PDA

View Full Version : NorthWest AO meet! (GOOD TIMES, FREE FOOD*!)

FooTemps
02-08-2003, 08:34 PM
Hey all you NW AO'ers! Spring is right around the corner and it would be a perfect opportunity to have a meet. Here's some ideas:

Port Orchard, WA
I was talking to RetroEclipseMan and he has heard some good stuff about this place. There are 2 Sup Air fields, 3 woods fields, 1 scenario field, and 1 hyperball field. The website is www.paradisepaintball.com but the website is a bit screwy and outdated. They fill both n2 and co2 plus they sell food, and have decent bathrooms.

Splat Attack
Federal Way, WA
This a mostly woods field. The last time I went there they were clearing room for a speedball/sup air/whatever field. The place is nice with good woods fields, 4500 psi nitro fills, good & friendly staff, there is a 15$ field fee including all day air.

KC Crusaders
South Prairie, WA
I've heard some good stuff about this place from BlazeStorm. He's been here a couple times. I'm not sure what they have so yeah...

I'm sorry about no oregon locations. I have no clue what's good down there so post some suggestions for locations!

When:
I think that it would be best to hold it early april/late march since it'd be spring break and people would have time. Let us know if there are any other conflicting events, we'll try to reschedule.
_________
Please, make as many suggestions as you want. We still need some more location choices so we can make some arrangements. Don't give suggestions that are like ::insert location in southern oregon:: or ::instert location from northern washington::. Those would be far to inconvinient for one group or another to attend.
_________

*free food may be in limited supply. Bring your own just in case

Gitaroo Man
02-08-2003, 08:47 PM
I think it should be April 21st-30 or something

FooTemps
02-08-2003, 08:50 PM
Ok, keep posting suggestions!

Gitaroo Man
02-08-2003, 08:59 PM
Oh, and how far away from Seatle is this place?

RetroEclipseMan
02-08-2003, 09:34 PM
Well, it's roughly an hour an half from seattel according to mapquest so really around an hour at most. You can get there even faster if you take the ferry though. The reason Paradise is a possible choice is that it's one of the better fields that is the most centralized for people in Washington as well as Oregon.

We still need more input though before we can start to make solid plans with whatever field. I'm pretty sure if we get enough people that are willing to go we can reserve at least one sup air field and get some discounts at Paradise if that's the place that's chosen.

Once some possible dates are decided on we'll do a vote on when and where it should be. So anyone that has any input they wanna toss in definately do it.

joeyjoe367
02-09-2003, 01:54 AM
Paradise sounds good :)

FooTemps
02-09-2003, 01:41 PM
Ok, we've got one vote on paradise so far.

RetroEclipseMan
02-09-2003, 01:57 PM
Ok, Here's the dates of the tournies in Washington in that time frame that we are looking to hold this.I'm thinking that it shouldn't be on these weekends since if anyone is playing them then they may not be able to make the meet.

March 22 - STP Throwdown
April 6-Survior Series at STP
April 15 -NWTS
April 26- STP Throwdown

If nobody on AO is planning on playing these or knows of any more tounies that would conflict with with holding a AO day during that time then let us know.

FooTemps
02-09-2003, 02:04 PM
Dang, that's almost every weekend in our timeframe.

RetroEclipseMan
02-09-2003, 02:17 PM
Yeah, but like I said if nobody that wants to go is playing them then we can just go ahead and plan it on whatever weekend is decided.

RetroEclipseMan
02-09-2003, 05:43 PM
UP

Blazestorm
02-09-2003, 09:52 PM
Come on people, There has to be some northwest people that wanna play together!

banzaimf
02-10-2003, 02:41 AM
I'll probably be there. Although I am normally at STP

RetroEclipseMan
02-10-2003, 05:28 PM
Well, since it looks like there's not a ton of interest in this then why don't we just decide on doing it at Paradise and then all we gotta do is find a date that suites everyone.

Edit: Oh yeah, you sig is just a littl big don't ya think man.:D

magking1971
02-10-2003, 08:34 PM
IF you guys want to do it on march 1st we are hosting a big game and all are welcome to come play, for more info check out www.dougbob.com :D

Gitaroo Man
02-10-2003, 08:40 PM
I might be able to make it since I'll be looking at colleges up there so we'll see

FooTemps
02-10-2003, 08:50 PM
I can't make march 1st. I've got a distric competition to go to.

RetroEclipseMan
02-10-2003, 08:59 PM
Magking: Where exactly is Elk, Washington? I live in Renton and was kinda interested. I'm thinking the AO meet itself may be later in March or early April.

Gitaroo Man: When are you gonna be up here looking at schools. Even if we can't get a full AO meet scheduled we could still go out and play.LMK

joeyjoe367
02-10-2003, 09:11 PM
What happened to Aranarth? Someone send him a PM and direct him to this thread...

Gitaroo Man
02-10-2003, 10:00 PM
I'll be up around the 19th-25 or something like that of April

who_311
02-10-2003, 10:54 PM
I am goin to the Paradise. My friend lives up there, i live in monroe. You guys should do a meet at Splatem Sports. Just because there is nobody cool at my field.

Peach
02-10-2003, 11:02 PM
I live in Oregon... Most of these places are a good ways away from Portland. If there is a good intermediate, which might not be possible I would go. And hour from washington, even in my direction is still a 2 hr drive, a little to much to ask my dad to drive for, even though he plays to.

FooTemps
02-10-2003, 11:13 PM
Well, if you find a good intermidiate then please let us know. I have no clue as to where would be a good place in between here and oregon.

RetroEclipseMan
02-10-2003, 11:39 PM
Yeah, if you know of any other places then feel free to share them. I just threw Paradise out there since it was the only decent field that I knew anything about that was down south.

Joey, as far as Aranarth, I believe the reason we haven't heard anything from him in the past few months is because he's in the navy and is over seas at the moment. I'll send him a pm anyways just in case.

And Gitaroo Man, even if we have this thing before you're up here we'll still have to get together and play. Joey,Blaze, and myself actually play together when we go so it's like a little AO meet right there. We just want to have an official one. Well, i better stop babbling and get back to drawing.

Blazestorm
02-11-2003, 12:15 AM
Elk washington is 300 miles away... don't feel like dring 267 miles on I-90... but thas just me :D

AlabamaMan
02-11-2003, 01:11 AM
It would be fun to go, but anything in the seattle area is a little far for me to drive.. About 9-10 hours from southern oregon.

FooTemps
02-11-2003, 01:24 AM
We're trying to find out places that are more in between. Please help us out if you know some good places.

Ok, I think that there will be some location scouting... who's up for a road trip to oregon?

RetroEclipseMan
02-11-2003, 02:04 AM
I am as long as you're paying for gas.:D :D

Blazestorm
02-11-2003, 06:04 PM
Lets go before the prices go to hell :eek:

:D

And brandon, buy like a trailer or sometin... heh... heh... a trailer on your micro volkswagon... heh... heh...

einhander619
02-11-2003, 07:42 PM
About time I got in on this. What about the Portland area? It's fairly central and there's several decent fields around here.

Here's oregon paintball, I'll be playing there for the first time on march 1st, I'll tell yall how it was.
http://www.oregonpaintball.com

This is Splat Action, they're not bad, but they're no SC Village. The only problem might be that this place was kinda hard to find.
http://www.splataction.com

Down in Salem is Warpaint, which I've never been to, but from the website they look like they have their act together.
http://www.warpaintinternational.com

Close to Splat Action is Weekend Warriors. These guys have a good rep, and have a nice field setup. Good prices, too. $10 fee if you have your own gear.
http://www.weekendwarriorsnw.com

There are others too that I didn't list, check out

http://www.paintballcow.com

for a list of all the fields in Cali, Oregon, and Washington registered with it.

joeyjoe367
02-11-2003, 08:13 PM
Originally posted by Blazestorm
Lets go before the prices go to hell :eek:

They've gone to hell and back. Gas is $1.74 next to my house.

RetroEclipseMan
02-11-2003, 08:33 PM
Yeah, no kidding man. Price just jumped from $1.50-almost $1.60 for unleaded in less than 2 days.

who_311
02-11-2003, 09:03 PM
Splatems' is a good place(closest to me);). But I just hope i can get over to these places. I can't drive so.... i might have to beg my dad or something. The only fields i know are, STP and splatems.

I hear KC Krusaders is pretty bad. People can drink there and their rules and refs are a little so-so. I was there once when some guy knock another's beer over, and they went out into a full out fist fight. Then one grabbed a gun, a emptied a whole hopper on the other out in the parking lot while he was on the ground.:(

Blazestorm
02-11-2003, 10:48 PM
Um... dude you just said the only fields you've ever heard of have been STP and splatem... and KC crusaders is better than most places.... splatem wasn't the best in my opinion... slow games and the refs were poor about safety, I had to tell atleast 20 people to put their masks on and barrel plugs in.

who_311
02-12-2003, 12:42 AM
Well yeah, but i am working on getting sponsered by them, so i guessi was trying to get the name out. I am sorry if i offended you or anything. And most of the unsafe peeple are the renters. Kc Krusaders was alright, i just said they were alittle iffy for me. Sorry, jesus christ, why does everybody have to be so uptight.

magking1971
02-12-2003, 01:22 AM
Oh come on guys we drove down for the AO meet in Salem, drive your rears over here:D :D :D :D

crazyray
02-12-2003, 09:07 AM
Well I know Im not from Wa or Or but gosh I'm willing to drive 13 hours if I have the time off and not playing any tournies up here in Alberta, and some of you won't even drive 2 hours tsk tsk tsk

Blazestorm
02-12-2003, 10:52 AM
They're lazy... half of us are too young to drive, we have like 2 people with cars and stuff to drive.

who_311
02-12-2003, 06:10 PM
Lets go to paradise.

RetroEclipseMan
02-12-2003, 08:02 PM
Well, seeing that I don't have a job at the moment and I got tons of stuff to pay for school coming up with the gas money alone to make a huge trip is gonna be hard let alone the money to play. In any other circumstances I'd be all up for a big roadtrip especially if paintball is involved but I've spent almost $150 alone on paint, brushes and illistration board this quarter and that's just for supplies for one class. So yeah when I don't got parents to foot the bill it's a bit difficutl. My vote goes for going to Paradise by the way.

Edit: And joe you can't call any of us lazy cause you still got almost 3 years till you can drive!!!

:D

magking1971
02-12-2003, 08:50 PM
HOLY COW crazyray! Our local hocky team(Spokane chiefs) plays your town all the time:D :D
Ya I think you guys on the coast just need to buckup and do some driving:p :p :D ;)

Yipe
02-12-2003, 11:36 PM
My $0.2 ($12.93 Adjusted Canadian Dollars)...

Out of all the fields in the "Portland Area", Weekend Warriors in Marquam is the best bet for a professionally run, exciting AO day. They cater almost excusively to speedball so this is not a rec-baller's paradise by any means, but the field is clean and safe, the staff is courteous and the service is reliable. They can definitely handle the demands of a large group of players (Diablo paint, food, Co2 and 4500psi air fills all day). Right now, they have between 3-4 fields running simultaneously, so a large enough group of AO'ers should be able to play by themselves if desired. This is a very popular field, therefore I recommend checking their tourney schedule for openings. Saturdays are slower while Sundays are usually flooded with local tourament teams practicing for upcoming events, plan accordingly.

The field is owned and operated by Gene Kaiser and all pertinent information can be found at his website:

http://www.weekendwarriorsnw.com/

To wrap up, if you settle on Oregon as your AO destination, Weekend Warriors is the way to go.

Hasta,

Matt