PDA

View Full Version : New Info on the Dreamfire Loader

Phil
02-09-2003, 11:49 AM
There is a little more info on the dreamfire site http://www.gforcepb.com/securestore/c155791.2.html Sounds to me like it might be a loader and pods combo.

Automaggin2
02-09-2003, 01:12 PM
Hasnt that thing been in development for liek 2 years lol. i remember seeing something on that a long time ago.

1stdeadeye
02-09-2003, 03:06 PM
If this thing is for real, I am so buying it! It looks and sounds awesome. Show me it works and you have a sale!

shartley
02-09-2003, 03:24 PM
DreamFire Loader

DreamFire™ (patent pending) the ultimate loader for the paintball sport.

Coming Fall 2003, G-Force will be releasing its super paintball loader, named DreamFire™. Designed to kick paintball tournaments up another notch. Players can now carry self-contained pre-charged paintball cartridges with force feed mechanism. As a player exhausts the paintballs in the DreamFire™ loader, they simply eject the empty cartridge to the ground and snap on a fresh cartridge. No more time wasted in flipping lids or spilling paintballs ... forever!

Features and Benefits:

Adjustable feed rate - to suit mechanical to insane ROF electronic markers;

Force feed system - allows players to shoot inverted continuously;

Removable paintball cartridge - the fastest reload;

Super quiet - no noisy paintball juggling;

High capacity - cartridges will be available in 150 or 200 rounds;

Modular power source - the fastest battery change.

Stay tuned as we release sneakpeek prototype images of the DreamFire™ Loader.

I don’t get it…. sounds GREAT, but how will that kick paintball tournaments up another notch? I thought force fed loaders were against the rules. And the reason the WARP is not illegal is because it relies on a standard hopper to feed it. And even HALOs require gravity to help feed them, right? This new loader looks to be a bit more than that.

Thoughts?

Temo Vryce
02-09-2003, 03:38 PM
Sounds like the AT(whatever)'s belt feed clip system. As for tournies I agree with Shartley, I thought that Force Feed loaders were banned.

_Spork_1
02-09-2003, 03:51 PM
why were force feeders banned?

Fred
02-09-2003, 04:04 PM
Courtesy of HaveBlue....

enjoy!

http://haveblue.org/tech/patents/us20030010330.pdf

PsychoBaller
02-09-2003, 04:05 PM
is force fed.... so I dunno wut ur talking about force feeders being banned.

~da baller

shartley
02-09-2003, 04:21 PM
I just read through the NPPL rules, and indeed there is NOTHING about force fed ANYTHING being illegal. I seem to remember that it WAS at one time, or may have been mistaken. But it seems that now everything is legal in the “ball feeding” department.

I know the Halo is described as force feed, but doesn’t it rely on gravity to make the balls go to where they system gets them from? That is a whole lot different than a clip that physically pushes every ball, or what this new loader does by pushing the entire mass of balls. It leaves NOTHING to gravity at all, and that is what I was talking about. Hold your Halo upside down and see how much it “force feeds”. ;)

WARPED1
02-09-2003, 04:39 PM
I believe,but not sure, that they changed the rules on force fed.HALO does not rely on gravity,in fact no balls will feed unless its on,thats the thought behind the Rip drive.

shartley
02-09-2003, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by WARPED1
I believe,but not sure, that they changed the rules on force fed.HALO does not rely on gravity,in fact no balls will feed unless its on,thats the thought behind the Rip drive.
It does not rely on gravity? Can you hold it upside down and shoot your marker until all the balls are out of the hopper? If not, it does rely on gravity… and very much so. Just because it will not feed unless it is turned on does not indicate that gravity does not play an integral part of the loading….. unlike this new system, and other clip systems.

WARPED1
02-09-2003, 05:15 PM
The balls in the loader will not feed unless forced out by the spinning thing in the catch cup past the springs,therefore no,no gravity required.
"True Force Feed:
The HALO B is unlike any paintball loader ever designed. It is a true force feed loader that keeps tension on the ball stack . This allows the HALO to actually accelerate (faster than the gravity limitations other loaders have) balls via spring tension into the marker. It also prevents the marker from disturbing the ball stack with blow back pressure."
from OPP site.

shartley
02-09-2003, 05:38 PM
The balls in the loader will not feed unless forced out by the spinning thing in the catch cup past the springs,therefore no,no gravity required.
"True Force Feed:
The HALO B is unlike any paintball loader ever designed. It is a true force feed loader that keeps tension on the ball stack . This allows the HALO to actually accelerate (faster than the gravity limitations other loaders have) balls via spring tension into the marker. It also prevents the marker from disturbing the ball stack with blow back pressure."
from OPP site.
You didn’t answer my question. Don’t quote the manufacturer… simply answer the question…

If you take your marker with the Halo on it, and tip it upside down, can you fire it until all the balls are out of the hopper (being shot out the marker)? OR do you need gravity to push the balls to where the “system” grabs them and force feeds them? The “stack” talks about the line of balls leading from the hopper to the marker. What about inside the hopper?

See my point? You may be able to feed the “stack” without gravity, and indeed you can NOT feed the marker at all without it being turned on, but…… if you fill the hopper and turn it upside down, can you feed all the balls from the hopper into the marker? Or do you need gravity to keep the balls loading into the “force feed system”? ;)

A TRUE force feed system requires NO gravity at all, not even in the ball storage area…. No matter what OPP says.

JT2002
02-09-2003, 05:41 PM
yes its true. a while back there was a ban on a force feeding "system". the reason it was banned was because it was only useable on this one particular gun which, would then put every other gun at a disadvantage. the reason warps and halos and this new hopper arent banned is because they can be used on ALL markers

WARPED1
02-09-2003, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by shartley

You didn’t answer my question. Don’t quote the manufacturer… simply answer the question…

If you take your marker with the Halo on it, and tip it upside down, can you fire it until all the balls are out of the hopper (being shot out the marker)? OR do you need gravity to push the balls to where the “system” grabs them and force feeds them? The “stack” talks about the line of balls leading from the hopper to the marker. What about inside the hopper?

See my point? You may be able to feed the “stack” without gravity, and indeed you can NOT feed the marker at all without it being turned on, but…… if you fill the hopper and turn it upside down, can you feed all the balls from the hopper into the marker? Or do you need gravity to keep the balls loading into the “force feed system”? ;)

A TRUE force feed system requires NO gravity at all, not even in the ball storage area…. No matter what OPP says. Balls will not leave the loader unless force fed into the neck.

1stdeadeye
02-09-2003, 05:48 PM
Balls will not leave the loader unless force fed into the neck.

But they need gravity to fall into the force feeder. It will not fire upside down because then the balls are resting on the lid and not the feeder.

shartley
You still did not answer the question.

Whether a loading system WILL feed or will NOT feed unless it is turned on is NOT an indication of whether gravity is an integral part of the system or not.

Answer the question…..

If you turn the marker and halo upside down, can you shoot all the balls out of the marker? Or do you still need gravity to place the balls within reach of the feeding system?

Kevmaster
Shartly, under your definition, the HALO is not force fed.

JT2002

but balls will not enter the neck unless gravity pulls them down into the catch cup which then forces them into the gun.
(did you think of that? :D )

the halo IS considered a force feed since the balls are held with tension in the feed neck, but it also relys on gravity to put the balls into the catch cup.

WARPED1
02-09-2003, 05:51 PM
Yes you can fire the gun upside down,the HALO force feeds them with enough force.I merely misunderstood the questionm in reading it.I went back and reread it:p!

JT2002
02-09-2003, 05:52 PM
LOL:D :D
Kevmaster

shartley

1stdeadeye and myself all posted in the same minute! we must have no lives :( sitting next to our computers waiting to reply!:D

1stdeadeye
02-09-2003, 05:54 PM
Yes you can fire the gun upside down,the HALO force feeds them with enough force.I merely misunderstood the questionm in reading it.I went back and reread it:p!

You can for 1 or 2 shots, not consistantly. The feeder system will run dry after a couple shots. You can fire sideways because the feeder can still grab the balls though!

shartley
02-09-2003, 06:00 PM
I did not ask if you can simply fire the marker upside down. LOL I said can you fire ALL the balls out of the hopper, not just the balls that are already in the stack. LOL

NO, you can not fire all the balls out of the Halo if you keep it upside down. No matter how “force fed” a system is, as long as it relies in ANY part on gravity, it will be limited by that factor…. No matter how good it feeds when in the correct configuration (i.e. upright with balls directly over the feeding system).

The test of a TRUE force feed system (as opposed to a partial force feed system), is if you can fire the marker at any angle and have the balls continue to feed into the marker without having to tip it back upright again. I.E. turn the marker upside down and empty a full hopper into it… continuously, without stopping or having to change the angle and hopper/marker orientation. The Halo can not do that. But this new system CAN, as can clip and similar systems.

This is not saying the Halo is not one kick rear loader, because it IS, and I would take one in a heartbeat…. But it is not, in my opinion a fully force feed system.

1stdeadeye
02-09-2003, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by JT2002
Kevmaster

shartley

1stdeadeye and myself all posted in the same minute! we must have no lives :( sitting next to our computers waiting to reply!:D

I have a life, it's just today I have a sick six year old. Can't do too much, some I am surfing the net and playing game cube with my son.

shartley
02-09-2003, 06:04 PM
Kevmaster

shartley

LOL I am actually stilling watching TV. I keep my laptop in the living room on a stand that I made for it that has a removable tray top so I can either have it on my lap, or on the stand. I moved my Wife’s computer onto the kids’ homework desk too so she can surf the net and watch tv too. LOL That is why I seem to always be around… I always have one computer or another close at hand. :D But it is not the ONLY thing I am doing.

WARPED1
02-09-2003, 06:05 PM
There's just no arguing with shartley.He's always right and we're always wrong.And we can't tell him how we feel because he's good friends with the mods and will get us banned.

1stdeadeye
02-09-2003, 06:10 PM
There's just no arguing with shartley.He's always right and we're always wrong.And we can't tell him how we feel because he's good friends with the mods and will get us banned.

You are not arguing with Sam, you're fighting with physics. It is a force feed hopper, yes. Is it a force feed system, no. It does indeed force the balls through the stack. However it requires gravity assist. Upside down, the balls will lay on the roof/lid of the hopper and the force feeder will spin empty! So technically, you are both right!

LOL Sam gets more grief then most AOers. If you disagree with him, debate him. Profanity is the sign of a weak mind. Warped you are better then that. Beat him with the facts or find facts that make your arguement! Besides a good debate is aweful fun!;)

shartley
02-09-2003, 06:13 PM
Sorry, but if you feel that way, you are misinformed. You can try to pass this on to it being a Shartley issue, but simply put, your argument didn’t stand up. And I was not the only one who pointed that out.

Again, I am sorry you feel this way, but what you just posted was not accurate. I have never “gotten anyone banned”, nor would even suggest using my relationship with any of the Moderators to do so. If that idea was not so absurd I might have been insulted, and I am sure the Moderators would have been as well.
:rolleyes:

shartley
02-09-2003, 06:40 PM
HeeHee… my Living Room laptop stand! Everyone needs one of these babies! :D The day I made this was a very good day indeed, and it is one of the most used pieces of furniture in my living room (aside from the couch).

JT2002
02-09-2003, 07:29 PM
now all you need is wireless internet and youre set. my moms laptop has it and i use it in the den ( on opposite side of house from wireless router) all the time, its great!!

shartley
02-09-2003, 07:37 PM
now all you need is wireless internet and youre set. my moms laptop has it and i use it in the den ( on opposite side of house from wireless router) all the time, its great!!
You got that right! But one little piece of the puzzle you don’t have is that I don’t only have 2 computers. ;) I have 5, and they were already set up as a land line network in my Home Office. I then expanded some of the systems out of the office. It was cheaper to just wire each of the rooms I wanted to use my computer(s) in, than to get it all switched over to wireless networking.

I will at some point go wireless, but at the moment I run as is with very little mobility issues. My money is better spent on other things. :D

ben_JD
02-09-2003, 09:20 PM
HeeHee… my Living Room laptop stand! Everyone needs one of these babies! :D The day I made this was a very good day indeed, and it is one of the most used pieces of furniture in my living room (aside from the couch). This is the saddest thing I have seen today :)

Fred
02-09-2003, 09:28 PM
so anyway, since everyone is so interested in this Dreamfire Loader thingy...

anyone know anything else???

---Fred

fearc7
02-09-2003, 09:40 PM
you guys are arguing over common sense. I'm sure you guys both would agree if you guys knew what each other were talking about because it is not rocket science people! Now anyways, lets drop that, and focus on informative information on this new loader. It sounds curious.

BTAutoMag
02-09-2003, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by ben_JD
This is the saddest thing I have seen today :)

yea im sorry shartley but that is sad. no wonder youre like on 1 out of every 3 threads and have an extremly high post count. did you give cphilip one of your stands:)

shartley
02-10-2003, 07:30 AM
Why is it sad? I would call it pretty creative. I use the computers for work AND entertainment. I have 6 TVs in my house as well… its that sad too? ;) Or how about folks that have huge amounts of paintball markers?

No, I didn’t make Phil a stand… but would. LOL Phil is a lot like me in the fact that he has easy access to the internet a great deal of the time. That is why his and my post counts are so high. It is not that we don’t have lives, or don’t work. :D

ben_JD
02-10-2003, 09:44 AM
Sam,

Justify it any way you want. :)

Actually, we could use a similar piece of furniture for our family room. I just couldn't miss an opportunity to slam on you.

shartley
02-10-2003, 09:57 AM
Originally posted by ben_JD
Sam,

Justify it any way you want. :)

Actually, we could use a similar piece of furniture for our family room. I just couldn't miss an opportunity to slam on you.
HeeHee I know you were just ribbing me. :D

If you can’t find something that will fit your needs, feel free to shoot me off a PM. :)

ogre55
02-10-2003, 11:18 AM
Ok, so back to the actual Dreamfire design. It's a great concept. If there is enough force to feed the balls upwards (without breaking them) you could mount the loader to the side of the marker, alla warp feed, and have a Halo/Warp combo, in one device.

Two possible design problems though, and this is from a cursory review of the patent application: (1) What if you get a "log jam" of balls in the feed neck apparatus (what they refer to as the "outlet" in the patent). How would one clear such a jam. I see no agitation device designed for that purpose, and; (2) How easy is it to change cartridges?

All in all, this could be the future in loader technology. It looks neat on the drawing board but, how will it function in practice.

Ogre

JT2002
02-10-2003, 03:00 PM

You got that right! But one little piece of the puzzle you don’t have is that I don’t only have 2 computers. ;) I have 5, and they were already set up as a land line network in my Home Office. I then expanded some of the systems out of the office. It was cheaper to just wire each of the rooms I wanted to use my computer(s) in, than to get it all switched over to wireless networking.

I will at some point go wireless, but at the moment I run as is with very little mobility issues. My money is better spent on other things. :D

howd u get em wired for a good price? places were like 500 to wire like 6 or so rooms and included the router. yeah, i have 2 (well really 3, but that ones in my room and is an old piece of ***** that i never use cause its too slow, graphix suck, you get the idea) the desktop is hardwired since i play counterstrike on it cuz i hear wireless can lag real bad. but the laptop works great on it.
ok so anyways BAck on subject......

shartley
02-10-2003, 03:12 PM
howd u get em wired for a good price? places were like 500 to wire like 6 or so rooms and included the router. yeah, i have 2 (well really 3, but that ones in my room and is an old piece of ***** that i never use cause its too slow, graphix suck, you get the idea) the desktop is hardwired since i play counterstrike on it cuz i hear wireless can lag real bad. but the laptop works great on it.
ok so anyways BAck on subject......
I wired them myself.

JT2002
02-10-2003, 04:27 PM
ahhhh, theres the key. you see if you do anything yourself its cheapest.