PDA

View Full Version : Living He|| today paintballing

DeathscytheSK
02-09-2003, 02:11 AM
today was fun and all but it kinda sucked, my first day with my automag and I was pretty excited but I expected more out of my automag. I would shoot and the fps would be dropping from like 160ish then back up to like 240ish then back down and and the shortstroking sucks horribly with mags, I mean you have to really pull that trigger back to make sure you get a good shot and if you don't pull the trigger back far enough, you just hear air go out the gun and the ball just plops right out the barrel, I kept breaking balls, I was constantly shooting like 2 balls at once when I pull the trigger once, the trigger is really stiff with the classic valve, and to top it off, my 1.8k blow disk blew on my nitro tank the first time I use it, damn ACI Bulldogs... on a second note I did shoot out some people when my mag was working ok but it wasn't consistant working for me... I guess mags are not for everyone

Mossman
02-09-2003, 02:24 AM
I think you had as much of an issue with your air supply as your mag. Yes, you have to pull the trigger back and release fully every time, but 6bps or so to the untrained finger on a stock frame is very do-able. Get an intelli, makes shooting easier, and the pull won't be as stiff because you have more leverage and more fingers shooting.

Anyhow, no tank should blow a burst disk if it's working properly, and mags are extremely consistant creatures. Get a working nitro tank, drop a few drops of oil in the air line, and watch your mag hum.

DeathscytheSK
02-09-2003, 02:27 AM
I do have an intelliframe, the main thing that really pissed me off about the trigger was that if you barely press on it, it starts to leak air from the bolt becuase sear is pressing on the on/off valve, I am gonna buy a automags parts kit and replace all the orings and get my nitro tank checked, hopefully it will work better

bunkermaster10
02-09-2003, 06:07 AM
Yeah, that pisses me off too when you barely just tap the trigger and it starts leaking a little bit till you completly pull the trigger.

personman
02-09-2003, 09:05 AM
1. Oil it
2. Learn some patience and let it break in. The triggger pull will be better after that
3. Learn the trigger, It took some time for me, but the automag is great afterwords
4. I dont know what kind of nubbins you are using, but they are obviousally bad.. try some plastic ones, or maybe a little bigger paint?
Just spend some time with the thing and you'll learn to love it..

FalconGuy016
02-09-2003, 09:26 AM
I suspect your crappy fps was due to a crapping out tank

Xerces
02-09-2003, 10:01 AM
what kind of hose are you using? if its microline, thats where your fps dropoff lies, if youre shooting fast enough the micro will starve it.

Impy-rocks
02-09-2003, 10:12 AM
Xerces, I used micro on my gun until I could afford Macro and it worked fine. It holds the same amount of air as macro, it's just not as thick.

Sinnet
02-09-2003, 10:16 AM
also, check your reg seat (thread on it in the tech forum). A bum one'a those could kill your consistancy like that.

TheJester
02-09-2003, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by Impy-rocks
Xerces, I used micro on my gun until I could afford Macro and it worked fine. It holds the same amount of air as macro, it's just not as thick.

in micro, the air passage is ALOT smaller, and therefor will resrict airflow. the same amount of length of micro can't hold the same amount of air as macro, because of it's smaller air passage, the macro has a larger volume.

DeathscytheSK
02-11-2003, 08:56 PM
yeah I think I am gonna give my mag some more time, I defiently need to break it in and I think I need to get new orings for everything and give it some more time to break in and all

albert83
02-20-2003, 02:00 PM
could someone please tell me what the hell "break in" is
i have a minimag and i know how it works i dont think that there is anything that could break in..... the intelli frame isnt fast!!!! i have one ok its lighter but also longer pull!!!!!!!!!

joeyjoe367
02-20-2003, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by albert83
i have a minimag and i know how it works i dont think that there is anything that could break in..... the intelli frame isnt fast!!!! i have one ok its lighter but also longer pull!!!!!!!!!

The o-rings in the on/off can wear a bit, and "break-in" the trigger, making it a bit softer.

If you have a double-trigger classic automag, you should be able to hit 9bps without too much effort.

If you're not able to do more than 6bps, then i suggest you sit down next to the compressor, or Co2 fill station, and practice :)

Remington
02-20-2003, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by albert83

When we talk about "breaking in" a mag it means you need to oil it, and use it to allow the o-rings to wear in, thereby making the mag run smoother overall. The Intelliframe is a fast frame once you get the hang of a mag trigger pull, as well as how fast you can pull the trigger; if you get a ReTro Valve it makes the Intelliframe VERY fast. For pull, the Intelli is very short compared to just about anything out there on the market. If you look at a Benchmark frame(not saying they're bad), it has a MUCH longer pull and a lot more "trigger slop"(side to side motion) compared to an Intelli.

DeathscytheSK - I think you were getting veolcity all over the board because of three things: 1.) Obivously, your tank was having problems. 2.)Maybe the paint you were using was bad(I've had the same problem with velocity because of bad paint). 3.)You may have been having problems with your reg seat as Sinnet mentioned. Hope you get that tank fixed, and don't give up on mags just yet! ;)

hitech
02-20-2003, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by DeathscytheSK
The shortstroking sucks horribly with mags...I kept breaking balls, I was constantly shooting like 2 balls at once when I pull the trigger once...

Upgrade it to level 10. Then you can shortstroke all you want and it won't chop. It helps increase your rate of fire as you don't have to worry about how you pull the trigger. Also, get some plastic nubbins. They work MUCH better. :D

Pballwizz
02-20-2003, 02:28 PM
Is the leaking when you only slightly pull back the trigger normal? I thought it was bad! Also, with the velocity, get a chrono, and try to increase and decrease until y ou get to the basic limit of FPS (about 280). Also, depending on how fast you are shooting y ou could be experiencing shootdown. Peace!!!

Smoke
02-20-2003, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by hitech

Upgrade it to level 10. Then you can shortstroke all you want and it won't chop. It helps increase your rate of fire as you don't have to worry about how you pull the trigger. Also, get some plastic nubbins. They work MUCH better. :D

Here Here!!!!
LvL 10 also made my trigger easier to pull by about 60%. Now I can hammer the trigger and not have to worry, and also, because mags are so crisp, you don't really have to squeeze the trigger halfway, just give it a pull until it fires.

MCollier
02-20-2003, 03:10 PM
though the tank may not be causing your problems I hated my ACI tank. Not a great flow rate on it.

I got a crossfire 68ci 4500 last summer and I love it.

joeyjoe367
02-20-2003, 09:29 PM
Originally posted by MCollier
though the tank may not be causing your problems I hated my ACI tank. Not a great flow rate on it.

I got a crossfire 68ci 4500 last summer and I love it.

Yeah, the Bulldog Reg is deffinatly not the most consistant regulator on the market.

A good tank is key to having good consistancy with your marker, especially with the Automags.

Oh, if your paint/barrel match is waaay off, or the paint you're using is total crap, and it's all funny-shaped and stuff, it can cause velocity fluxuations too.