PDA

View Full Version : Original GI Joe Figures being Auctioned

The Frymarker
02-08-2003, 11:01 AM
I saw this on the news the other day, a RI native and creator of the first original 12 inch GI Joe figures is auctioning off his original wooden prototypes.

I told my hubby and he knows what a GI Joe freak I am and said oh really how much? I laughed and said we would never be able to afford it.

The first original in the Army suit the auctioning will start at 600,000.

The next 2, the sailor and the scuba diver will each start at 100,000.

To be auctioned in July , in Texas.

My husband said I'm sorry, I was bummed! I have quite a few.

I bought a 24 inch soldier for my son Sebastian, he was so life like. We took all of the weapons and little pieces away so they wouldn't get lost. Sebastian called him his best friend, the toy was almost as tall as he was.

Russ
02-08-2003, 11:35 AM
When I was in first or second grade, my folks bought me a "set" of foreign GI Joes...There was a Japanese soldier, a Russian, a German, a British and a French resistance fighter. All had authentic weapons and uniforms. All had "correct" facial features. I can only imagine what they're worth today (wish I still had 'em)

The Frymarker
02-08-2003, 11:50 AM
I have a GI Joe from 1978 that has the flocked hair and beard, he still has the same uniform and talks when you pull the string.

I think he was valued at the $250-300 range.

I have too many to mention, but I have the footlocker and all of his weapons as well.

Jack_Dubious
02-08-2003, 03:26 PM
I never had any of the original GIJoes :( I did get the first of the smaller style in the early 80's....81 I believe.
My older brother had the big GiJoes....but i really dont remember them.

What I do wish i still had was my 6 Million Dollar Bionic Man!!!

i think ill look on ebay...

JDub

Python14
02-08-2003, 03:35 PM
I have the new sniper GI Joe on the dashboard of my jeep. My brother calls him vietnam Vincent because he only has one leg. That's the only GI Joe I have ever had.