?

That said, shoot the gun you feel most comfortable with. Almost any gun can be made very consistant and you can get a barrel to match just about any paint (two major components to accuracy), so it's all about what *you* will feel good playing with. A happy player is a better player.

If you like the Shocker, and Impulse may be a better choice as a front player gun (smaller and lighter)... Or you could always shoot a 'mag :D, my current choice as a front player.

Just some things to think about.

-Riot

Wank107
02-07-2003, 10:56 PM
1. What is your current setup? - Automag /w xvalve/lvl 10 and intilliframe, 12volt rev, 68ci 3000psi pure energy tank, dyeboomstick

2. What is your price range? - anywhere around 800

3. Do you know if you like the feel of a mechanical or electronic trigger better? - Never shot a electronic marker

4. Do you need to buy a new tank/hopper/etc along with your new gun and still stay under above price? - No

ringmasta187
02-08-2003, 12:19 AM
stick with the mag to play front. If not go for a smaller electro. The shocker is nice but is large and is a gas hog wich means u need a bigger tank plus max flow, this is alot for a front player. Cockers are nice but as halb said they do not take to dirt well so if u slide alot its not a good gun to have, also when i used to play with one i found after lots of moving and sliding my beaver tail would move and totally block my cocking rod, talk about totally screwing u up in a game. Also if you havnt had experience shooting a cocker it takes some getting use to especially when shooting fast and snap shooting. Mags r great front guns, if your looking for an electro tigger get a centerflag or just go for the big time and pick up an emag, u will not reget that move.