PDA

View Full Version : E-Mag Day at the field

rdb123
02-08-2003, 07:35 PM
Well, today was pretty awesome; for a few games, the teams consisted of me and my SFL Emag, some other guy and his warped Emag, and some guy with a black cnc Xmag (number 167 I think).

Pretty cool that there were 3 Emags on the same team considering it seems like no one wants a mag.

When my ACE wasn't registering balls correctly, I could just switch it to manual and keep plugging away.

Thanks AGD for the great products!

-Ron

PsychoBaller
02-08-2003, 07:48 PM
Ron...
Why didnt u just turn ACE off ? Woulda been able to set to 16max bps with it off.. and that is sometimes what I do anyway.

~da baller

rdb123
02-08-2003, 07:56 PM
Well in the heat of battle, it's just so much easier to flip a switch than press the buttons in the grip and cycle to the ACE menu. ;)
I play front so I don't exactly have too much time to fool around with the display.

-Ron

BajaBoy
02-08-2003, 08:02 PM
yea the emags i saw today were choppin like crazy at skirmish.

i think it was blackcell, they weren in the finals and one got wise in the back then choped then shot out by a Psu back player

Dayspring
02-08-2003, 11:39 PM
Actually, they weren't chopping. They were just barrel breaks mostly. That's what you get when you use crap paint in 20 degree weather.

PsychoBaller
02-09-2003, 01:12 AM
To bad I'm so new to BlackCell (as of thursday) that I wasn't at the event (or knew there was one)... no probs as of yet with my Emag, breaking or chopping. But if Dayspring says it was crappy paint then I got his back in agreeing. AGD PRoducts never have anything wrong with them, especially chopping Emags..... :P :D

~da baller

Cyberious
02-10-2003, 07:40 PM
Actually that was X-Mag #XT00207. I know because that was me. I'm still a bit ticked at the guy I snap shot that last game that didn't call it. Had to be me because I was the only one shooting Marblizer and I noticed a piece of the shell on his Jersey. Actually I saw way too many folks wiping that day. It's a shame that so many folks do that even in Rec Ball. Were there any refs that day? It was nice to have 3 EMags on the same team, a bit unfair, but nice. The paint definitely could have been better but it was in the high 50s low 60s and damp which is never good for paint.

You have a nice SFL. Did you get your Halo mounted?

rdb123
02-10-2003, 07:54 PM
Thanks for the compliment on my SFL. Sadly, I haven't been able to run to the store to get some sanding paper. However, I'll try getting some from the art room tomorrow during my free period.

Refs usually don't get on the field at Orlando Paintball. They try to "ref" from the sidelines and really only do anything if you yell at them enough. Most of them are young, but there are a few good ones that actually help the new guys out with tips and stuff.

I noticed that most of the occasional players at OP wipe or play on. You just have to deal with it I guess. It helps though if you yell something along the lines of "You're out," or, "You're hit, get out!"

If you come on Sundays, all the tourney players are there like Twisted Kidz; you are allowed to bring your own paint if you play with the tourney players and they most likely wouldn't cheat.

Nice X-Mag, hope to see it again.

-Ron

EDIT: 3 Emags on one team "unfair?" The other team had the freeflow cocker, and the wiping Intimidator. :D

Cyberious
02-10-2003, 08:30 PM
LOL
I think I just invented a new sig.

"Wipe with toilet paper not with your hands"

Hope to see you again. I think I'm going to start playing exclusively at 3J paintball. (It is where extreme assault used to be in Bithlo they have new owners and good tourny playing refs). They are good folks and can fill to 4500. Field speed is 280 and Pro teams are starting to practice there again. Let me know if you want directions to the field.

rdb123
02-10-2003, 08:36 PM
Ha, nice phrase. Bithlo, yeah, I've heard that they have an excellent field there. The problem is that I live out in Mount Dora, which is about 30 minutes North of Orlando Paintball. If I were to drive out to Bithlo, where I've never been, I'm sure it would at least take me 1 hour and 15 minutes.

I'm sure one of these days my "team" and I will take a road trip out there and play against you and the X-Mag.

Hope to see you there.

-Ron

Cyberious
02-10-2003, 08:50 PM
Sounds Good...Meet you in the middle.