PDA

View Full Version : The hardest team decision ever

Smoke
02-09-2003, 12:38 AM
Two players on my team were recently arrested for burglary, theft, and several other counts. If convicted, they face up to 15 years and $30,000 in fines. They broke into someone's house and stole their safe, which contained money, and drugs. I was completely shocked when I heard this. I had finally gotten my team where I wanted it, and now this happens. Obviously, I have suspended them indefinatly from the team, because even if they aren't convicted, I still don't want to be associated with people who have criminal records. I don't want to have that kind of reputation, being known as the team who has criminals on it. I want to run a legitimate team, and these two clowns ruined everything. Now, I've had to boot two of my best friends off my team, all because they didn't use their heads. Am I in the wrong? I feel what I did is right, but still, I kinda feel bad at the same time. They're my friends, but I can't have players on my team who do this kind of stuff. But, I've managed to fill their gaps in about 1 hour, so we're still 5 men strong, but things just won't be the same. It's hard telling two great players to hit the road. I dunno, thanks AO for letting me vent.

Python14
02-09-2003, 12:40 AM
Good Call.:)

Maglover2k
02-09-2003, 12:43 AM
not to be a heartless bastard but sometimes the captains role has to kick in, they did something stupid and now they're going to have to pay.

Mossman
02-09-2003, 12:44 AM
I'd me more concerned that these criminals are your friends than your teammates. It's better to be associated with people cuz you play ball with em than you choose to hang out with em. If they really are some of your best friends I think you need to keep an eye out for your buddies better, and not let them stray that far from the law. Goodbye!

Wait......if there were drugs in the safe, who called the cops? Lol......did they plow into a cop car on the way home or something? If someone stole my stash of illegal drugs I don't think I'd call the cops on em, just gotta take your losses :)

I think you should learn about the situation before you pass judgement on em, but still analyze whether the people you associate with you are ruining your image as well.

Smoke
02-09-2003, 12:49 AM
Originally posted by Mossman
I'd me more concerned that these criminals are your friends than your teammates. It's better to be associated with people cuz you play ball with em than you choose to hang out with em. If they really are some of your best friends I think you need to keep an eye out for your buddies better, and not let them stray that far from the law. Goodbye!

Wait......if there were drugs in the safe, who called the cops? Lol......did they plow into a cop car on the way home or something? If someone stole my stash of illegal drugs I don't think I'd call the cops on em, just gotta take your losses :)

I think you should learn about the situation before you pass judgement on em, but still analyze whether the people you associate with you are ruining your image as well.

The police followed their tracks home. They found the safe dumped in a field. I usually only hang out with them for paintball reasons, but still, would you want to be associated with criminals? Cuz face it, that's what they are. I don't want to feel guilty for kicking them off, but I just know if I keep them on, one of these days, it'll re-surface, and it'll make the whole team look bad. I don't want that.

ArthurDent
02-09-2003, 12:49 AM
i think what you did was right but the coments you made about having criminals on your team and such was a little much....

Smoke
02-09-2003, 12:52 AM
Originally posted by ArthurDent
i think what you did was right but the coments you made about having criminals on your team and such was a little much....

Hey, my emotions are running high right now, and I'm facing reality, they commited criminal acts, therefore they are classified as criminals. And yes, I do not want that to stain the good status of my team.

PsychoBaller
02-09-2003, 12:57 AM
that people like that were ur "friends" to begin with.... people dont just do random acts like that... kinda odd....

Anyways.... ya did what had to be done... and I love the McClaren to death... if it was Street Legal in the US.. i would find a way to win the Lotto.. and buy one...

~da baller

Maglover2k
02-09-2003, 01:02 AM
jeeze guys, if you had a friends who were convicted criminals, would you want to hang out with them or have them on you team, HELL NO!

Maglover2k
02-09-2003, 01:03 AM
the McLaren is street legal in the US and you spelled it wrong, I love that car too.

Mossman
02-09-2003, 01:10 AM
Originally posted by PsychoBaller
that people like that were ur "friends" to begin with.... people dont just do random acts like that... kinda odd....

Anyways.... ya did what had to be done... and I love the McClaren to death... if it was Street Legal in the US.. i would find a way to win the Lotto.. and buy one...

~da baller

Ya, i saw one parked in my quiet town in like 6th or 7th grade. It was on the street. It was insane. I missed a few classes :)

It turns out it was Herb Chambers' personal car. He's the biggest car dealer in the northeast I believe. I think what happened was he ordered one to sell, knowing full well no one would buy it, so he just took it for himself. I'd be happy with a successful supply cabinet raid at my job.... but noooo..he needs to steal a 1.2 million dollar race car....

Temo Vryce
02-09-2003, 01:34 AM
Well I have to say that you did the right thing. The fact that you feel bad about having to remove to of your friends from your team and your life just goes to show that you are a good person and someone who is worth having as a friend.

Smoke
02-09-2003, 01:36 AM
Originally posted by Temo Vryce
Well I have to say that you did the right thing. The fact that you feel bad about having to remove to of your friends from your team and your life just goes to show that you are a good person and someone who is worth having as a friend.

Thank you. That comment is greatly appreciated.

SqueegeeKid
02-09-2003, 01:36 AM
Personally, if i were facing 15 years in jail i'd be spending all my cash on lawyers, not paintball. If they didn't get kicked off the team, they'd probably be too broke to play anyway.

I'm not too sure I'd kick my buddies off the team right off the bat though. Innocent till proven guilty right? And even then, i have convict friends and it doesn't bother me. I'm not gonna disown them cause they made a stupid decision. Might wanna watch my wallet though.......

AutomagRT1483
02-09-2003, 01:47 AM
Man, it still hasn't hit me yet. I can't believe that they were capable of something like this, especially Dumas. Dumas is in the Army, now he just threw a good career away on one stupid decision. Honestly, I could see Tad doing something like this. He just fits the type to do it. Hopefully, they don't get a massive amount of fines and jail time.:(

Bulldog
02-09-2003, 01:54 AM
Your dead right. Stuff like this will never be emotionally neat for good, honest people, but it's still the right call.

Smoke
02-09-2003, 02:00 AM
Originally posted by Bulldog
Your dead right. Stuff like this will never be emotionally neat for good, honest people, but it's still the right call.

Thank you. Well, at least I'm not the only one who feels this way. I appreciate all of your support. This sucks soooooo bad, we finally got everything together, we were gonna start making a name for ourselves, now we got set back majorly. I've recruited 2 more people to fill the gap, but like I said, it won't be the same.

FutureMagOwner
02-09-2003, 08:37 AM
i say kick em off if they break the law then what inhibition would they have to not cheating in paintball? and since you want an honest team having convicted criminals wouldnt be a good idea(im saying if they are convicted) and chances are by the time they get out of jail(if they are convicted still) they wont want to play paintball probably

Smoke
02-09-2003, 10:33 PM
Well, they don't cheat in paintball, I know their playing style, but it's hard to believe that people that you know could do something like that. But yeah, I don't feel guilty about kicking them off, they messed up now they gotta face the consequences.

WARPED1
02-09-2003, 10:37 PM
Don't ever even talk to those dickheads again.EVER!