PDA

View Full Version : Barrel Nubbin Milling

sneakyhacker420
02-08-2003, 12:41 PM
alright, i have my old felon and only have about 2 wire nubbins left and they are no longer avilable from AGD, only the plastic nubbins

my felon is so old that it is only milled for a single wire nubbin, and the plastic ones cannot fit into the narrow slot

i am asking for Doc Nickle or another person with the proper milling equipment to mill out the slot so that it will be able to use plastic nubbins, and possible even mill a second slot on the other side so that i can have dual nubbins :)

if one of you can mill my barrel to accept the plastic nubbins without damaging my barrel, contact me with an estimated price on the milling

pic: felon barrel nubbin slot, and plastic nubbin below

thanks
-sneaky

wyn1370
02-08-2003, 12:55 PM
You can have my old wire's if you need them until you can find someone. PM me an address to send them to. Not sure how many I've actually got left, might only be one or two.

sneakyhacker420
02-08-2003, 01:01 PM
nah, i got an old parts kit last week with a couple extras, so wont need them... just want to convert my barrel to plastic nubbins for the convience of not splitting balls and all... and so that i dont have to hunt down more wire ones

Mossman
02-08-2003, 03:34 PM
Why have I never heard of a felon? Can i get a bigger pic/info?

Also, if you can't get anyone to do the milling for you (seems like it'd be tricky), I'm sure you could get a life time supply of wire nubbins from the nice people on this board. Now i know that's not what you want, but it's better than retiring the barrel if you like it that much.

sneakyhacker420
02-08-2003, 03:49 PM
the Felon barrel company was short-lived

they were based out of a small machine shop somewhere and they made most of their barrels out of titanium or aluminum and sold for $150 (Ti.) or $80 (alum.)

VERY FEW of the barrels ever reached the hands of the public

they had a very unique milling design on them, along with interesting porting

its as accurate as my friends 14" boomie, as quiet as my 14" AA, and a damn good bore match to the paint at my field... and its only 9" long :eek:

heres a pic of mine, one of the lucky ones that still lives on :p (and its the titanium version :D (or atleast im pretty sure))

more pics avilable

Mossman
02-08-2003, 04:16 PM
Looks pretty cool. Where'd you come accross it? I hope you didn't pay 150 for it... :p

beefstew
02-08-2003, 04:21 PM
yea nice looking man. there are too few really nice barrel companys left. palmer barrels are one of the best ive ever shot and you dont see many of those around anyways.

sneakyhacker420
02-08-2003, 04:24 PM
got it off someone on ao for $30 :eek: :p

yup, i agree beefstew :)

quality is always more important than quanity :cool:

Mossman
02-08-2003, 05:04 PM
BOA still rocks :)

petefol
02-08-2003, 07:04 PM
haha i got mine for only 30$ too, its powdercoated green though, and scratched up a bit, but nothing some sanding wont fix.

EsPo
02-08-2003, 07:16 PM
sneaky just wanted to show off his felon.. he is always telling me about how good it is on AIM..arggg...:mad:

mistwolf
02-08-2003, 07:20 PM
I'll gladly trade you my Dye Alum for it, just so you can get back out on the field again and all... ;)

Jamie

sneakyhacker420
02-08-2003, 08:35 PM
haha, it works fine now, and i have 2 other barrels for my mag :p

so no one will be getting this one anytime soon

petefol, how you like the felon?

petefol
02-08-2003, 09:10 PM
i've only used it twice but it performed well both times despite 1 break in the barrel.