PDA

View Full Version : Just a though...

Will Wood
02-09-2003, 03:42 PM
Not going to happen.. but just an intersting idea..

talking to a fellow AOer..

AGD should make a crappy talon like thing. Like a plastic Sydarm without the reg or something. Something cheap, worthless, that would help bring in more people into the game like BE's stuff, but doesn't break.

EsPo
02-09-2003, 03:44 PM
they would make alot more money, and gain publicity....

shartley
02-09-2003, 03:57 PM
If they did, I would say go no cheaper in construction or quality than Spyder class markers. I think that a good (or reasonable) quality low end marker would be a good thing. It would give folks a good starting point with complete setups from marker/loader/air at reasonable “starter” prices. Then they could upgrade to AGD’s other more expensive lines of markers… RTP, E-Mag, C&C, etc.

I run into people all the time that would love to get into the sport, but are not willing to spend what it takes for a good AGD setup. So I have them go right to Spyders… I have both and know that they both work fine. It would be WONDERFUL if I could send them directly to AGD for that first step.

But honestly, I think they have their hands full as it is. And since they already sell their top end markers as fast as they can produce them, I would bet that a better investment in time and money would be to produce MORE top end markers. And only after they can’t sell them as fast as they are made, THEN look into the lower end markers. Until then, it just does not seem worth it considering their size and apparent budget.

Brak
02-09-2003, 07:49 PM
that would be a good idea, like a sydarm 2. it would introduce people into paintball and how good AGDs products are, and gain a lot of publicity

strongboy2005
02-09-2003, 08:05 PM
But they already have the stock mag... you can get those for under $200 on ebay.

EsPo
02-09-2003, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by strongboy2005
But they already have the stock mag... you can get those for under $200 on ebay.

is a spyder compact 200? then again, you also have to buy a barrel, hopper, bottomline and co2/n2 ...

madmatt151
02-10-2003, 01:19 AM
This makes total sens eot me as well. I played two weeks ago and got 5-10 people very interested in playing. They all wanted to buy a gun, and loved my set up, but hwen they heard of the price, they lost interest in my gun and started looking at the guy witht he Spyder. You can get a package with hopper tank and gun fo under $200 for a decent spyder, even with an electro frame. I know AGD could produce a quality product for less money. Yes you can get a Mag for $200 on ebay, but it will be used. Most peopl eentering the sport will be more attracted by a $200 NEW item rather than a $200 used item, even if the quality is better.

FooTemps
02-10-2003, 01:47 AM
dude, you can get a whole spyder setup for 200, which include EVERYTHING. Mask, co2, gun, loader, elbow, and most of a chance more. I mean, a TL+ goes for 90 dollars and the spyder classic goes for 60. They even sell a spyder compact start up kit including everything you need to play for 160.

My friends started out with spyders and piranhas... oh wait, they're still using spyders and piranhas they got when they started. Besides that, they spent relatively low prices getting into paintball. I'm just trying to get the point across that spyders aren't THAT expensive and are a good choice for starting out.

I check the prices between www.paintballgear.com and www.xpaintball.com .

Vendetta
02-10-2003, 12:52 PM
They way to go would be for AGD to design and then outsource the production. It seems to me though, that Tom is too hands on to let someone else make his products.

BTAutoMag
02-10-2003, 01:11 PM
lol

"weve created a mag that will beat out an angel any day... lets try for BE.

Shingo
02-10-2003, 01:51 PM
Kinda like the idea of having my friends start PB with an entry level AGD marker. Upgrading to a Mag later on might come more naturally.

Back when I had a Spyder, and I was thinking of moving up to a high end marker... if Kingman had something GOOD to offer, I would still be using a Kingman today.

~Shingo~

FooTemps
02-10-2003, 07:27 PM
When I turned my friends on to paintball they first played with mags. Crap, hahahaha, now they don't want anything else.